http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,560434,00.html

Ninja Scroll
10-31-2002, 01:41 PM
Is this game seriously any good? Cause it looks pretty cheesy to me.:rolleyes:

Casper
10-31-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Is this game seriously any good? Cause it looks pretty cheesy to me.:rolleyes:

Well, I'm returning it today for store credit, or something, but this game was totally not worth more than a rental...and a Rent 1, Get 1 rental from BlockBuster at best :o

The camera is terrible...when you change guys, you're not really sure who it brings you to because your guy could be off screen and the camera doesn't catch up too quick. I really couldn't get into playing Ultimate Frisbee in the year 2420 :rolleyes:

Snoop Dog
10-31-2002, 02:31 PM
Haha! You suck! I love this game! There is NO problem with the camera... at all!!!

I suppose it's not a game for everyone though... Just make sure you play it for a couple of hours in action view. THEN if you don't like it just return it.

Ninja Scroll
10-31-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by casper

Well, I'm returning it today for store credit, or something, but this game was totally not worth more than a rental...and a Rent 1, Get 1 rental from BlockBuster at best :o

The camera is terrible...when you change guys, you're not really sure who it brings you to because your guy could be off screen and the camera doesn't catch up too quick. I really couldn't get into playing Ultimate Frisbee in the year 2420 :rolleyes:

See, see, see,.. I told your hard headed ash dat, dat game looked weak as hell.:rolleyes:

When will you ever learn dat when Ninja Jubei's "Ninja Senses" start tingling to pay it some attention slappy!:cool:

Woocifer
10-31-2002, 03:55 PM
Yeah I got blasted when I put up a complaint about this game in the New Games section, but apparently I only bad mouth all the games that other people like... I only thought I badmouthed games that I thought were poor and there are quite a number of them on the Xbox. It isn't my fault that the games aren't all that great...but there are some that are just amazing. I try to limit my library to just those games instead of filling in cracks with mediocre titles.

None the less I'm told I'm trying to be Mr. Anti-everyone so I look cool...Just saying what I see and what I feel...I've tried a lot of these types of titles that have been shrouded in a bit of mystery and hype. This one just didn't keep my attention because of said problems before, among other certain issues that I didn't like: Lack of team work AI, lack of cinematics and presentation, lack of camera views(2 types with 3 variations), and a few others that just didn't keep me interested in the game.

Perhaps if these certain issues were taken care of the game would feel a little more soild, a little tighter and a bit more fun for me.

But I'm just trying to be cool by going against the grain apparently :P

bleh...

Casper
10-31-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Snoop Dog
Haha! You suck! I love this game! There is NO problem with the camera... at all!!!

I suppose it's not a game for everyone though... Just make sure you play it for a couple of hours in action view. THEN if you don't like it just return it.

Oooohhhhh, that's how your supposed to know if a games a keeper...I just put it in for 5 minutes, played the tutorial and then returned it. Riiiight :rolleyes:

See, see, see,.. I told your hard headed ash dat, dat game looked weak as hell.:rolleyes:

When will you ever learn dat when Ninja Jubei's "Ninja Senses" start tingling to pay it some attention slappy!:cool:

Yeah man, I know, I know. But I didn't even have to pay for it. The kid that got it for me wanted to get the Beta XBL kit, so I tried someone DTR for it and in turn, he bought me that. No biggie, I'll just bring it to EB and get store credit for when those REAL games come out. Ya know, the ones that have system link AND Xbox Live :cool:

rockola
10-31-2002, 04:33 PM
the game is a sport game. it is just as fun or more fun than any basketball game or hocky game out now. there is no way someone could say they like nba 2k3 but think deathrow suck. the only thing I could see is that you dont like sport games, or you didnt really expect what you got. but the game is just as good any any sport game out. and the camera angle is fine, you cant play on action view though, that cam angle sucks. I think its just there for vanity but it isnt what I would think is the main camera view for playing

Toonz
10-31-2002, 05:16 PM
This game is definetly a Buyer and not a Rental. The graphics are great, gameplay is simple if you give it more than 30 minutes to become totally comfterble with the controls. The only downfalls this game has was the lack of XBL support ( system link is there though ) and possibly the ability to turn of the profanity for people who wish not to hear tons of swearing from there T.V. Yes there are tons of good games coming out and Deathrow was one of them IMO. Anyone into sports will definetly love it. I hate sports games and I love this game.

Snoop Dog
10-31-2002, 06:09 PM
I don't like sports games either... But if you don't like these sort of games or expect some sort of big story or presentation then this is not the game for you. I respect your opinion then.

This is a game you can play a couple of minutes and just leave. You can play it alone or with friends. Conquest or multiplayer. Just sheer fun! Just don't expect more than what it is!

yall
10-31-2002, 06:28 PM
can someone tell me where the hell to get this game? i can'y find it any where. i made checks both in person, and over the phone several times at 2 seperate eb's, after the release date and they had no clue about it. checked 2 different toys 'r' us, both no-go's.
checked media play.twice. today they told me they have never heard of the game.

has some ps2 fanboy hijacked the shipment headed for buffalo? are we snowed in, and cut off from the outside world? i hope not, i haven't winterized yet. maybe the ups guy has been on a drunken 'drew bledsoe kicks ass' scotch bender for the last week? what the hell is going on? i'm so boggled i can't even be bothered to use the shift key.

XBX_Junior_XBX
10-31-2002, 06:35 PM
it better!!! : P

This game really deserves this score. Excellent gameplay, graphics and sound makes this game really fun to play. I am having so much fun with this game!!! : P

Toonz
10-31-2002, 06:45 PM
Being that this game had almost no advertising and hype and its made by a very small developer the first shipment quantities were very low. I got the only copy my EB had because I reserved it about a month early. Due to its overwhelming success and word of mouth popularity I'm sure you will be able find it anywhere in the next week or so

rockola
10-31-2002, 07:04 PM
actually, when I went to buy this game, I went to 2 different EB's .the first one didnt have a clue to what it was and couldnt find it on thier computer. the second one (in a different mall) said it wasnt out yet, then I went to software etc that was right next door to EB and they had it. so I think this game is one that sneaked up on everyone

Toonz
10-31-2002, 07:30 PM
One of the developers chats on TXB and he said quantities were very limited to start

AcidJazz
10-31-2002, 08:35 PM
Best game ever.

evil xbox king
11-01-2002, 04:14 PM

Yep, just like when your "Ninja Senses" told you that San Francisco would win the world series...

Woocifer
11-02-2002, 10:24 AM
Baseball is boring garbage anyway...kinda like Deathrow...

blahahahahahhahahaa don't flame, I don't care cuz I blatantly said this...keep yer panties on...

smack119
11-02-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by yall
can someone tell me where the hell to get this game? i can'y find it any where. i made checks both in person, and over the phone several times at 2 seperate eb's, after the release date and they had no clue about it. checked 2 different toys 'r' us, both no-go's.
checked media play.twice. today they told me they have never heard of the game.

has some ps2 fanboy hijacked the shipment headed for buffalo? are we snowed in, and cut off from the outside world? i hope not, i haven't winterized yet. maybe the ups guy has been on a drunken 'drew bledsoe kicks ass' scotch bender for the last week? what the hell is going on? i'm so boggled i can't even be bothered to use the shift key.

yo man im in buffalo too, i got the game. i got it from babbages in the boulavard mall on niagra. although i think i got the last copy.....

yall
11-02-2002, 11:03 AM
I'm going looking for it today to help settle my nerves before the pats come to town tomorrow.

smack119
11-02-2002, 04:01 PM
i was going to go to that game, but plans changed..... where in buffalo you from?

yall
11-03-2002, 05:20 PM
depew. i went to the game. obviously, i left pi**ed off. i did get deathrow. wow! what a cool ass game. i am loving the hell out of it.

EHWfedPres
11-05-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
Baseball is boring garbage anyway...kinda like Deathrow...

blahahahahahhahahaa don't flame, I don't care cuz I blatantly said this...keep yer panties on...

Baseball is boring, i'll agree with that...but i'll bet 20 bucks that you completely suck at Deathrow, and thats why you dont like it...;)

yall
11-05-2002, 06:27 PM
I dunno if thats a sound argument. I totally suck at Deathrow, but I can't stop playing it. I've played that team of ninjas about 8 times now, and the best I've done is tie them a few times. I won't give up though. This game rocks! My only complaint is the lack of depth. I wish there was more of a franchise mode and the players don't level up very often (you probably have to win occasionaly to boost your attributes!), but that being said, the gameplay is very fast-paced and complex, which makes it highly enjoyable. I whole-heartedly recommend it to those of you who are on the fence.

EHWfedPres
11-09-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by yall
I dunno if thats a sound argument. I totally suck at Deathrow, but I can't stop playing it. I've played that team of ninjas about 8 times now, and the best I've done is tie them a few times. I won't give up though. This game rocks! My only complaint is the lack of depth. I wish there was more of a franchise mode and the players don't level up very often (you probably have to win occasionaly to boost your attributes!), but that being said, the gameplay is very fast-paced and complex, which makes it highly enjoyable. I whole-heartedly recommend it to those of you who are on the fence.

You get to train your people after every game if you win...at least I did...

I beat the final challenge last night, and when you do that, it says some stats about your team and games and stuff...I scored 491 goals in 14 games...and was undefeated. :D

Liberation
11-11-2002, 12:08 PM
ok, I have been playing this game for three straight days. I am now up against the First Blazers Chamionship Team and I'm getting my ass whipped. Now, in the manual it says you can sub players that you unlock durring Conquest mode. Well, thats not the case in the copy I bought and it's very dissapointing because it's nearly impossible to beat Conquest mode with the default characters. If someone else has the game and can actually sub players please reply to this and tell me how. It says press A, but when I do it pulls up a menu and wont let me switch people. Even though I have unlocked the entire team it only gives me the option of the one player. Weak, weak, weak...

Jacob
11-11-2002, 12:28 PM
I know you can switch players during the game, you need to press X. It will save you money than healing your players between rounds.

You can train players and heal them and all that after the games..make sure you click TEAM. I think it;'s next to message. I can not stop playing the game. It's GREAT!