PDA

View Full Version : Whose Got It?

benz_300sl
11-15-2001, 07:27 AM
So guys. its thursday...whose got their XBox...i dont yet, i'm waiting for Future Shope to send it to me.....

Do you guys have yours?

netranger6
11-15-2001, 09:30 AM
Getting mine today at 10 a.m. Reserved bundle at Kaybee toys. Hoooorrrraahhahaahahh!!

blueknight
11-15-2001, 09:41 AM
I got it! I didn't pre-order so I was worried. Went to Walmart at 11:00pm and they had already given them out at 6 and I was ****ed! So I went to K-mart and they had only 11 and I put my name into a hat. There was like 200 people there and I got one! It's great. They had crappy games only like one or two so I decided to wait. I would be up all night anyways and had to get to work today but after work I should be able to pick something up....least I got the console. It means so much more when you have to "fight" to get it rather than just walking in to get it!

-BK

rich.foreman
11-15-2001, 09:58 AM
Got to WalMart at 10:00 PM

(I called, they said it was a raffle.. Tried calling 1-800-Walmart like suggested in here, they said it was up to store managers)

There were maybe 100 people there, and 18 XBox's.. I had my wife and mom with me, so we had three numbers. We all got called, and gave two numbers to less fortunate people that didn't get their number called.

I bought the box, an extra controller and NFL Fever 2002. They didn't have a large selection of games, but I am very happy with Fever..

Jason1010
11-15-2001, 10:46 AM
dads letting me stay home from school until it come so i can sign for it. :D im gonna play a bit before i goto school though :p

VAN
11-15-2001, 10:55 AM
Hey gang. First post, but hopefully I'll become a regular poster.

The wonderful world of Walmart at midnight. I arrived at about 9:00 and to my surprise, the place was empty. That didn't last long, though.

By the time 11:30 rolled around, at least 100 people were lined up, but the only problem was that the store had only been alotted 14 consoles.

Oh well. I was first in line, so it didn't matter. :)

I got Halo, PGR, DoA3, Munch's Odyssey, and Nascar Thunder 2K as well.

I played last night, but unfortunately I am now at work--yes, us "old timers" are gamers as well, so I have to put off playing until 6:00 tonight. Grrrr.

packermark
11-15-2001, 11:01 AM
Was first in line at EB Lakeland 8:00am. Started my fever with FEVER. Sorry EA I will never look back to Madden (whatever) again.:D :D :D :D

rich.foreman
11-15-2001, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by VAN
--yes, us "old timers" are gamers as well, so I have to put off playing until 6:00 tonight. Grrrr.

haha.. know what you mean... I'm 30, and the lady at the counter asked if it was for my kids. uhhh.. No! It's for me.. maybe if I am nice, I'll get Shrek for the kids, but for now it's all mine! haha

VAN
11-15-2001, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by rich.foreman

haha.. know what you mean... I'm 30, and the lady at the counter asked if it was for my kids. uhhh.. No! It's for me.. maybe if I am nice, I'll get Shrek for the kids, but for now it's all mine! haha Sweet! I'm not *that* old afterall. :) I'm soon to be 28, but I just can't kick this video game disease.

I'll look forward to your posts, Rich. I just can't relate to these younger folks anymore. :(

Silver
11-15-2001, 11:45 AM
So... I only want to know one Thing... Does it crash?

Too many rumours about it.. I dont believe any, but still, thats would be the only reason _not_ to buy this awesome console...

But only thing is that im in europe.. so Im gonna have, loong wait till XBox...

rich.foreman
11-15-2001, 11:47 AM
In my limited experience (4 full games of NFL Fever 2002 last night, and about 6 full games at BestBuy and Walmart), it did not crash on me once.

I would hope this is a rumor, but I guess only time will tell..

l Maximus l
11-15-2001, 11:53 AM
Yes! I got mine! I'm 26, so I'm not much younger than you "old timers" ;)

Though, I did something that I could not believe...I started waiting in line at 5:30pm on the 14th and stayed there all night until 7:00am November 15th!!! I was first in line...three other hardcore XBox "addicts" showed up at 9:00pm (which was 3 1/2 hours after me!!) and then more and more people started gathering as the hours went slowly on by.

There were only 10 XBoxes available and there was about 15 people (After several left - but people waited just in case anyone decided to leave...believe it or not, one of the people within the first 10 actually left!!!!! Probably an emergency since he speeded off in his truck). I have been awake for over 26 hours now and I am at work trying to put in 9 hours :(

Honestly, I don't think I will even be able to play it tonight...I'm so tired now that my adrenaline has worn off...but, rest assured! I have my XBox :D (Pardon if this sounds lame - about not being able to play tonight...but, it's the brutal truth...I'm pooped :( ....I thought I would have more energy than I actually do...I can barely keep my eyes open)

darianX
11-15-2001, 12:11 PM
Ahhh, its good to see other "old timers" like myself. I'm 32 and my boy is 5 today :) He can't wait to play DOA3 and fight Daddy...he'll probably win too, you know how those kids are..LOL

Taltoz
11-15-2001, 12:48 PM
My wife just stopped by my office to show me that she had indeed picked up my xbox. Got oddworld, PGR, and they let her swap out THPS for DOA. Only bad thing was they did not have any copies of fever and I had preordered it too. Have to wait on that one I guess.

Wolf1171
11-15-2001, 01:02 PM
I am a first time poster on this forum, but have been reading it for awhile.

I got my Xbox from Ebgames preorder and did not even open the box. I promised myself that it would be a Christmas present to me and the kids and it will stay locked away in the closet until then.

I got PGR, Halo, Munch, Madden, TonyHawk, and DOA3.

I can't wait till Xmas morning.

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/sjeffre2/Wolfhead.bmp

xboxlover
11-15-2001, 01:18 PM
****** I am in the uk to, i have to wait for another like 4 months so i want to hear lotso tales of ur xboxes ok.

scarecrow kfj
11-15-2001, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Wolf1171
I promised myself that it would be a Christmas present to me and the kids and it will stay locked away in the closet until then.

I got PGR, Halo, Munch, Madden, TonyHawk, and DOA3.

I can't wait till Xmas morning.

Do you think you will last?? My wife tried that once on me but it didnt last I had to play ( not the xbox ).

I preorderd pgr and fever and neither were shipped to me. well at least I have doa3 and halo and munch so I will be happy till wed. But football would have been nice for the weekend. Maybe I will try to rent it..lol

Wolf1171
11-15-2001, 01:36 PM
The last time I tried this was with the N64 and it killed me but I just kept myself busy all the way to Xmas with work and then took that week off with vacation so I could play, play, play.

Thats what I am planning to do this time also.

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/sjeffre2/Wolfhead.bmp

packermark
11-15-2001, 01:40 PM
I guess I am the old fart here 45 in 9 days. Started gaming 30 years ago with a game called 'Thinking Mans Football' (dice and board game) tried electric football and just about everything else in between for both FB and BB. I thought I found the pot of gold with XOR's NFL Challenge but they droped dead. Then stumbled upon *ierra's FB series. With Lorne Sundby's utilities it was all you could ask for. But when the made the jump to 3d they might as well have jumped in the crapper. So for 4 years I really tried to like, understand, put up with EA's "polished turd" called Madden(whatever)and finally figured out that EA gave a **it less about real football than *ierra did. So when MS hired Pat Cook (The leader of the FBPRO series) I figured that maybe MS was going to get it right. Fever 2000 was **** close. Fever '02 is even closer to a football gamers heaven. (Rumor has it we may see Fever '03 for both X-Box and PC as well.) If not with BB coming next summerand another year under MS's belt next years product will even be better. 2 things to add for next years version 1. Play Editor, 2. The ability to transfer stats and rosters to a PC to be able to print them out. MS can that be under next years Christmas Tree ??????????

Thanks for letting an old-fart rant. I've got the FEVER and don't want no CURE.

maxpower
11-15-2001, 02:58 PM
Well, I too am an older gamer, I guess...29.
I just bought my xbox at the local Best Buy.
However, the experience I had made me feel
kinda sad for some of the hardships being endured by
some of you folks.

Well for starters i walked into one of San Antonio's BestBuys
at 1:00 pm today to the sight of at least ......50.....yes 50 boxes.

No rush no fuss. I got to tqlking to one of theguys. He said that store received 190 units! He also mentioned that people had been in line since 11 last night. If they only knew.
But I do understand some people make an event out of the camping out....oh yeah it's been storming in SA since yesterday evening.....Well they didn't have HALO so as of now I just have the box to look at.

ShannonX
11-15-2001, 03:04 PM
I got mine today, i took my lunch break at Best Buy and bought the system and 2 games.

aronx
11-15-2001, 03:05 PM
I am 29. Got my XBox this morning (with little hassle). I feel I was on the forefront of the gamin revolution back in the early 80s when Atari first appeared (actually I owned an Intellivision first). So screw those who think we're too old. We started this gansta ****.

Wolf1171
11-15-2001, 03:11 PM
I agree, I am 30 years old and have been through the revolution.

Atari, Intellivision, Commadore64, Colecovision, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega Genisis, N64, Playstation, Dreamcast and now the XBOX

Video games wouldn't be were they are today without us oldtimers who started it all.

Hugh_Jass
11-15-2001, 03:19 PM
I bought mine last night at Walmart. I just walked right up and took one home. No waiting.

scarecrow kfj
11-15-2001, 03:41 PM
three more hours and I get to play.. Man I cant wait to get out of work... how hard is halo? is it easy. am i going to be able to beat it in a night or a weekend?

benz_300sl
11-15-2001, 04:01 PM
I'M GETTIN MINE IN LIKE 30 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!!

ShannonX
11-15-2001, 04:03 PM
i'm going to play halo first, i've been waiting for that game for a loooong time. DoA3 was a recent addition to my list of games i would like to get. I was going to get PG, but i was dumb and didn't get all the games out (didn't realize there were more in stock) and when i purchased mine (before the store opened) PG was "sold out". About 2 hours later, i found 10 more copies of the game, but i'm just going to stick with the games i have now. Now, just have to find time to play it. :D

Koolice98
11-15-2001, 05:48 PM
I must be the only person who got their xbox at meijer, anyone else get their xbox there?

Eagle 13
11-15-2001, 08:34 PM
I realy feel sorry for all those people who did not win an X-BOX in the store raffels. Whats really funny is that A store here in Oregon is selling 40 X-BOX's a day. and there is not many people who would by an X-BOX. So all my condolences to those who did not get one. :(

jeah
11-15-2001, 09:04 PM
Eagle 13.... what store are you referring to? In what city?

Eagle 13
11-15-2001, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by jeah
Eagle 13.... what store are you referring to? In what city?

Portland Org. The store im talking about is in Wilsonvile. Its Frys Eletronics. Most of my friends and schoolmates do not like the X-BOX. They say its a "Peice of ****" (don't hold me to this) and they all want Gamecubes and PS2's.

Snake_bit
11-16-2001, 03:14 AM
Well I went to My Local Wal-Mart Store and they had 8 Units So i talked to the Dept manager and He said the first 8 in line in front of the Cash register would Get 1 Limited to 1 per customer So I first went to the bathroom and then Next i went to the Snack Bar for a Large Drink Then On to the Sporting Goods For a Comfortable Folding Chair and then The Final Stop In front of the Electronics Dept Cash Register Well I was # 2 in line 1 guy in front of me was there since 3:30 pm I got there at 8:07pm
Well we was sitting around Being watched By every Person that strolled By the Electronics dept as I smiled and Nodded as I knew I was the # 2 guy in line To get My XBOX already having bought my games a few days before in hopes of getting an XBOX i waited & the 2 of use exchanged storys and waited well it got 9:20 the Next person showed up then it was like the Gates of hell opened people was everywhere trying to find out something about the XBOX with large Drink in hand sitting in my fold up Chair Watchin Shrek On the 52 inch TV # 2 in line the time Got Near having to go to the bathroom from sitting 5 hours in my Chair drinking Large drinks I waited for the Final Few minutes to get the Most Wanted game machine in the world in My hands then It was time I was smiling ear to ear then they rolled them out and I guess the rest is history I got home at 12:23am hooking this baby up and How sweet it Is. I got Dead or alive 3 / halo / Nascars Thunder 2002 and a extra Controller and Mem Card Oh Did I mention I was 40 yrs old My wife and kids Said Dad Your Crazy Until they Got to See the great time I am Having with My New toy :D :p :) :cool:

jeah
11-16-2001, 03:28 AM
I didn't even think of going to Fry's. I'm down in corvallis, that's not a bad drive up to wilsonville. Oh well, i'll be getting mine tomorrow in the mail. I think there was about 20 total xbox's here in corvallis.

Eagle 13
11-20-2001, 09:22 PM
I FINALLY GOT AN X-BOX!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D I got it on Monday from a guy. he sold it to us for $30 over price. The reason my Dad and I did that was we could not find the X-BOX any were else, so dont shame me 'k' :D :D :D ;)

teXman
11-21-2001, 02:20 AM
I got mine from Big K-Mart of all places. I assumed no one would be looking for one there so I guess I lucked out. It was a spur of the moment kind of purchase. Got Halo and Fuzion Frenzy. I'm not sure what to get next. Maybe PGR if someone confirms if CDR's work with the copy feature.

ozenplayer
11-21-2001, 03:29 AM
i purchased my xbox on november 15 12pm could have been earlier but eb wouldnt let me slide with a dollar now come on 1 buck short good thing i had some dreamcast games in da car an traded blue-stinger for store creditbut threw it all i got my nice little bundle