PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 2003, Amazing

MerimacHamwich
11-01-2002, 07:44 PM
Fifa 2003. From what I played in the PC demo, this game is going to be great. 2002 was a leap and a bound from the previous versions and this one looks to be another giant step for football video games. I cannot wait to play the ful version. FootBall Rules!

XBX_Junior_XBX
11-01-2002, 08:06 PM
it's coming out next week for the xbox. I pre-ordered my copy already at EB. I can't wait to get my hands on this game. The graphics are better than ever. Wondering, are they using a new engine??

I was watching a video trailer and i tought that it was a real soccer game, but suddenly i noticed something at the bottom of the screen showing the xbox symbol!!! : P I showed to my dad and he was like yeah right, then i proved by asking the guy inside the store, heheh, my dad was like, hey do you have this game, can i buy it? LOL : ). So I told him that i had pre-ordered the game already at EB and he hugged me!!! : P. Oh well FIFA 2003 for the xbox is going to be a blast.

Dark Enemy
11-01-2002, 09:13 PM
tis game should be better than fifa world cup cause that didnt really have anything to offer.

gtaplayer
11-01-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Fifa 2003. From what I played in the PC demo, this game is going to be great. 2002 was a leap and a bound from the previous versions and this one looks to be another giant step for football video games. I cannot wait to play the ful version. FootBall Rules!

hey MerimacHamwich, i remember last time i talked 2 u was the world cup, do u have fifa 2003 for xbox? if you do can u post any screenshots, its not out here in the states, it was supposed 2 come out on the 1st but it got delayed till the 6th, cant wait :)

XBX_Junior_XBX
11-01-2002, 10:25 PM
pure brazilian like me!!! : P I am proud to be a brazilian american!!!!! : ) I was borned in Brazil but i was raised in here since i was 2 years old.

gtaplayer
11-01-2002, 11:05 PM
i came here from brazil when i was 2 years old also, hey damn u live in coral springs?!?!?! so do i, wat a small world huh, lol wat urs aim?

Yankeez
11-02-2002, 12:38 PM
ive already played it on xbox the complete version and it is simply incredible they finally take advantage of the xbox's power

Tinny
11-02-2002, 12:51 PM
*Sigh* I'm hoping EA has actually done it right this time. Ofcourse I will buy FIFA simply because they are FIFA, no matter how crap it is (I can always trade). Get 2003 some time later this month. I miss a good Football game, and only the PS2 actually has a good one.

MerimacHamwich
11-02-2002, 01:48 PM
Sorry, I dont have it on xbox. I will probably buy it used a couple of days after it is released. Seeing as it is EA and all. I have however played the demo for pc. I must say WOW. The players actually look like their real life counterparts. It is amazing. The animations are smooth and they have a new dynamic camera angle and everything. I never got to try and set pieces yet so but I cannot figure out how to put curl on a goal kick. Heck, I cannot even figure out how to just kick it. I only know how to pass it to the players. The demo doesn't have an option to see the controls (really dumb, that is EA for you) but it is very promising from what I have played. Hey gtaplayer, you rootin for any teams in the Euros? Im goin for England and Sweden agian, ofcourse.

ARONO129
11-03-2002, 11:50 AM
I wonder if you have to keep tapping a button or trigger to run of if you can just hold it down. Anyone know?

Yankeez
11-03-2002, 12:02 PM
to turbo u mean?? ya for turbo u have to keep tapping

ARONO129
11-03-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez
to turbo u mean?? ya for turbo u have to keep tapping

Sorry. I meant turbo.

MerimacHamwich
11-03-2002, 02:18 PM
It isn't turbo, it is sprint. The rest of the time your guys are running/jogging then you tap e (on the keyboard for pc version) consecutively and it makes your highlighted character run.

stilly
11-04-2002, 09:04 AM
bought fifa 2003 on friday, played it all over the weekend, and it is brilliant. was not expecting much to be honest, i needed a footie game, and bought it thinking if it's cack ill trade it in for deathrow instead. but after a few games thought wow, after a few tweaks (turning the speed to slow, cause it's to fast on normal, not in can't play way, but in the players running, like they are on ice, like rapid way) , every thing is good, passing feels like passing, through balls work, shootings good, the goalies are hard to beat, unlike before , all the improvements are vast ones, unlike another fifa thats gone before it. in fact it's more like iss 98 then iss2 was. no more ropey burning effects when you lash a decent shot in, no more ropey turbo runing, you use the right analogue stick for knock ons, and step overs etc, which takes some getting use to, but once mastered, turning a defender then scoring a blinder is one feeling you grow to love. as always the commentors become repetitive,(i've turned mine off, sick to death of hearing that nistelrooy scored 30 goals in his first season) which is one niggle, but the crowds chant your teams anthems, i scored a hatrick with paul scholes, and was amazed to hear the crowd singing, "HE SCORES GOALS, PAUL SCHOLES, HE SCORES GOALS" amazing. after what seems like ages our wait for a decent footie game is well and truly over, ea have done them selves proud at long last. if you love footie, you'll love this.

XBX_Junior_XBX
11-04-2002, 05:12 PM
Stilly

Is that the xbox version or the pc version that you are talking about?

MerimacHamwich
11-04-2002, 05:14 PM
They are the same so it shouldn't matter.

Dark Enemy
11-04-2002, 06:01 PM
what features does this game have that fifa world cup2002 didnt have.

MerimacHamwich
11-04-2002, 06:13 PM
Tons of other things. Go to the EA (www.ea.com) website. It will tell you everything you want. It has just about every national and domestic football team you can think of as well as almost all of their players respective names. It has better ball control and better animations. Superior graphics. No cheesy fire trail on the ball. Real team and stadium fan's chants. New set plays. Oh, just bunldes of joy of new stuff. I cannot wait to play the full version. I think I will buy it on xbox in a few weeks and download the full version off of Kazaa or something.

Dark Enemy
11-04-2002, 06:40 PM
thanx for the link but is the passing like the passing in fifa worldcup2002

Dark Enemy
11-04-2002, 06:43 PM
and how much do u think i can get from gamestop for fifa world cup2002

MerimacHamwich
11-04-2002, 09:37 PM
I would say the passing is better than world cup but I never played world cup much. I pretty much just play fifa 2002. World cup didn't have the things I wanted. Not sure how much you'd get from gamestop. You can download the demo of fifa 2003 from www.Gamesdomain (www.gamesdomain.com) .com . I am pretty sure it will run on almost any system. Fifa 2002 works on my old Pentium 2 266 with a voodoo banshee. I haven't tried fifa 2003 on it yet though. I might go try it right now as a matter of fact. I played it on a 1.3ghz with 256 ddr ram and an ATI Radeon 8500 le 128 mb card. It ran perfectly and looked beuatiful. Well anyhow, off to download the demo while I take a chem quiz.

MerimacHamwich
11-04-2002, 10:03 PM
Well it won't work. Here is the readme for the people who don't want to download only to find it won't work.

<quote>READ ME
FIFA FOOTBALL 2003 DEMO
09/30/02

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. System Requirements

2. Installing the Game Using "Autorun"
a) Installing FIFA FOOTBALL 2003 DEMO
b) Minimum hard drive space required
c) If your "Autorun" feature is disabled

3. DirectX 8.1
a.) DirectX and supported hardware

4. Uninstalling FIFA FOOTBALL 2003

5. Memory requirements
a.) Memory requirements in Windows
b.) Running the game under stressful Windows conditions

6. Keyboard Controller Mappings

7. Notes on Video Card chipsets

8. Notes on Video Card Support

9. Notes on Sound and Video Cards
a.) Problems with the NVIDIA RIVA TNT Chipsets
b.) Problems with the KYRO Chipsets
c.) Problems with GeForce2, DX8.1 and WinXP
d.) Video Cards NOT supported by FIFA FOOTBALL 2003 DEMO

10. Notes on Windows

11. Data verification date

12. Software Warranty

=============================================================
1.System Requirements
=============================================================

Minimum:
350 MHz CPU
64 Megabytes of RAM (128 MB for Windows XP)
DirectX 8.1 Compatible 3D accelerated 16 MB video card or equivalent with HW-T&L (Hardware Transform & Lighting) and 24-bit z-buffer
250 MB free hard disk space
(additional space required for Windows swap-file and DirectX 8.1 installation)
4X Speed CD-ROM/DVD-ROM
DirectX 8.1 Compatible Sound Card
MS compatible mouse
Keyboard

Recommended:
750 MHz CPU
128 Megabytes of RAM
DirectX 8.1 Compatible 3D accelerated 32 MB video card or equivalent with HW-T&L (Hardware Transform & Lighting) and 24-bit z-buffer
250 MB free hard disk space
(additional space required for Windows swap-file and
DirectX 8.1 installation)
4X Speed CD-ROM/DVD-ROM
DirectX 8.1 Compatible Sound Card
MS compatible mouse
Keyboard

Required Operating Systems:
Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows XP or Windows 2000
Note that Windows 95 is not supported.

2. Installing the Game Using "Autorun"

a) Installing FIFA FOOTBALL 2003 DEMO

The "Typical User" install (default setting) will install FIFA FOOTBALL 2003 DEMO to C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\FIFA 2003 Demo (where "C:\" is the drive that your current operating system is located).

If for some reason your "Autorun" feature is disabled, you can install the program by running AUTORUN.EXE directly from the root directory of the CD.

Note: Manually performing a second FIFA FOOTBALL 2003 DEMO install before uninstalling the original game files is not recommended. More specifically, installing into the same location twice can cause the game to malfunction. To avoid problems, the "Autorun" feature should be used for all installs and uninstalls.

3. DirectX 8.1

DirectX 8.1 is needed for the Game. DirectX 8.1 can be found on the microsoft website.

a.) DirectX and supported hardware
We recommend that FIFA FOOTBALL 2003 DEMO be run with DirectX8.1 compatible sound cards and video cards. While there is a good chance that FIFA FOOTBALL 2003 DEMO will run with non-DirectX compatible hardware, you may find that:

i) Sound quality suffers.
ii) The game runs slightly slower.
iii) The game does not run at all.

If your sound card or video card does not support DirectX8.1, please contact your vendor. We also suggest you update your sound card and video card driver to the newest release from the vender or chipset website.

4. Uninstalling FIFA FOOTBALL 2003 DEMO

The simplest method of uninstalling FIFA FOOTBALL 2003 DEMO is to use "Uninstall FIFA 2003 DEMO" shortcut in the Start Menu (usually "Start Menu/Programs/EA Sports/Uninstall FIFA 2003").

Windows also has an "Add/Remove Programs" Icon in the Control Panel that you can use to uninstall the game.

5. Memory Requirements

a.) Memory requirements in Windows
FIFA FOOTBALL 2003 DEMO requires a minimum of 64 MB of RAM to run. If there is more memory available, you will experience better game performance in all areas.

Note: Windows 2000 requires 64MB of RAM to run and Windows XP requires 128MB of RAM to run.

b.) Running the game under stressful Windows conditions
At Electronic Arts we strive to bring you the best in graphics, audio and gameplay. We are always pushing the envelope of computer performance. While we have made every effort to ensure that FIFA FOOTBALL 2003 DEMO multi-tasks with all Windows applications, we recommend that you shut down other applications (including virus scanners) and run FIFA FOOTBALL 2003 DEMO by itself when possible.

6. Keyboard Controller Mappings

ESC - Pause Menu

Attacking Possession:
Arrow Keys - Player Movement/Trapping Direction
Shift + Arrow Keys - EA Freestyle Control/Freekick Curve Control
A - Lob pass/Chip Shot
S - Smart Pass
D - Shoot
W - Through Ball/Header
Q - Trigger Player Run
E - Sprint (HOLD)

Defending:
Arrow Keys - Player Movement
A - Slide Tackle
S - Switch Player
D - Mark/Conservative Tackle
W - Goalie Charge/Header
E - Sprint (HOLD)

NOTE: the FIFA FOOTBALL 2003 DEMO is best played using a dual-stick analog controller. The functionality described here is mapped in a similar fashion on these controllers.

7. Notes on Video Card Chipsets

If you are experiencing problems with your video card and FIFA FOOTBALL 2003 DEMO, try updating your video card driver by downloading the latest driver available from the video card manufacturer. If there is no improvement, try using the latest driver provided by the video chipset manufacturer. Your video card chipset is the video processing chip located on your video card. If there is no information in your video card manual or website, check the video card for an identifying chip with the chipset manufacturer's name on it. Some popular video chipset manufacturer's websites are listed below:

NVIDIA http://www.NVIDIA.com/
3DLabs http://www.3dlabs.com/
Matrox http://www.matrox.com/
Intel http://www.intel.com/
ATI http://www.ati.com/
S3 http://www.s3graphics.com/
3Dfx http://www.3dfx.com/ (http://voodoofiles.com)

8. Notes on Video Card Support

Recommended Chipsets
* ATI Radeon Series, Matrox G550, NVIDIA GeForce2, NVIDIA GeForce2 MX, NVIDIA GeForce3, and the Nvidia GeForce4.

Other Supported Chipsets
* 3D graphics accelerator using NVIDIA Quadro, NVIDIA Riva TNT, NVIDIA Riva TNT2 (Ultra), Matrox G400, Matrox G450, KYRO, KYRO II, KYRO III.

If you experience problems, please contact your card manufacturer or chipset vendor to get the latest drivers.

9. Notes on Sound and Video Cards

a.) Problems with the NVIDIA RIVA TNT
For Windows 98/ME/2000/ and XP users:
This card is only supported using Nvidia Detonator drivers Version 28.32.

b.) Problems with the KYRO Chipsets
In 640x480 the Pause menu overlay will appear to be missing part of the background. To fix this issue, set the resolution to 800x600 or higher. This will not affect game play in any way.

c.) Problems with GeForce2, DX8.1 and WinXP
The use of Alt-Tab is not recommended under this configuration. During configuration testing, the available versions of DX8.1 and GeForce2 drivers did not support Alt-Tab functionality. Updates are expected for DX8.1 and/or the GeForce2 drivers.

d.) Video Cards NOT supported by FIFA FOOTBALL 2003 DEMO
3Dfx Voodoo 1
3Dfx Voodoo Rush
3Dfx Voodoo Banshee
Hercules Thriller 3D
Diamond Stealth II
Number Nine Revolution IV
ATI Rage II
Chromatic Mpact 2
S3 Virge
S3 Virge VX
S3 Virge DX/GX
S3 Trio 3D
ATI 3D Rage Pro
Voodoo 2
Voodoo 3
NVIDIA Riva 128
Intel i740
Rendition Verite V2x00
S3 Savage 3D
S3 Savage 4
S3 Savage 2000
3D Labs Permedia2

10. Notes on Windows

FIFA FOOTBALL 2003 DEMO supports Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME and Windows XP.

*NOTE - To install the game properly on Windows 2000/Windows XP, you will need administrator access to your machine. Consult your Windows 2000/Windows XP documentation for more information.

Known problems with Windows 2000/Windows XP:

During testing, some video cards experienced problems due to driver incompatibility issues. Check your 3D card manufacturer's web site to obtain updated Windows 2000 or Windows XP drivers.
</quote>

I FINALLY FOUND OUT THE CONTROLS! Time to download it on my brothers computer again, so I can play it. It is times like this I wish I had my own good computer.

stilly
11-05-2002, 04:54 AM
i'm on about the xbox version, don't even mention fifa world cup, had that, after about 2 hours, thought this is pants, stupid red trails, and scoring from anywhere. bought 1ss2, and thought it was better, but still lacking in most areas. fifa 2003 is the only decent game of footie for xbox, believe me it'll blow you away if you've played another of the others, no it ain't as good as pro evoultion, nothin is, but for now, on the xbox we have got a serious contender. looks like e.a have been playin pro ev, and thought, christ lets try and make a decent , playable game, and because they have the proper names n ****, the end result is a must. if you really like footie that is. forget what fifa has done before, whether on pc, ps2, whatever. the season starts here, about 'kin time aswell.

Leviathon
11-05-2002, 09:15 AM
I can't wait....

World cup was a dissapointment is many ways...

Lack of teams...
Create-a-player
Create-a-Team
Practice
Practice PK's

Hopefully 2003 will be the game...

MerimacHamwich
11-05-2002, 03:21 PM
There is something you guys need to realise about Fifa World Cup. It was released as a kind of "souvineir" for the world cup. It was not meant to be a super sim. That is why they released FIFA 2002. 2003 was just out there for casual fans who wanted a game that they could play and have real fun with. Arcade like. If you want to compare FIFA games compare 2002 and 2003. They are meant to be the sim type games.

Anyhow, FIFA 2003 will have everything you guys want. Including, create character/team and practice and tourny modes and everything. Just like 2002 had. Don't worry, it will deliver. I have always been stoked on the FIFA games.

stilly
11-06-2002, 04:37 AM
wait a moment, you can't make players up, or create teams, you can transfer ones from other teams, there's no practise mode, but none of it matters, what you do get is a very good footie sim, with loads of teams, all with proper names. i know i've got it.

ARONO129
11-06-2002, 05:53 AM
I love a good game of footsie.

XBX_Junior_XBX
11-06-2002, 07:04 PM
OH well now I can announce that I am the happiest man on earth. I just got FIFA 2003 for the xbox. Didn't open the game yet because it was a gift for my brother. I am really pieced because he still hasn't got at home yet, but just by looking at the cover of the game, I begin to have chills!!! : P. I am going to be playing this game the whole week non stop, since i am sick ,i don't have to go to school. Now if you guys allow me i will be in my room concetrating on the game, because when my brother gets home, everything is going to be ready and setted for us to play the game!!! : P

thebruce
11-07-2002, 06:46 AM
Personally I hated it, and took it back after 2 days.

I loved world cup 2002, with the freedom it gave you... and 2k3 just seems to take it all away.

You can't curve the ball when shooting,your players just shoot on their own, and do other random things without you doing anything.

If they had improved world cup 2002 by improving AI, adding a few more modelled players, giving us club teams AND ALLOWING US TO SAVE REPLAYS I would be a happy man, but NOOOO.

And the replay thing, EA GET A CLUE AND LET US SAVE FEAKING REPLAYS.

MerimacHamwich
11-07-2002, 11:25 AM
You can save replays in 2002. That and in 2003 you curl the ball with shift on the keyboard. The same button you use to do dekes lets you curl the ball on a set play. To deke on pc you need to hold down shift and then you use the arrow keys that normally make your guy move. Did you read the full controls in the booklet?

Leviathon
11-07-2002, 01:55 PM
My friend was just reading this review of FIFA 2003 when I called him, and he said that it was live compatable.... The guy at the end of the review said, See ya on LIVE.... Is this in fact the truth...

MerimacHamwich
11-07-2002, 03:42 PM
I dobt it seeing as EA made it. You never know though. I am going to try and rent it this weekend.

ARONO129
11-08-2002, 10:44 PM
I just bought FIFA 2003 for the Xbox. I didn't read the instructions yet but I don't see create a team or create a player in there. Or Canada in the international teams.

On the plus side the game plays well and I like the commentary. The graphics are beautiful and the camera angles are good too.

MerimacHamwich
11-08-2002, 10:58 PM
Coo. That sucks on the no create a character or create a team though. Crappy EA.

gtaplayer
11-09-2002, 11:26 AM
yea i also just got fifa last night, and i wanna know how do i use the freestyle controller, i move around the right thumbstick, but it puts the ball ahead of me, how do i get it 2 work?

stilly
11-11-2002, 07:36 AM
depends on the player you are using, when using it, mostly with a striker it does what ya said, boots it in front. you can choose the direction though, so it ain't always in front. some players, the better ones, can do step overs etc, i know veron does a little shimmy turn thing, which is cool, master knocking the ball into space with it, i use it instead of sprint sometimes. i've only played as utd, so don't know what players do what, but the best/famous ones are bound to have there own moves.