PDA

View Full Version : !!!Official Splinter Cell Thread [NEW]!!!

XBX_Junior_XBX
11-01-2002, 11:48 PM
Post your impressions and hopes for the game!!! : P

My first impressions when I played the demo---> I was shocked, awesome graphics and gameplay. I hope that I don't find any bugs or laggies on the game. If everything goes well I think that we will just have the best game of the world which I think in my opnion, not even Metal Gear Solid Substance will stand a chance!!! : P

So now tell me what you all think??

Highlite23
11-02-2002, 09:05 AM
I can't get enough of the Demo, all the gadgets are cool, and if it's true that you may be able to download new levels, weapons, etc...to Sam's Palm, this game will be killer.

For those of you who will ask, the rumor about the downloads is in this months OXM, I guess there is a "Download" option on the Interface, that didn't apply to game itself.:D

Tinny
11-02-2002, 11:43 AM
I was really excited about getting the demo yesterday. When I first got to the shops I didn't see the OXM mag (only a blank space) and I was worried that it sold out. Taking my doubts aside, I went around the shops to see if the new S-Type controller is out. It was. I buy that, then go back to check on the OXM mag. Ah, the guy is putting the mags on the shelf now and I am literally the first person to grab it. Feeling overwhelmingly pleased with myself, I went home.

Demo loads. Cheap OXM startup. Select Games. Select Splinter Cell. Loading up. Oooh secret agent feel, nice. Damn, phone rings. Answer phone. Get back to game. Start.

First thought: WTF?

Second thought: Oh. It's over there.

(I was expecting some big lighting effect to come out of my screen instantly)

I move (suprisingly easily) to the gate and stare at the awesome, and certainly the best lighting effects in video gaming history. Turn around... shadows... moths? Wow. I use the camera to it's fullest and run around the little area for God-knows how long. How do I jump? I press the Y button. Hmm, realistic enough. I press Y and then press it again in mid air. Wow. A wannabe Jackie Chan eh? I go to the dustbin (did I mention how smooth the controls are?) and a help point pops on my screen. Press A to interect. Object. OK. Pressed A. He picks up a can. I press X. Aim. hehe. Now how do I throw? I pull the trigger. Nice. Oooh, sounds is awesome. I play around with the cans (trying to hit the Moths) for a bit longer before I actually start moving on.

^^^ First impressions. To be honest with you guys Splinter Cell didn't "Wow" me the same way Halo did. I actually got bored of the mission after several times completeing it on the first day. Today I decided to "experiment" and I must say, I am a fool to think this game was pretty shallow. I can complete this game without having to kill or knock out a single person. I can do it without being seen and oh yeah: I just discovered how to forward roll a few hours ago. And the great thing is, it's not as fustrating as Hitman!

Hopes:

- Tweak enemy A.I. I know I am being picky but most of the time, the A.I. in this game is awesome. Sometimes however... they are morons. Maybe it adds to the unpredictability of the game, I don't know, but I do want a bit more intelligence exhibited.

- Proper realism in getting shot. Sure this is much more realistic then MGS, but it's not Tom Clancy realistic. Then again, I've only played the demo and it probably was a set difficulty setting... but for a Tom Clancy game, a health bar is blasphemous. I want to die when I get shot once/twice, not after 5-8 shots. The same applies with the bad guys: 2/3 shots for the body not 5.

- Graphics. I can hear the "WTFs" now. It just needs a bit of polishing. The shadows are blocky at close range and there are still glitches that needs to be wiped out. Again, I know this is a Tom Clancy game so I shouldn't expect that much of texture detail as seen in Halo but it would be nice to see something similiar.

- Replay value. Again, I know I'm talking about the demo (and this opinion will most likely be changed when I get the game) so I wouldn't really know. I do, however, have my suspicions that this game won't have a massive replay value. I'm guessing the replay value will be the equivilant of MGS2: SoL so it will not be as replayable as Substance. Oh and I do know you will be able to d/l stuff for this game from XBL but I live in the UK (we get XBL at March) so I need to to last me more than 3 months.

- Equipment. Alright, I'm asking too much! lol, if only they gave us a demo where you can use a bit more equipment. I really want to use the sticky cam! Ahwell, I will get them in the full game. Hopefully every equipment is as good as the ones in the demo.

kevgt2000
11-02-2002, 12:38 PM
http://forums.teamxbox.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=1615689

EphMune
11-03-2002, 07:28 PM
I have heard that the demo is 5 min. long, 10 min. long, and 20 min. long. Which is it? and also, i hope that this is not the "whole" first level because that is way to short. I read somewhere that it was "the third part of the first level' and i hope this is true. i also heard that the level in the demo doesnt even exist in the real game and was just created for the demo. does anybody know if any of this is true, because i am pumped about this game and i want it to be long, real long! thanks in advance