PDA

View Full Version : COMPUSA.com DONT trust them

skin
11-15-2001, 10:08 AM
I ordered back in September, because I wanted to make sure I had a xbox. I had ordered games from Compusa before and there was no problems, other than receiving my shipment 5 days late. So I preordered xbox from COMPUSA thinking that I could trust them to deliver the goods on Nov. 15, 2001. So i checked this morning to make sure my order was shipped, and the words CANCELLED were next to my order. I ****(sorry) !! I grabbed the phone and called customer service, but it wasn't open for another 2 hours AHHHH!! The site said orders will be processed at the time of shipping. The guy in customer service at COMPUSA.com said they tried to process my order on the 9th of November ( Did Bill change the release date?) , then he tried to tell me that they emailed me about the problem with my credit card, but oddly enough I never received any email from them regarding any kind of problem with my order. I thought the email thing was a bit much since yesterday I purchased DARK SUMMIT from COMPUSA.com with the same credit card that he was trying to tell me was declined and I also received a confirmation email of that order. So I asked him to run my card while I was on the phone , because I knew it would go through, but today at 8:01a.m. the release day of xbox, he said it was too late to process my order. I could not beleive what I was hearing, considering I spent close to $1000 on my order. So while I was on the phone with the COMPUSA.com customer service guy, I logged on to KBToys at 8:08a.m. and bought my XBOX from them with the same credit card that was mysteriously declined at COMPUSA .com. The only downer is I won't be playing mine this weekend like all of the rest of you, THANKS TO COMPUSA.com I won't have THE BOX until the 20th. So a word of warning about COMPUSA,com, Don't put any faith in them to deliver the goods on time or at all!! I don't think they deserve to have USA in their name.

CharlesDD2
11-15-2001, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by skin
I ordered back in September, because I wanted to make sure I had a xbox. I had ordered games from Compusa before and there was no problems, other than receiving my shipment 5 days late. So I preordered xbox from COMPUSA thinking that I could trust them to deliver the goods on Nov. 15, 2001. So i checked this morning to make sure my order was shipped, and the words CANCELLED were next to my order. I ****(sorry) !! I grabbed the phone and called customer service, but it wasn't open for another 2 hours AHHHH!! The site said orders will be processed at the time of shipping. The guy in customer service at COMPUSA.com said they tried to process my order on the 9th of November ( Did Bill change the release date?) , then he tried to tell me that they emailed me about the problem with my credit card, but oddly enough I never received any email from them regarding any kind of problem with my order. I thought the email thing was a bit much since yesterday I purchased DARK SUMMIT from COMPUSA.com with the same credit card that he was trying to tell me was declined and I also received a confirmation email of that order. So I asked him to run my card while I was on the phone , because I knew it would go through, but today at 8:01a.m. the release day of xbox, he said it was too late to process my order. I could not beleive what I was hearing, considering I spent close to $1000 on my order. So while I was on the phone with the COMPUSA.com customer service guy, I logged on to KBToys at 8:08a.m. and bought my XBOX from them with the same credit card that was mysteriously declined at COMPUSA .com. The only downer is I won't be playing mine this weekend like all of the rest of you, THANKS TO COMPUSA.com I won't have THE BOX until the 20th. So a word of warning about COMPUSA,com, Don't put any faith in them to deliver the goods on time or at all!! I don't think they deserve to have USA in their name.

Man, that's the second story like that I've read on here, I swear some of the online methods are so backdoor, backdoor meaning "you'll get your games when we feel like sending it" which is total BS, I ordered mine online..........and I'm STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL waiting. Well sorry to hear that about you not getting your system til the 20th, mine might turn out to be the same way..........:(

Phiresun
11-15-2001, 10:52 AM
That is too bad, I ordered from EBgames.com in Sept. I also ordered NFL Fever seperately. I got my NFL Fever within two days, and looking at my UPS tracking my XBox is on its way to be delivered right now. I think this says a lot for EB because I only opted for two day service, and I am still getting it on the 15th. I feel bad that not all online ordering is doing the same service.

skin
11-15-2001, 10:42 PM
I just wanted to update everyone, KBTOYS Will NOT be shipping until the 7th of January. So needless to say I canceled my order with KBTOYS and found it at D-N-B CO. for $499.00. I ordered it, and am waiting to hear from them about when I should be receiving it. Has anyone else ordered from D-N-B CO.? MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED!

Azimiza-XBA
11-15-2001, 10:47 PM
My mom doesn't trust online shopping PERIOD. She thinks some hacker will just go online and change the shipping address of the order to their home and that I won't get my Xbox. She's probably right, there's still that risk and ya never really know. Overall, I wouldn't do shopping online because it's just easier getting your ass to the store and paying with cash out of your bank than going through all that customer service and credit card and email deal, in my opinion anyway.

CharlesDD2
11-16-2001, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by skin
I just wanted to update everyone, KBTOYS Will NOT be shipping until the 7th of January. So needless to say I canceled my order with KBTOYS and found it at D-N-B CO. for $499.00. I ordered it, and am waiting to hear from them about when I should be receiving it. Has anyone else ordered from D-N-B CO.? MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED!

D-N-B CO. ?