PDA

View Full Version : I won a free xbox!

OZlancerlunitic
11-03-2002, 10:30 AM
Hello everyone,

My first post on the forums. Last week I won a free xbox from www.readysetgamer.com. Been considering putting it into my car but i'm not sure yet. It came with no games, only 1 controller.

What are the first mods that I should buy for it? First game is going to be Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2.

Anyway, hope I enjoy the forums,

Mark

carlbme
11-03-2002, 11:04 AM
Don't worry with the mods.

But check out Live when it comes out on the 15th.

And why you getting such a subpar game?

OZlancerlunitic
11-03-2002, 11:11 AM
subpar game? Im not in it for the graphics, i like the racing style play. Gonna check out Toe Jam and Earl when I get the cash, my all time favorite game for sega.

Zion
11-03-2002, 11:17 AM
Congrats on winning an Xbox! You are now the proud owner of the best gaming console on the planet.

But, why would you want to buy any mods??

If you have not already bought Need For Speed, I would hold off on it. There are better games out there in Burnout, Project Gotham Racing, Sega GT, and Moto GP. Need For Speed is okay, but I say hold off becuase it will probably be discounted pretty soon because the Xbox and Gamecube versions are pretty sorry compared to the PS2 version and they will be looking to unload them because it's not selling.

OZlancerlunitic
11-03-2002, 11:31 AM
never said i dont want to buy any mods....which would i get though? i have played need for speed and i like it alot....especially compared to project gotham. It may not be as good but its more of my playing style....

still no clue what this xbox live thing is.

pounder
11-03-2002, 11:50 AM
i run my xbox in my car..its set up so i can also use it in the house..i can't afford 2 of them lol..things you have to watch out for..the xbox has no ground isolation, so i ended up with a really bad ground loop..if you run into any problems let me know..i can walk you through it..its a great thing to have it in the car ;)
http://members.sounddomain.com/pounder page 10

l Maximus l
11-03-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by OZlancerlunitic

still no clue what this xbox live thing is.

XBox Live is the name of Microsoft's on-line network dedicated to the XBox. On the 15th of November, people from around the globe will be able to play with or against eachother just as if a person in another state or country was sitting next to you in a couch.

For $49.99, it includes an extended demo of Whacked and MotoGP, plus a voice communicator (head set) to talk via your voice to other people (instead of chatting via typing), and one full year of unlimited access to this multi-billion dollar network.

It launches to the entire public on November 15th! Be there!!

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-03-2002, 04:22 PM
Coolness!!!......the xbox is great system, i hope you have a great time playing it.........check out project gotham..(way cool racing game) and the new sega gt... Halo and Dead or alive 3 are still fan favorites:)