PDA

View Full Version : no Sega on the XBOX?

Afro Aura
11-03-2002, 05:27 PM
Just been on The Magic Box and in the XBOX forum, I found this quote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UltimategameZ:
According to IGN's Japanese correspondant, SEGA might stop future game development on the XBOX console.

"...the Japanese software houses are not happy with the sales and hype for the Xbox because there are neither for the system. I would say that there will not be much Xbox development in the future from Japanese houses.

And by the way, I have heard some bad rumors regarding Xbox and, in particular, future SEGA for it."

Could this mean more Gamecube Exclusives?

More as it breaks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think is all a pack of shyte, what do you think?

Sartis
11-03-2002, 05:35 PM
I highly doubt sega is going to stop producing for the Xbox, They just had the Sega Xbox bundle come out that is selling alot now, then there is Panzer Dragoon Orta coming out that will also bring some of hte japanese public into the Xbox ring.

Honestly just sounds like someone is making up stories.

Remember Xbox Live is coming out in a few weeks, it will bring ALOT of people to the Xbox community with the games that are coming out for it alone. Sounds like someone is just trying to pop the Xbox bubble. Honestly pulling out of Xbox right now as one of the major selling points is 2 weeks away that will keep it going strong for years is well rather silly.

SPARTAN VI
11-03-2002, 06:11 PM
Ehhhhhh, SEGA aint Japanses either. It stands for Service Games for some reason... But I pretty sure that they originated form the U.S. but went to Japan. Don't ask why... I don't know. But I am pretty sure their CEO is (or was) American.

There is no reason they won't make XBOX games, unless somehow, Nintendo or Sony used a mind control device... but that can't be...'cuz only Microsoft can afford to make one...:D :D

D_Darko
11-03-2002, 07:00 PM
SE(rvicing) GA(mes) was started as an arcade machine repair company by an American GI when he was stationed in Japan. The company took off an eventually led to their own game development.

FuNkY mOnK
11-03-2002, 07:12 PM
Sounds like total malarkey. :rolleyes:

Afro Aura
11-03-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Sartis
Honestly pulling out of Xbox right now as one of the major selling points is 2 weeks away that will keep it going strong for years is well rather silly.
Yeah just thinking about it wasn't it Sega that brought consoles into the online state with the DC and I'm sure as hell they would like to do more onlines stuff with this excellent hardware in the XBOX

So yeah, your right mate someones pulling someones leg with these rumors

Zion
11-03-2002, 08:37 PM
It would't surprise me. Sega is pretty much famous for making the stupidest business decisions of any company on the planet.

Bigwig
11-03-2002, 08:40 PM
If anything MS will buy Sega. They have been in bed for a while

MerimacHamwich
11-03-2002, 10:00 PM
I could really care less if Sega develops for the xbox. I have yet to be interested in any games they are putting out. Sega just seems sub par to me. Kinda like Nintendo, Rockstar, Sony and all of those other overhyped companies

kachingtensor
11-04-2002, 08:51 AM
"the magic-box [dot] com" information about Xbox and such rumours as this is not to be trusted. The creeps at that site do not like Xbox. They do not care how much they hurt Xbox gamers, and they are just *******ed bought and paid for when it comes to their anti-Xbox bias.

:mad:

Dre
11-04-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Sega just seems sub par to me. Kinda like Nintendo, Rockstar, Sony and all of those other overhyped companies

Ya.. I can see where you are coming from.. you know... if you like to play Britney's Dance Beat and stuff.. :> j/k

Overhyped though? I think not.. the companies you've mentioned have all proven themselves time and again that they can make killer titles and I think thats reason enough for the "anticipation" you might call hype. There is a reason that games like Metroid Prime and Vice City will be all sold out. Its not because the originals were over-hyped, its because they were games that were alot of fun to alot of people.

On Xbox, I own Shenmue 2 and NFL 2k3 from Sega and they are both amazing titles imo. Sure they could squeeze more juice from the Xbox but so could 100's of other games. Sega is actually starting to get pretty comfy with the Xbox hardware as can be seen from the Panzer Dragoon vids.

l Maximus l
11-04-2002, 03:01 PM
XBox has been declared by many 3rd party developers as a very easy console to make games for. The PoS2, by contrast, is one of the most difficult consoles to create games for.

I believe Sartis said it best. The XBox bundle currently being sold that boasts two hot Sega titles is selling very well and Microsoft and Sega put together this huge deal to increase the attraction to the XBox for consumers. I would say that Microsoft and Sega have one of the best strategic partnerships together, especially comparing to the relationships between Sega and Sony / Sega and Nintendo.