PDA

View Full Version : Dolby Digital 5.1 Isn't Working!!! Help!!!

Pimpn419
11-15-2001, 12:51 PM
Hi Guys...

I'm pretty sure I have everything hooked up right and set up right but the Dolby Digital 5.1 Isn't working! I set the xbox up for Dolby Digital 5.1 and turned my reciever on to Cd (because I've got the Digital Optical Calbe hooked up to my "Digital 2 (CD)" input but when I press the "INPUT DIGITAL" button for (Auto) which Is the digital signal indicater.. but "LINEAR PCM" Is highlighted instead of the "Dobly Digital" button which should be highlighted.

I've got the Advanced AV Pack with the Digital Optical Cable hooked up going to my "Digital 2 (CD)" input In the back of my reciever. I've also got the left and right audio's hooked up to the Advanced Av Pack which hooked up to the back of my TV.. and same goes for the S-Video cable. Everything should be hooked up right.. Why Isn't the Dolby Digital 5.1 being recognized??? What do I need to do to fix It where the Dolby Digital 5.1 will work? What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

-Matt

scarecrow kfj
11-15-2001, 01:23 PM
well try switching from two to one. it will give you a chance to see where you need to start. if neither works it is from the cord back maybe to the system if it works on one than it is in the reciever.

Hugh_Jass
11-15-2001, 03:23 PM
Maybe your reciever interprets "CD" as a stereo signal only. Try the optical cable on your other input on the receiver.

Pimpn419
11-15-2001, 03:41 PM
There Is only one Digital Optical Input In the back of my reciever.. and right beside the input Is the words "Digital 2 (CD)". In my booklet that came w/ the reciever It says something about switching the "Digital In".. like I press the "setting" button until "Digital In" appears.. then I can switch the Digital around. Like right there It's DVD In Digital 1 and CD In Digital 2. Should I try switching the settings around where CD Is 1 and DVD Is 2?

There are different settings like: 1 DVD 2 CD, 1 DVD 2 CD, 1 DVD 2 CDR; then 1 CD 2 DVD, 1 CD 2 TV, 1 CD 2 CDR; then 1 CDR 2 DVD, 1 CDR 2 CD, and 1 CDR 2 TV. I don't know If that'll help anyone or not.. but I added It just In case.

-Matt

Pimpn419
11-15-2001, 04:01 PM
All right.. I've tried almost everything I can think of! I unhooked the left and right audio cables from the TV and from the Advanced AV Pack and tried seeing If though would kick the Dolby Digital into action. Nothing happend.. same s*** as before!

Then I tried using the "Digital Input" button to switch the Digital 1 and 2 around so that the Cd was now Digital one and the DVD was then Digital 2.. then I set the reciever to DVD mode and still.. Nothing! I tried messing with the "Digital Input" button awhile seeing If It might work set as TV, Cd, or DVD.. but nothing worked... I'm running out of options.. What am I doing wrong and what can I do?

Could the Digital Optical Cable be busted???

Thanks again,

-Matt

scarecrow kfj
11-15-2001, 04:11 PM
could very well be busted.. they can be fragil. what kind did you get?

Pimpn419
11-15-2001, 11:48 PM
I got a 6-Foot (1.82m) Fiber Optic Audio/Video Cable...

Is there anyway to plug the wrong end into the wrong slot??? I thought It didn't matter which end you plugged In where.. just as long as they went In the right slots.. I don't know, I can't think of anything else to do!

-Matt

Pimpn419
11-17-2001, 09:03 PM
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you guys know I finally got the Dolby Digital 5.1 to work. Hhhhoooorrrraaayyyyy!!!! I can't even begin to describe the difference In sound... I'm so happy. I've got the Advanced AV Pack with the S-Video (kick @$$) and now I just got the Dobly Digital 5.1 to work!!!

Thanks for all the help,

-Matt

BlaZeR2
11-17-2001, 09:53 PM
what did you do to get it working right?

Just curious

BlaZeR2

Wolf1171
11-18-2001, 08:35 AM
Please post the problems you had in getting 5.1 to work, so that when I am ready to hook up on Xmas day I am prepared.

Thanks!