PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue3?

Knight
11-03-2002, 09:13 PM
Will there be a 3rd one or will the 2nd be the last?

VenoM
11-03-2002, 09:25 PM
guess ya havnt beat 2 yet....yea there will be a 3rd chapter which i believe is the final chapter

Knight
11-03-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
guess ya havnt beat 2 yet....yea there will be a 3rd chapter which i believe is the final chapter

I hope the 3rd one makes full uses of the Hardware!

Shadow20002
11-03-2002, 09:30 PM
The third installment is coming...but about 2006 i think !!! Maybe on the Xbox 2. ;)

MerimacHamwich
11-03-2002, 09:48 PM
Shenmue 2 was on Dreamcast. It is a Sega game. What do these things mean? 1, it was ported to xbox. 2, ofcourse it looked crappy and wasn't the game it should have been. This is Sega we are talking about. 3 Shenmue 3 will come out and probably wont use the hardwares full capabilities. Whatever that hardware may be.

Knight
11-03-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Shenmue 2 was on Dreamcast. It is a Sega game. What do these things mean? 1, it was ported to xbox. 2, ofcourse it looked crappy and wasn't the game it should have been. This is Sega we are talking about. 3 Shenmue 3 will come out and probably wont use the hardwares full capabilities. Whatever that hardware may be.

Just look at Panzer Dragoon Orta, If Sega trys they can do a good Job of making uses of the Hardware!

MerimacHamwich
11-03-2002, 09:56 PM
Meh, Orta doesn't really look that great to me. It isn't out yet is it? If it is I might rent it to see how sega did. As I have seen it so far though, it seems to be kinda lacking in depth and visuals. I mean sure, it has lots of colors and stuff but I don't think it has bump mapping or any real good graphical effects. Gameplay looks pretty lame to me. Seems like there is a set path you must follow at all times. Other than that you just press the shoot button as much as you can and try and dodge shots at you. THat is my own opinion though. Opinions are based on ones knowledge of the subject. So maybe after the game is released I will change my opinion. Or if someone provides me with valid info to think otherwise.
:)

Kortiz
11-03-2002, 10:34 PM
i was under the impression there were supposed to be 4 installments of Shenmue......reckon my memory could be failing me.

Halo_General
11-04-2002, 07:02 PM
No official number was ever released on how many separate games there would be, all that was ever said was that there would be 16 chapters. The first Shenmue was 1 chapter, Shenmue II is chapters 2-4, so there should be atleast 2 more games (that's assuming there will be anymore). AM2 has already stated that they will only release a Shenmue III if Shenmue II sells well, so if you wanna see a sequel, you'd better support Shenmue II.

FuNkY mOnK
11-04-2002, 07:20 PM
i love shenmue, i think about it all day sometimes. Shenmue is not for everyone, it is a very complex game with a lot of detail, you have to become Ryo and live through his eyes, or this game will not work for you. graphically it is sometimes breathtaking and other times above average. what i would have loved is to go back on the ship and visit my friends, aunt and do-jo in japan.

Liquid Gears
11-04-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Knight
Will there be a 3rd one?

My God!! I hope so!!

Knight
11-05-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

My God!! I hope so!!

Looks like there will be one if sales are good:

http://www.gamesarefun.com/cgi-bin/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1036453924,39297,

xboxgamer142
11-05-2002, 11:31 AM
There will be Shenmue 3 as well as Shenmue 4. Shenmue 1 and 2 made up only about six chapters of the sixteen chaptered-saga. Shenmue 3 will probably appear on Xbox or Xbox 2, I guess around 2005 or 2006. I'm not sure where yet, but it would be cool if it was Vancover, because Ryo Hazuki's sort of girlfried called Nozomi (you'll only know if you've played Shenmue 1 or you watched Shenmue the Movie) moved to Vancover at the end of Shenmue 1.

KNOW THIS: SHENMUE IS A SAGA, WHICH MEANS IT'S NOT A TRILOGY AND IT'S NOT A PREQUEL/SEQUEL!!! THERE WILL BE FOUR OR FIVE GAMES.