PDA

View Full Version : PS2 version of BMX XXX not topless

techie
11-04-2002, 01:39 PM
Just finished reading this:

GLEN COVE, N.Y.--Nov. 4, 2002--The official countdown for the launch of this year's most talked about video games has begun, as AKA Acclaim, a division of Acclaim Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ.SC: AKLM), today announced that its eagerly anticipated release, BMX XXX, will launch on November 15 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. Only this version of the game has been edited to eliminate the topless nudity.

http://www.acclaim.com/company/pressReleases/product/BMXXXXPS2ShipDate.html

DZNUTZ
11-04-2002, 01:47 PM
lol.
score yet another point for xbox vs pspoooo

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-04-2002, 01:54 PM
That game looks funny as hell......i'm not a perv, but i play one on TV...... I'm going to buy it for the shock value alone.....Too bad for the ps2.....long live the xbox!!!

l Maximus l
11-04-2002, 02:54 PM
The PoS2 cannot handle the extra nipplidge polygons ;)

HaloMasterVI
11-04-2002, 03:23 PM
I think it's funny to think about all the 12 year old PS2 owners who had BMXXXX on thier Christmas list trying to be all sneaky...that's hilarious!

btw...link?

Knight
11-04-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

What are you going to do when the BlackThornn the ps2 fanboy comes here's & is rude to you because you don't like the ps2?

ARONO129
11-04-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

If I wanted to see n!pple jaggies I would have stayed married to my ex-wife. And you can quote me on that!

vic2003
11-04-2002, 07:56 PM
( . )( . ) [only on xbox] . lol, they should have something like that on the box.

Uchiha Sasuke
11-04-2002, 09:28 PM
Well i heard the news it sucks but owell i can always get it for the box.Anyways this news is kinda odd.Why would they censor the ps2 version and not the xbox version.Thats the only real thing that gets me.

l Maximus l
11-04-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Knight

What are you going to do when the BlackThornn the ps2 fanboy comes here's & is rude to you because you don't like the ps2?

Dude...I don't think I would care...lol

The Informer
11-04-2002, 09:57 PM
Their not censoring the Xbox or GCN versions. :cool:

Hugh_Jass
11-05-2002, 08:52 AM
That gimmick was just a desperate cry from a game that wouldn't sell one copy without nudity.

If that's the best they can deliver maybe they should look into writing accounting software instead of games.

Leviathon
11-05-2002, 09:10 AM
PS2 might use the censored version as a marketing scheme against Xbox... They may try and state that they are still looking to control what america's youth are watching and playing and that they still care about family values and all that...

You watch... PS2 is going to speak out against the Xbox version...

techie
11-05-2002, 10:13 AM
I believe the request came from Sony to have
the topless mode removed. But if you read the
statement, it sounds as though the unlockable
stripper movies are still there. Weird..

Link: http://www.acclaim.com/company/pres...S2ShipDate.html

sebs
11-05-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Substance Snake
Well i heard the news it sucks but owell i can always get it for the box.Anyways this news is kinda odd.Why would they censor the ps2 version and not the xbox version.Thats the only real thing that gets me.

well, because with xbox you can control the ESRB content, so the parent
knows their kids wont be able to play this game on xbox!!

but you knew that, right?

EHWfedPres
11-05-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Leviathon
PS2 might use the censored version as a marketing scheme against Xbox... They may try and state that they are still looking to control what america's youth are watching and playing and that they still care about family values and all that...

You watch... PS2 is going to speak out against the Xbox version...

Yes, then all those kids are going to play games where you steal cars, shoot cops, pick up prostitutes, sell drugs, rob stores, and advertise for the film studio by showing a huge picture of tìts on the side of a building...what a crock of shyt, Sony.

Bigwig
11-05-2002, 01:08 PM
ya know you can shoot an innocent man in the head and take his money but you cant watch some tits jiggle on a Harley:confused:

HaloMasterVI
11-05-2002, 03:08 PM
The standards for what's acceptable in society is so hypocritical and a$$-backwards...violence, drug sales, and profanity is ok...but you can't show a nipple...what a joke...

I think it's really weird that the GC version is not cencored as well...looks like PS2 has taken the place for the kiddie console! LOFL!

EHWfedPres
11-05-2002, 03:13 PM
I was told by an EB employee that they are allowed to sell mature rated games to anyone, as long as they tell them than it contains blood, violence, etc, whatever. So a 6 year old could go into a store by himself and buy a game where people are getting shot and killed and profanity is being yelled all over, and thats acceptable.

I was wondering...since when is it ok to say shìt as many times as you want to in a PG-13 rated movie, but too much blood is wrong...?

Perhaps they realized that shìt is not a bad word, it's the same thing as crap, turd, poop, poopy, dung, etc...its just a word, what idiot took up the responsibility to decide than a word that has about 15 synonyms is a bad word? That ticks me off so much. Shìt is not a bad word, if it is...then crap is too...because its the same thing.

Kortiz
11-05-2002, 05:32 PM
Japan is gonna go for Xbox version over ps2 version.....Japan peeps like that kind of stuff......but that is just what i hear.....Xbox sales might go up this winter ehh?

symposiumx
11-05-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I was told by an EB employee that they are allowed to sell mature rated games to anyone, as long as they tell them than it contains blood, violence, etc, whatever. So a 6 year old could go into a store by himself and buy a game where people are getting shot and killed and profanity is being yelled all over, and thats acceptable.

I was wondering...since when is it ok to say shìt as many times as you want to in a PG-13 rated movie, but too much blood is wrong...?

Perhaps they realized that shìt is not a bad word, it's the same thing as crap, turd, poop, poopy, dung, etc...its just a word, what idiot took up the responsibility to decide than a word that has about 15 synonyms is a bad word? That ticks me off so much. Shìt is not a bad word, if it is...then crap is too...because its the same thing.

In a lot of ways, the whole thing is kinda silly. For example:

pretty much everyone agrees that the word "F*CK" is a profanity, yet everone on the radio now is saying, "F you!" (in place of "F*CK you!")
so I pose this question to everyone. When does using a certain word or phrase to REPLACE a certain profane word or phrase become meaningless?

what I mean by that is...in that situation, when does saying "F you!" start becoming profane just as actually saing "F*CK you!"

afterall, isn't that what makes a word or phrase profane? The meaning or what it represents?

So if you think about it, basically ANYTHING could be "profane"

I'll just start thinking the word "Profane" is profane. ;)

EHWfedPres
11-05-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx

In a lot of ways, the whole thing is kinda silly. For example:

pretty much everyone agrees that the word "F*CK" is a profanity, yet everone on the radio now is saying, "F you!" (in place of "F*CK you!")
so I pose this question to everyone. When does using a certain word or phrase to REPLACE a certain profane word or phrase become meaningless?

what I mean by that is...in that situation, when does saying "F you!" start becoming profane just as actually saing "F*CK you!"

afterall, isn't that what makes a word or phrase profane? The meaning or what it represents?

So if you think about it, basically ANYTHING could be "profane"

I'll just start thinking the word "Profane" is profane. ;)

But you see, 'ƒuck you' is an insult, shìt is the same exact thing as crap. If you say "I have to take a poo poo", you could simply replace 'poo poo' with 'shìt' and it would mean exactly the same thing.

Only an ignorant moron would think that shìt is a bad word.

symposiumx
11-05-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

But you see, 'ƒuck you' is an insult, shìt is the same exact thing as crap. If you say "I have to take a poo poo", you could simply replace 'poo poo' with 'shìt' and it would mean exactly the same thing.

Only an ignorant moron would think that shìt is a bad word.

well...I agree. I was simply just bringing up a ponderance of mine.

I was laughing at your "i have to take a poo poo". sounds like my retarded uncle Pepe ;)

POD13259
11-05-2002, 08:43 PM
...this has got to be the most interesting off-topic conversation I've ever seen...

Leviathon
11-06-2002, 03:55 PM
A euphanism ( I believe I have it spelled correctly) is replacing a "curse" word with a "slang" term...