PDA

View Full Version : A huge couple of weeks

J Dub
11-04-2002, 05:30 PM
As we all know, there are a huge couple of weeks coming up with tons of games (plus XBox Live) being released. But if you could only buy one game, which would it be? Here's the list.

Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Mechassault
Minority Report: Everybody Runs
NHL 2K3
Serious Sam
Unreal Championship
James Bond 007: NightFire
Splinter Cell
BMX XXX
Ghost Recon

With a limited budget I'm going to be forced to choose one game. Which should it be?

And I know I missed some titles. Don't yell.

Slacker
11-04-2002, 05:42 PM
I would get splinter Cell, only because you can do a mision So many ways, also runners up would be UC , or Serious Sam and if you want some just funny fun get BMX XXX

DZNUTZ
11-04-2002, 05:58 PM
well i can narrow it down to 4 for ya.

splintercell
nhl2k3
unreal
and ghost recon.

i don't even know y u are contiplating serious sam and minority report?:confused:

Dark Enemy
11-04-2002, 05:58 PM
im getting un, mechassault, and mgs :cool:

it depends if ur getting xbox live get either uc or mech. but if ur not getting live get splinter cell or mgs

aircobra
11-04-2002, 06:09 PM
im getting:

Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Mechassault
NHL 2K3
Serious Sam
Unreal Championship
Splinter Cell
BMX XXX
Ghost Recon

PapaSKooT
11-04-2002, 06:16 PM
< will be getting unreal.

ARONO129
11-04-2002, 06:51 PM
I'll be getting FIFA 2003 and\or NHL 2K3. I'm gonna rent 2K3 to see if it's good first though.

FuNkY mOnK
11-04-2002, 07:25 PM
This is a tuff one, you have frag fests mixed in with sports and stealth. get em all thats the only choice you have.

J Dub
11-05-2002, 09:10 PM
Well I'm really torn between UC and NHL 2k3. I'm a huge hockey fan and I've been waiting for a good hockey sim for a while......but on the other hand, we're talking UC, which will probably be the best Xbox Live game at launch.

Ah so confused....

l Maximus l
11-06-2002, 01:20 AM
<------------- I'm getting these games in this order: Unreal Championship, Splinter Cell, and Ghost Recon.

Unreal is a must for me...I want to play XBox Live with this game like you wouldn't believe!!

Splinter Cell simply for innovation and taking the genre to a whole new benchmark. It's not XBox Live capable, but, a must have for me...but, I won't purchase it without checking out and liking the demo disc in OXM #13.

Ghost Recon simply because it's SOCOM done right. In fact, it's everything that SOCOM wanted to be, but, couldn't pull off. Ghost Recon has my money as well, likely in a month or so, though.

J Dub
11-06-2002, 10:29 AM
But Max, isn't Splinter Cell going to be like Hitman or Hitman 2?

Frink
11-06-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
<------------- I'm getting these games in this order: Unreal Championship, Splinter Cell, and Ghost Recon.

Unreal is a must for me...I want to play XBox Live with this game like you wouldn't believe!!

Splinter Cell simply for innovation and taking the genre to a whole new benchmark. It's not XBox Live capable, but, a must have for me...but, I won't purchase it without checking out and liking the demo disc in OXM #13.

Ghost Recon simply because it's SOCOM done right. In fact, it's everything that SOCOM wanted to be, but, couldn't pull off. Ghost Recon has my money as well, likely in a month or so, though. Actually starting 2003 Splinter Cell will be XBL compatible. Not for multiplayer, but rather downloadable extras. Which if they did right, could make the appeal last indefinately.

Also, to answer J Dub's question, Splinter Cell is more like MGS than Hitman.

*edit* I forgot to answer the threads topic. I believe I'm going to pick up Mechassault and UC because I already have the XBL kit.

OppiumNitrates
11-06-2002, 04:57 PM
To answer the topic:

If I had XBL
1 game Unreal Championship
XBL - communicator - Unreal 16 player Mayham . . . . Nuff said

IF I did not have XBL
1 game Splinter Cell
played the demo and if you like a good stelth game this is a must get . . . . lighing and sound taken to a new level
(Note: OXM rated Splinter Cell 9.6 which to refreash the courts memory is .1 above Halo, and now the highest rated game OXM reviewed)

l Maximus l
11-06-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
To answer the topic:

If I had XBL
1 game Unreal Championship
XBL - communicator - Unreal 16 player Mayham . . . . Nuff said

IF I did not have XBL
1 game Splinter Cell
played the demo and if you like a good stelth game this is a must get . . . . lighing and sound taken to a new level
(Note: OXM rated Splinter Cell 9.6 which to refreash the courts memory is .1 above Halo, and now the highest rated game OXM reviewed)

Damn...I could not have said it any better. I agree 100% with your logic.

Unreal Championship via XBox Live is going to be so bad ass... I'm very excited with the fact that UC comes out 2 days before XBox Live launches...just enough time to get down some of the physics of the game to take to the global battlefield ;)

kornavs19
11-06-2002, 09:29 PM
Hey Max...Whats Happenin?
Umm..Im gettn NHL 2K3 definately..And probably UC..Never played it or anything but i hear the hype som im goanna try it...

Mega Gamer
11-06-2002, 10:03 PM
I would buy splinter cell, mech assault, ghost recon, UC 2003, xbox live, and a new router. :rolleyes: