PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell Book ?????????

Vteck3000
11-04-2002, 10:34 PM
I would like to know if the game TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL is actually based on one of his books ?
If yes can anyone tell me the name of the book please.
Thank you.

Koopa
11-04-2002, 10:43 PM
ive read a LOT of clanc'y stuff, and I'm pretty sure Sam Fisher is in none of his books. Most of his novels revolve around Jack Ryan, a former Marine/CIA operative/vice president/president

i wouldn't mind a great book based on this soon to be released great game, though:D

Leviathon
11-05-2002, 09:23 AM
From reading OXM, there is a mission where Sam Fisher (character in splinter cell) has to break into CIA headquarters... OXM states that he is employed by the CIA as well... I believe the character is loosly based on some of Clancy's writings...

OXM goes on to state that he has to obtain information without being seen and he cannot kill anyone either...

This game, after playing the demo has got me hooked... I must have played the demo 20 times before going onto something else just to see how many ways I can get through that stage...

Ninja Scroll
11-05-2002, 09:29 AM
Tom Clancy had nothing to do with Spinter Cell or Sam Fisher. He did overlook and approve of da story & game, but never wrote anything dat had to do with Splinter Cell.
Just think of it as a killer app title for Xbox with da Tom Clancy seal of approval to sell da software!;)