PDA

View Full Version : TimeSplitters 2 KICKS HALOS ASS

Reversion
11-05-2002, 12:51 AM
Just thought id say, this would be my number 1 recomended game for anyone with a new xbox, who gives a flying f*ck if its a port, or if the graphics arnt spectacular,

IT IS A GREAT GAME!

The amount of weapons is awesome!, the systemlinked/splitscreen play is awesome!

This is the only splitscreen game i didnt find myself squinting and leaning towards the monitor like i did in halo, the graphics are sharp and clear!

Wooh get this game!

ps: ive been playing it for about 10 hours now!

Azazel
11-05-2002, 04:15 AM
Better than Halo.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

VenoM
11-05-2002, 05:39 AM
kicks halo's ass???:confused: are you on crack kid?? and no im not gonna buy it...way better games coming out to spend my money on then some ps2 port:rolleyes:

FuNkY mOnK
11-05-2002, 05:43 AM
better than Halo? i'll make sure i wont take any of your recommendations - Better than Halo?

JJaX
11-05-2002, 07:08 AM
I thought Time splitters 2 sucked.

bbchs_trash
11-05-2002, 08:48 AM
Dude, I thought I was the only one who though this game kicked Halo's Ass! *roxorz* your the coolest. Your liek so my idol, we should team up over Xbconnect and whoop on all those Halo junkies... *roxorz*

(end sarcasm)

This guy is on more than just crack, this game sucks. Its like someone fuel injected him with time crystals, because this game is a complete peice of crap... Go Capture the Bag or something kid....

scarecrow kfj
11-05-2002, 09:11 AM
Tme splitters wasa good gameand so I am sure time splitters two is also a good game. at least from ratings it has been getting. But as far as kicking Halos arse.. theres no way. Splinter Cell is the only game other than Halo 2 that might be better than halo.

Brevity
11-05-2002, 09:29 AM
And where is the Jump Button, and what about cool team vehicles?:confused:

In every way Halo beats the dog **** out of TS2

Ninja Scroll
11-05-2002, 09:31 AM
Time Splitter 2 better than Halo?:rolleyes: You aint been buying da crack JJax be selling in Dirty Jersey have you?

And judging from dat demo in dat OXM magazine this game is wack.

Dark Enemy
11-05-2002, 09:45 AM
Have u even played HAlo? :o

Timesplitters is a good game but not better than halo

Ninja Scroll
11-05-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by PublicEnemy2k3
Have u even played HAlo? :o

Timesplitters is a good game but not better than halo

If I ever see someone with a copy of Timesplitter im gonna take my "Time", "Split" my crack, and shiii on it! Ninja Style!:cool:

bbchs_trash
11-05-2002, 11:31 AM
An employee at our local Electronics Boutique sold his ORIGINAL launch day HALO for a copy of TimeSplitters 2. What a dumbass, I sold my Timesplitters last week for 10 dollars less than what I bought it for new, not a bad deal....

EHWfedPres
11-05-2002, 11:47 AM
Thankx for your opinion, Reversion...now play Halo with 8 people and then come back and we'll see what you think then.

DZNUTZ
11-05-2002, 12:38 PM
i think timesplitters 2 is a damn good game. not better then halo...but its a keeper.

Slacker
11-05-2002, 01:39 PM
It has better Elements than Halo, More Mulitplayer games than Halo, plus More single player , and it has Bots, thats how it blows doors over Halo, Halo has it's moments but its getting to be outdated, and personally the people that complain about this game based on the Demo, must really suck at video games, because if you were 2 you could figure out the aiming options, I think if this had been an Xbox Xclusive, you would of sang a different tune, and praised it,

so in some ways YES it is better than Halo, but HAlO still has it's Moments like Vehicles , but if your a Goldeneye Lover and have some gaming skill, you will enjoy it ,but if your a biased Xbox Fanboy with no skill then your going to hate it,

fowlowl
11-05-2002, 01:44 PM
To give Reversion some credit, TS2 is a fun, fantastic game. I tried to tell everyone how great of a game it is. But as awesome as that game, you cant really compare anything to Halo...well IF one game was better than Halo, it'd have to be GoldenEye. :-)

Everyone, dont just attack the guy's opinion. If he's wrong--that's your opinion and state so reasonably (But i have to admit Ninja Scroll was funny). As example of an ignorance, BREVITY said 'In every way Halo beats the dog **** out of TS2' Does Halo do a better job of offering statistics than TS2? No. Does Halo offer a better multiplayer character selection? No. Does Halo let a gang of monkeys fight for the weakest player? No. Yeah Halo is awesome, but so are other games.

I enjoy hearing what people think is or isnt better than Halo, so dont discourage people from giving opinions at XBA.

In fact, Gamespy also thought Timesplitters 2 (score 89) was better than Halo (score 85) as hard as that is to believe.

Batman2372
11-05-2002, 01:45 PM
TimeSplitters 2 wasn't that bad of a game. I had fun. Now Halo is (at least for the time being) head and shoulders above anything else.... but I'm not going to trash TimeSplitters.

That said, everyone has their opinion, and I'm just glad that you've found something you really like! As long as that's happening, the Xbox will stick around.

iliveonafarm
11-05-2002, 01:50 PM
these games are totally different, Halo is about precision, sniping and stuff like that, timesplitters is about firing as many bullets at something and some of them will hit your target. timsplitters is also much faster than halo, the story mode in timesplitters is way too short and the story is so stupid. I got timesplitters and played it for a couple days but then i went back to halo, the multiplayer areas are much better and more open in halo, and theres no gun in timesplitters as awesome as the pistol in halo

fowlowl
11-05-2002, 02:00 PM
Halo about precision and sniping?!

To some extent, but I cant remember a moment spent where I wasnt unloading clip after clip into convenant as fast as I could.

Halo was pretty fast, in a really intense sort of way.

symposiumx
11-05-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by fowlowl

Halo was pretty fast, in a really intense sort of way.

Just wait for Unreal Championship. You'll be poo'ing in your diapers ma' boy!! ;)

Tinny
11-05-2002, 02:25 PM
TS2 is a very very very fun game. One of the most fun moments in it included flaming monkeys. 10 of them. Each with rockets. But TS2 is JUST a fun game. And just suppose to be treated like one. It certainly isn't anything near Halo's league nor is it suppose to be, especially in the SP campaign. Think about it, TS2 doesn't take itself too seriously. You have to wonder whether it wants to be a parody or a proper comic sometimes but your more or less settled on the parody. To say it in another way... lastability/replayability:

TS2 = 2 weeks
Halo = 7/8 months

I was hoping TS2 would last me one more week but after 25 hours, 32 minutes and 49 seconds on it, in total over the 2 weeks period with me knocking 546 heads off, I quickly got bored of it. Before you shout at me about the Challenges and Arcade Leagues I can honestly say that I've completed all those with atleast a Silver (argh I hate attempting to get a Platinum, I only got 5) for each. The SP however... well I got two more missions on Hard but I really can't be bothered to attempt those now. MP-wise TS2 kicks 90% of Halo's MP ass. But only a few PC Online FPSs can match 16 player CTF on Blood with vehicles in Halo. TS2 certainly doesn't match that even if you have a 16 player game on that (and I had a 20 minute one on the PS2 on Ice Station - CTF). Anyways, I'm now in need of a properly good MP FPS game and Unreal Championship (15th November) ought to take a place in my collection quite nicely. I will probably trade in TS2 and grab UC.

PS. "Short, controlled bursts" <-- I know I'm not the only person to be aware of this quote when dealing with the MA5B Assault Rifle!!!!

PPS. I don't think the aim in TS2 "sucks". It's just mightily awkard but it certainly doesn't suck (takes you 30 minutes to get use to it I'd guess) If you want a FPS who's aim does suck then look no further than Turok: Evolution.

Liquidmc
11-05-2002, 04:33 PM
From what I played of Halo (which I don't own) and what i played of Time Splitters 2 (which I own), I would have to say that in my opinion Time Splitters 2 is a much better game! Actually I can't really say that since i haven't played much of the story mode in Halo. BUT for multiplayer action, hands down Time Splitters 2 is a much better game! The only thing Halo may have on TS2 is the aiming is a bit better. TS2 is endless in multiplayer mode and the visuals are so smooth and clean (like my g/f's ass ;-) But hey, this is only my 2 cents and I am sure this debait could go on forever since there are so many die hard Halo junkies. It's like Football games for Xbox. I live and die for Sega Sports while others are still on the EA sports band wagon (which i must say, has been heading down hill lately). And for all u people who are saying Timesplitters 2 sucks,you gotta be smoking some bad **** cause TS2 is a very cool game and not much different than Halo! So how could it suck??

FuNkY mOnK
11-05-2002, 06:15 PM
I bought time splitters2 played one level, took it back for shenmue2 which was released days after. from what i've played i didn't like it at all...Better than Halo? your... out... of... this... world.Halo runs circles around TS2.

symposiumx
11-05-2002, 06:18 PM
he IS right about one thing...

his g/f DOES have a very smooth and clean arse ;)

l Maximus l
11-05-2002, 06:20 PM
If any of you were huge fans of Goldeneye on the N64, then, Timesplitters 2 will make you very happy. Better than Halo? Well, the consensus appears to be to the contrary, including the opinion of yours truly.

Never has a game kept my interest so high for so long other than Halo. So, is Timesplitters 2 better than Halo? It's only opinion...and a very radical one at that ;)

Liquidmc
11-05-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx
he IS right about one thing...

his g/f DOES have a very smooth and clean arse ;)

lol!! With the ditch pigs you have in Portland my g/f must of been a very nice change eh! Besides, after doing all your relatives you must of been kinda bored no?

symposiumx
11-05-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Liquidmc

lol!! With the ditch pigs you have in Portland my g/f must of been a very nice change eh! Besides, after doing all your relatives you must of been kinda bored no?

HAHAHA touche my dear lad!! well met :)

EHWfedPres
11-05-2002, 07:02 PM
I cant remember a moment spent where I wasnt unloading clip after clip into convenant as fast as I could.

I dont recall any Covenant in multiplayer...

Halo is meant to be a multiplayer game. They added single player for 2 reasons...#1, no bots, so if your alone, you actually have something to do...and #2, so people dont complain about there being no single player...but everyone will agree, Halo's single player got boring real fast, but Multiplayer with 8 or more people will never get boring.

Highlite23
11-05-2002, 08:57 PM
IMO...TS2 is a great, entertaining, fun game.
Great multi-player
great weapons
stealth
level editor

But not better than Halo.

fowlowl
11-05-2002, 11:31 PM
EHWfedPres, how the hell did you think i was talking about multiplayer when i said "I cant remember a moment spent where I wasnt unloading clip after clip into convenant as fast as I could." Previously I said, "Does Halo offer a better multiplayer character selection? No." Which means only Master Chief--no convenant.

Not to pick a fight, but I think Halo's single player is much more exciting and far superior to its multiplayer. While multiplayer is good, the single player missions are enchanting and breath taking. While fragging another team on a warthog is really cool, nothing beats seeing that first covenant dropship land.

The Informer
11-05-2002, 11:53 PM
Halo runs at 30 fps

- more overall detail

TS2 runs at 60 fps

- much faster, arcade gameplay, less detail

JJaX
11-06-2002, 09:18 AM
EHWfedPres, how the hell did you think i was talking about multiplayer when i said "I cant remember a moment spent where I wasnt unloading clip after clip into convenant as fast as I could." Previously I said, "Does Halo offer a better multiplayer character selection? No." Which means only Master Chief--no convenant.

Not to pick a fight, but I think Halo's single player is much more exciting and far superior to its multiplayer. While multiplayer is good, the single player missions are enchanting and breath taking. While fragging another team on a warthog is really cool, nothing beats seeing that first covenant dropship land.

I don’t know man……..

LAN play is a blast! I love playing “Team slayer” on blood gulch with just assault rifles. :)

Batman2372
11-06-2002, 09:24 AM
Don't get me wrong, I live for my Halo LAN parties, but I thought the single player in Halo was serious fun! Even better was playing co-op with my wife! We had serious fun!

In my opinion, they both rocked.

JJaX
11-06-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Batman2372
Don't get me wrong, I live for my Halo LAN parties, but I thought the single player in Halo was serious fun! Even better was playing co-op with my wife! We had serious fun!

In my opinion, they both rocked.

Oh no doubt. Halo Co-op on legendary is one of my greatest gaming experiences. Especially when we “revert to last check point” if one of us dies. I pity those who use infinite lives

fowlowl
11-06-2002, 10:41 AM
I still had a really tough time beating Legendary with infinite lives. Those legendary elites are stellar.

JJaX
11-06-2002, 11:38 AM
I still had a really tough time beating Legendary with infinite lives. Those legendary elites are stellar.

Hit em with a charged Covenant pistols than switch to your assault rifle, that will do the trick. As well as a well placed plasma grenade ;)

I eat elites for breakfast. :D

Kortiz
11-06-2002, 11:53 AM
ummmmmm....

Im sorry, but UC is Multiplayer.....Halo, was meant for single player with multi on the side........argue all you want.....i am right.

very easy to see as well!

Liquidmc
11-06-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx

HAHAHA touche my dear lad!! well met :)

:) Why thanks!

ride
11-06-2002, 12:04 PM
add my vote to the "NO WAY" catagory

TS2 is in NO WAY better than HALO, it is fun, but it is NO HALO

Snoopy7548
11-08-2002, 05:26 PM
i just bought ts2 for the ps2 today. lol. i think its awesome. its kinda like goldeneye. i hope the multiplayer is good, i havent tried that. the multiplayer in goldeneye was so awesome.:D

DZNUTZ
11-08-2002, 05:46 PM
why in da hell would u buy it for ps2 and not xbox?!?!?!?!

it better have been like over 20 bux cheaper..

Snoopy7548
11-08-2002, 05:50 PM
lol, no. it was 50 bucks. ha. i like the ps2's controller better and stuff.

EHWfedPres
11-09-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
lol, no. it was 50 bucks. ha. i like the ps2's controller better and stuff.

Haha, that was a funny joke. :)

y2kash_14
11-09-2002, 10:11 PM
i sold Halo for TimeSplitters 2, and i dont regret it......when it comes to Multiplayer, TimeSplitters kicks Halo's ass for sure.......but when it comes to the Single player, i believe Halo is superior

E Nomini Patri
11-09-2002, 10:47 PM
Timesplitters 2 was cool, I played the OXM demo. Right when I get the flamethrower, the level ends :( . Halo is better, bar none.

Snoopy7548
11-10-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Haha, that was a funny joke. :)

lol, it wasnt a joke. the ps2s controller is better for some games. i think that the xbox controller is a little too big

E Nomini Patri
11-10-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
xbox controller is a little too big

Get used to the s-controller, that might help. :)

Snoopy7548
11-10-2002, 12:21 PM
yea. but i dont really like the xbox controller for fighting games or shooting games. its pretty good for those games, but the ps2 one is better, i think

y2kash_14
11-11-2002, 04:53 PM
Ps2 controller is MUCH better than Xbox

ShannonX
11-13-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

I don’t know man……..

LAN play is a blast! I love playing “Team slayer” on blood gulch with just assault rifles. :)

hmm.. never tried that before =)

i just use standard team slayer and get a friend to jump in a hog with me and start running over the opposition. =)

coldfusion
11-14-2002, 01:52 PM
worst games ive ever seen
its the quake3 of the consoles
fast
****TY GRAPHICS
no point
useless
THIS GAME sucks balls
it looks like goldeneye
it was made by goldeneye team!

Snoopy7548
11-14-2002, 04:15 PM
and goldeneye was an awesome game

hansard1985
11-25-2002, 07:00 PM
around here we have a halo lan party every weekend this last weekend we decided to play ts2, well we played it maybe an hour and halo about 10 hours, i hated ts2 in single player until i found the arcade league its sweet, and ts2 with 8 player capyure the other teams base is awesome too, but 8 player halo in ctf is unbeatable, exept maybe 16 player ctf, i say halo is better, but in my opinion halo gets old in single player way quicked than ts2

EHWfedPres
11-28-2002, 04:23 PM
Goldeneye was and still is a terrible game, and timesplitters 2 is not far behind.

The Xbox controller is better for games where you have to use both thumbsticks i think. I just cant play fps games on the ps2...not only because the thumbsticks move too easily, but it just feels weird.

For fighting games, i like the original controller...or the arcade stick.

EHWfedPres
11-28-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by hansard1985
around here we have a halo lan party every weekend this last weekend we decided to play ts2, well we played it maybe an hour and halo about 10 hours, i hated ts2 in single player until i found the arcade league its sweet, and ts2 with 8 player capyure the other teams base is awesome too, but 8 player halo in ctf is unbeatable, exept maybe 16 player ctf, i say halo is better, but in my opinion halo gets old in single player way quicked than ts2

double post, but who ƒucking cares...

anyway, 8 player CTF in Sidewinder is the most fun i ever had in Halo. Blood Glutch is too much of a straight shot, where as in sidewinder, there's more places to go, and its easier to defend the bases, which means its more difficult.

halocombat4ever
11-28-2002, 06:05 PM
monkey power i like the game but my xbox is brocken

destroydemons
12-10-2002, 01:59 PM
are you high??

destroydemons
12-10-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by coldfusion
worst games ive ever seen
its the quake3 of the consoles
fast
****TY GRAPHICS
no point
useless
THIS GAME sucks balls
it looks like goldeneye
it was made by goldeneye team!

yea wen i played the demo i was like........great, another james bond wannabe game, and now this guy is sayings its better than halo.....

hansard1985
12-11-2002, 11:53 AM
if anyone would give it a chance, get used to the controlls, its a great game, it has far more 1 player lastability than halo,i dont see how some of you guys beat halo 10 times or more, the single player wasnt that good