PDA

View Full Version : do you think MS buying Sega would be a good idea?

xboxtito
11-05-2002, 02:27 AM
I got this from planet xbox what do u guys think.

have read a lot of things about people thinking that MS will buy Sega eventually. but I was thinking, if MS buys sega, what effect would that have on the xbox? sure we would get some very benificial games right from the beginning, virtual fighter, the sega sports games etc.

but would it be good? take the sports games for example. if MS owns all of the sega sports games, you would only beable to play if you own an xbox. if the sports games endup playing second fiddle to ea, then we got a bunch of sports games that noone but xbox owners would care about. if the sports games end up being the best of the best, then we still have a lots of nonxbox gamers that will not know anything at all about how good they are, sortof like it is now with a lot of good xbox titles- "If its not ps2, its not important"

even if Sega's sports game own EA's, then what would happen? EA would probably support the xbox even less. which would probably not be that big of a deal but there are other non sport games that I would like to see ea make for the xbox

or whats worse is if MS decides to get rid of its current sports games and make a hibrid sega MS sports game series.

Sega fans may be mad at sega for selling out and choose not to support them anymore.

Hugh_Jass
11-05-2002, 08:55 AM
If it means Sonic on the XBOX then I think MS needs to buy SEGA.

Leviathon
11-05-2002, 09:07 AM
IMO, I don't see M$ buying sega... I think that because of the bullcrap that M$ went thourgh in the last couple of years with the whole government stepping in and trying to bust up M$ because they think they are a monopoly... M$ should let sega do its own thing unless Sega is the one that wants to sell... just my humble opinion...

Ninja Scroll
11-05-2002, 09:39 AM
Well this response is coming from da Biggest Sega Fan in XBA.

Would this move be good for M$? Of course, they would then own da #1 developer in da world!! EA may have sales numbers, but that does not mean they deliver better quality than da next guy.

Would this move be good for Sega? Hell naw!
Sega has set their goal to be the #1 3rd party publisher is the world. If they sold-out they would be a M$'sa mercy.
And the 2K series will suffer da most, cause it wont be multi-platform and will hurt them in trying to topple EA.

As much as I wanna see Microsoft destroy Sony, I dont wanna see Sega get bought, and nor do I see it happening.

NAW MEAN!?:)

xboxgamer142
11-05-2002, 11:39 AM
NO! NO! AND NO!

Sega is a good company, so is MS. But Sega is too big and is better at staying third party. They went through enough trouble when Dreamcast died and they switched from 1st to 3rd party. Sonic should come to Xbox, but still it would be a bad idea. SEGA is already made up of smaller companies: SEGA Sports, SEGA-AM2, and SonicTeam.

EHWfedPres
11-05-2002, 11:43 AM
I think it would be a good thing...all those 2k3 sports games are liked the best by many Xbox fans...and just think if they were made specifically for the Xbox...they wouldnt look like shyt anymore, and the gameplay would be more in-depth, etc.

EHWfedPres
11-05-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
IMO we should get sonic and leave it at that. Why take the goodies away from everyone?

Cause Sony does the same thing *cough*GTA*cough*

l Maximus l
11-06-2002, 01:35 AM
I wouldn't necessarily want to see it happen. As long as Sega keeps producing killer exclusive apps for the XBox, then, I'm pefectly content with that :)

Ninja Scroll
11-06-2002, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I wouldn't necessarily want to see it happen. As long as Sega keeps producing killer exclusive apps for the XBox, then, I'm pefectly content with that :)

Yeah, we got Sega's best titles eXclusively for Xbox. Ya got Crazy Taxi 3, Panzer Dragoon, Sega GT 2002, Jet Set Radio Future, Shenmue II, & Gunvalkyrie.

.... Okay, Gunvalkyrie sucked, but da rest are great games though!:)

GokuX
11-06-2002, 09:12 AM
Another Sonic game. 20+ more cute n fuzzy characters to choose from to completely cloud an inherently weak storyline. Ridiculous. I've lost all hope for the Sonic franchise. Sonic Adventure 2 was ok, but I really think from the original Sonic and Sonic CD to SA2, the Sonic franchise went downhill badly.

JJaX
11-06-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
Another Sonic game. 20+ more cute n fuzzy characters to choose from to completely cloud an inherently weak storyline. Ridiculous. I've lost all hope for the Sonic franchise. Sonic Adventure 2 was ok, but I really think from the original Sonic and Sonic CD to SA2, the Sonic franchise went downhill badly.

Agreed, sonic was only good as a 2d platformer. That leap to 3d sucked.

scarecrow kfj
11-06-2002, 12:26 PM
I dont believe it would be a good idea. for most of the reasons mentioned. I think if they want to get a company they should do it lke they did bugie. Sega is a lot about kids and well the xbox isnt so much.... I am talking about GC generation. I like sega but have not been inpressed with sonic for the past couple of games. I think it is almost out dated or done to death. Granted most of us played mario on nes and than snes and 64 by the time it got to 64 who really cared? I personaly didnt like the game or te way it controlled. On the Dc sonic was better than mario on 64 but it was heading in the same direction. To be honest I would rather see Contra than Sonic.

Afro Aura
11-06-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
.... Okay, Gunvalkyrie sucked, but da rest are great games though!:)
No it didn't, it's a great game beautiful graphics and tough gameplay which is nice for once

Ninja Scroll
11-07-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

No it didn't, it's a great game beautiful graphics and tough gameplay which is nice for once

Yes da game was beautiful, but you cant deny it's controls & gameplay.
Im a da biggest Sega supporter in XBA hands down, but I gotta call it like it dis. Gunvalkyrie sucks! Very frustrating platform mushroom jumpin joke.

Good thing I got it from a trade off of something else.:rolleyes:

Afro Aura
11-07-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Yes da game was beautiful, but you cant deny it's controls & gameplay.
Im a da biggest Sega supporter in XBA hands down, but I gotta call it like it dis. Gunvalkyrie sucks! Very frustrating platform mushroom jumpin joke.

Good thing I got it from a trade off of something else.:rolleyes:
LOL I suppose it just wasn't your game and yeah just like you I give out repect to Sega too:D