PDA

View Full Version : quick tidbit on brute force

DZNUTZ
11-05-2002, 01:14 PM
i have been anticipating this game forever.

now it look like i'll have to wait even a lil longer:(

i sure hope this means multiplayer....perhaps via Live

November 04, 2002 - Brute Force, Microsoft's four-character squad-based action game, was originally expected to ship this holiday. Delayed until "early next year" a few weeks ago, Microsoft announced today Brute Force will ship April 2003. The half-year delay was to add some new features, which have yet to be disclosed.

"Any game as cool as Brute Force is worth taking the extra time to make totally rock," Director of Xbox Marketing Pete Parsons said.

With the delay and this statement, we can only expect full rockage in April. We'll have more about the possible rockage of Brute Force in the coming months. Until then, enjoy Microsoft's other excellent squad-based game, Sneakers.

Crazy Joe
11-05-2002, 01:36 PM
Xbox Live would be cool, but the game already supports 4-player multiplayer.

EHWfedPres
11-05-2002, 02:58 PM
Id rather have to wait half a year for a great game rather than be playing a piece of crap right now.

GokuX
11-05-2002, 04:00 PM
Oh man the 4 player Co-op is gonna rock. I say take all the time they need.

DZNUTZ
11-05-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew
Xbox Live would be cool, but the game already supports 4-player multiplayer.

i was aware of that.
what i was reffering to was like multiplayer deathmatches and modes of that nature.

are those confirmed as well.

symposiumx
11-05-2002, 04:14 PM
If it DOES go XBL, then squad vs. squad deathmatches are going to rock *drool*

Hugh_Jass
11-05-2002, 09:20 PM
I was just thinking about Brute Force earlier today...and wondering if anybody still cares about this game. It looked and sounded great during the hype of E3. Since then we've seen a lot of amazing games released (or soon to be released). Brute Force doesn't seem to stand out in the crowd anymore

DZNUTZ
11-06-2002, 12:53 AM
belive me...while theirs enuff must have games comming out...i don't think theirs a chance in hell of me not leaving enuff store credit left to NOT get this game.

this game will be the ish.

l Maximus l
11-06-2002, 01:03 AM
I understand that they are implementing Brute Force to operate via XBox Live.

Imagine how bad ass squad based multi-player would be if you were controller a team of four against multiple teams of four....the possibilities are HUGE!

And, Hugh_Jass (I can't help myself from chuckling whenever I quote your name :D) I understand where you are coming from and agree. I also believe that Brute Force seems to be losing a little spark for most people, however, hearing that they are implementing the game to operate with XBox Live just may be the needed juice to resurrect the interests of people once again. I know it has for me!

:)

Crazy Joe
11-06-2002, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ

i was aware of that.
what i was reffering to was like multiplayer deathmatches and modes of that nature.

are those confirmed as well.

there is for sure deathmatch and probably all the basic multiplayer modes, like capture the flag, etc.

BigGamer X
11-06-2002, 09:08 PM
Since the delay is so long, they would be stupid not to make it LIVE compatible. They are even going to miss the short after Christmas rush as people return games, spend Christmas money, ect. Also, they are probably honing the game a little bit. (gameplay, framerate, ect.) Better late than RUSHED !:)

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-06-2002, 10:20 PM
I have been dying to play brute force......it's going to be hard..but if it means the game will be so much better......then i can wait