PDA

View Full Version : Project Gothem Racing - Initial thoughts

VAN
11-15-2001, 04:50 PM
Did any of you pick up this game yet? I did, and as expected, its amazing. Easily the best console-based racer developed to date. GT3 is an amazing racer as well, but I'm afraid it pales in comparison to PGR.

I especially like the addition of the "live" local radio station music broadcasts--complete with DJ commentary. Nice touch.

So let's hear more thoughts/opinions on this game. Love it? Hate it? Have it? Want it?

Dan Livingston
11-15-2001, 07:04 PM
I don't have it YET, but i'm curious: who is the dj for san francisco?

J98GT
11-15-2001, 07:11 PM
Wow . . . Its that good? I was still planning on picking up a PS2 sometime after xmas just for GT3. What about PGR is better? Are the cars upgradable? Are the lighting and weather effects as good?

Dan Livingston
11-15-2001, 07:16 PM
You can upgrade cars and... heh... the cars are much better. pixel shaders ensure that the lighting is realistic

VAN
11-16-2001, 01:12 AM
The damage model is fantastic. Even minor dents are noticable.

I was racin' earlier (forgot which city) and the in-game DJ actually played "Click, CLick, Boom" by Saliva. I was lovin' it.

The littlest details havent been overlooked. When you hit the hand brake to pull off a powerslide, you can actually see the drivers arm reach for the lever. Theres reflections in the sideview mirrors. In Replay Mode, you can actually toggle through all cars and watch the replay from their view. Replay Mode features "Fast Forward" , Pause, and "Frame Advance" so you can catch every detail. Sweet game.

J98GT
11-16-2001, 02:31 AM
Wow. I'm impressed. My girlfreind is going to buy me an xbox for christmas. I just have to find one for her to buy. I can't wait.

Rhyze
11-16-2001, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by VAN
Did any of you pick up this game yet? I did, and as expected, its amazing. Easily the best console-based racer developed to date. GT3 is an amazing racer as well, but I'm afraid it pales in comparison to PGR.

Yep, PGR Rocks !!

l Maximus l
11-20-2001, 05:29 PM
PGR is even more addicting when you rip your own personal CD collection onto the hard-drive and listen to your tunes while racing!!! I thought I was playing it for 30 minutes or so...but, I was enjoying myself so much, I realized I played it for 2 1/2 straight hours! I would have played longer, but, I realized that it was already 1:00 in the morning and I had to get up at 6:30 am :(