PDA

View Full Version : Halo Easy?

scarecrow kfj
11-15-2001, 05:54 PM
I have heard alot of people saying they got through level one and higher. well there are only 10 levels. Is it that easy or are you more referring to objectives or check points?

Frostberg
11-15-2001, 08:09 PM
I just played co-op 2 player and I thought it was pretty easy. It took 4 and a half hours to get to level 6 and we spent a lot of the time just trying to get the controls right and get used to it. Although because it was our first time we did have it on easy mode, so Im sure it would take a lot longet than what we took. Its still worth the money, and I have a feeling that the later levels will take longer...but I was still suprised when we were more than halfway there

SquirrelJam
11-15-2001, 09:19 PM
You guys start out on EASY mode and complain that it's easy :rolleyes:

You should at least start at NORMAL, get it, NORMAL. Do not judge HALO on anything less than Normal. You are not normal, you're simpletons.

I bet you won't get through one level on LEGENDARY difficulty, so until then.... please be quiet

Thanks

Frostberg
11-15-2001, 09:54 PM
I know that, that would be why I said that im my post! I just never played it before like most people, unless you got to see at at a demo kiosk or were lucky and went to a launch event. I just had to get used to things before I beef up the difficulity.

batman46st
11-15-2001, 10:16 PM
if ur a true gamer u should know that if u put a gameateasy mode it cheapens it.. if u want to see true halo start it at its hardest level. n im so sure the 1st levelwont be as easy to pass.
n i really like munchs oddesy **** good trilogy

The One
11-15-2001, 10:35 PM
If you put it on the easier modes then yea. But overall from what I have played the game rocks! :D

Azimiza-XBA
11-15-2001, 10:40 PM
Have you guys ever tried playing that Tetris game on SNES on the hardest level? Good lord that was hard. I got all the way up to level 50 and then bombed. I still play it when I get bored of Dreamcast and PlayStation, SNES has been like the best console until now.

sinizuh
11-15-2001, 11:48 PM
i played for nearly 4 hours on easy and i got something between level 3 and 4.

it's awesome :eek:

dysrhythmia
11-16-2001, 01:26 AM
I'm playing it on normal and I've died a few times.....I think I'm somewhere on level 3-4, trying to find a way in (sorry for being vague but I don't want to spoil it for anyone). I think with two "human" players even hard might be easy.....That's just my guess.

eLoup
11-16-2001, 02:26 AM
Played to level 4 or 5 @ a kiosk with another guy on Normal setting in about 4 hours. Did seem a bit “easy” … but we both where wanting to play on a harder setting. I think the more appropriate term would be too short. Since the game’s still enjoyably difficult, just maybe several tens of hours too short ;)

What ever happened to the days where console games where /HARD/ and took you forever to find out what strategies worked in each forthcoming level?

Ah well – playing Co-op with a friend on the hardest difficulty setting ought to be very fun! I love how you can really use some teamwork in co-op and really achieve stuff. Co-op seemed much more fun than if I where playing solo. I can’t wait until I can visit a kiosk again to play an hour or two.

~

eLoup
Seattle

Gammer4Life
11-16-2001, 02:30 AM
Me and my boy played it on coop for like 3 hours straight on normal and it has played like a normal difficult, so it is not easy. Yea i have died a couple of times, because of getting ambushed by them dang turrets. that game is the baddest game ever, along with oddworld, fever, and gotham racing!!! yea so far i am pretty happy with the games i got. HALO!!!! even if you beat if multiplayer is so fun, it will keep that game alive for ever, bout as fun as golden eye was on the 64 but better. god the grapics, waterfall the big loop ring world, all of it is hot!!!!! hey on single player i thought i wasn't going to make it off of the ship now that is what set a cold tempo of the game there. Already start to fight right in the middle of training

scarecrow kfj
11-16-2001, 11:43 AM
Um just so you know when you crash land that is when the game realy begins. When you are in the ship that is not level one. When you rescue all survivors I think that is when level one ends but i HAVNT GOTTEN THAT FAR YET. only two hours of play on co op. (norm) I am not the best gamer but I think people are saying they finished levels when they havnt yet only thought they did.

VAN
11-16-2001, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Gammer4Life
god the grapics, waterfall <font color="red">the big loop ring world</font>, all of it is hot!!!!!

Ummm....that would be "Halo". Get it? Planet Halo? Shaped like a Halo? :D Yes, I am a smartdonkey.

mojo__31
11-16-2001, 12:05 PM
Playing in Normal mode, and at certain spots it is anything but easy, I died my fair share. At one spot where you need to get to the gravity lift to board the enemy ship, I replayed that spot over a dozen times till I figured out how to kill all the aliens. Those big blue tank dudes were a *****, lol. One other point, the sniping is so cool, I love the way its done.

CyberBOMB
11-16-2001, 12:06 PM
Halo is easy until you encounter the Hunters. then its on baby! 2 player coop is cool but 4 player coop would have been awesome.

scarecrow kfj
11-16-2001, 12:08 PM
yeah a 4 co op would be.. I need to get one of my friends to get a box. I was the only one gutsy ( term used by friends) to get the xbox. I didnt think it was gutsy just smart. Man I am going to kick some cov. brown stars tonight

l Maximus l
11-16-2001, 02:18 PM
Dudes!!!!! Think about how awesome it would be to get a total of three to four players going using the system link cables? 3-4 TVs, 3-4 consoles, 3-4 Halo games....and 3-4 cases of beer!

All of this starting out on the hardest mode...think about the strategy! When the Covenant is trying to flank you...you can send one of your buddies over there and polish them off, etc...

This game is absolutely amazing. And, by the way, Scarecrow is right...you cannot count the spaceship section in the begginning to be the first level..lol...that's not the first level. My buddy and I played co-op for three hours (though, I was dead tired for being up for 37 hours at that point because I was camping)...and we didn't pass the first level... We played on hard mode..and I can tell we almost finished the first level...but, the levels are long...the way they should be...man, this game is amazing!

sinizuh
11-17-2001, 12:00 AM
after 9+ hours of playing, i'm on the last mission of chapter 8.

and man... chapter 6 and 7 are deadly hard! even on the setting easy!

H.O.V.A
11-17-2001, 12:46 AM
I don't think its easy i have it on heroic and i had to get use to the controls so i died like 3 times then i made it all the way to the Covenants ship and i'm driving the tank which is alot of fun all in like 4-6 hours and i have died 4 times.

palution
11-17-2001, 03:07 AM
I am on the last level it gets crazy three race the convenant us the (robots set out to kill flood) protectors of halo and the flood (uncontrollable madness, and it took 2 days of shifaced gaming to get to it
cant beat last level on hard might try normal

gidevil_54
11-17-2001, 09:17 PM
im on level 7 and ive been playing about 10 hours... does anyone know how long this game lasts? (I dont want it to end) are the last levels longer or something?

Plasticman
11-17-2001, 11:10 PM
I beat the game on both Normal and Legendary. Of course, I had more time to play it because I had my Xbox for a week. The only thing you get from Legendary is a little more to the ending. No codes or anything. Oh, the advantages of working at a electronics and computer shop.

fanofslipknotib
11-18-2001, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by sinizuh
after 9+ hours of playing, i'm on the last mission of chapter 8.

and man... chapter 6 and 7 are deadly hard! even on the setting easy!

How do you know when its just a mission inside a chapter, and not a new chapter.....does the loading screen indicate a new chapter?

xboxlover
11-18-2001, 02:43 AM
I can't wait for halo, u guys just keep up the halo stories ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh halo my beautiful baby soon u shall be in my arms ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

sinizuh
11-18-2001, 03:20 AM
game gone widescreen (black bars) = new mission
game gone load screen = new chapter

i'm done the game :D

my favorite mission name is "but mommy, i don't want to ride the elevator". it totally describes how i felt in that chapter :)

scarecrow kfj
11-19-2001, 09:03 AM
Its not easy but it sure is fun. I am going to beat it on legendary next. I want to get brute force and bounty hunter next.

Plasticman
11-19-2001, 10:31 AM
Easy???? You should try it on Legendary. It took me a whole day to make it past one level. I played it on easy to learn the level, then I'd go at the legendary character. There many instances where you require an actual strategy. Some areas that have swarms of mutations running around, require lots of luck.

Oh, and for anyone that hasn't noticed, the sarg at the beginning of the game will say different things when you chose a different difficulty setting. The higher the setting, the harsher his words. There's also some other changes as well. I can tell you right now that it's not worth it to play it on that level. The best thing to do is what I did. Play every level on easy, just to learn them. Then, when you play again, select Legendary, and play through a level. Because the levels are all opened now, you can play any one. You have to complete the entire level on Legendary to receive the legendary icon.

l Maximus l
11-19-2001, 10:49 AM
All I can say is "Wow"...Halo seriously kicks some major ass. I have been playing with a buddy on co-op mode and this game is simply amazing! I love all of the vehicles you can jump into...the Tank made me feel all warm and fuzzy in all of my green and black spots :D