PDA

View Full Version : Xbon in JAPAN ---> Why it doesn't do well?

Cannibal Corpse
11-06-2002, 06:05 PM
I am just curious, since every report I read or monthly/quarterly chart that I see puts PS2 first, then GameCube and Xbox in the third place in Japan.

What does big BILL need to do to promote my beloved Xbox in the Land of the Rising Sun?

Xbox Owner
11-06-2002, 06:30 PM
Who knows

FuNkY mOnK
11-06-2002, 06:45 PM
Microsoft is associated with the xbox, thats why it isnt doing well, and one thing they hate is an aggressive arrogant intimidating billionaire. i bet those idiots could'nt give a rats a ss about GTA3VC. serves them rigth to have a sub-par system.

XBX_Junior_XBX
11-06-2002, 06:53 PM
They hate microsoft and that's why they love sony!!! : P

EHWfedPres
11-06-2002, 07:03 PM
because japaneese gamers care more about linear games with no replay value featuring spike-haired cartoon midgets...:rolleyes:

ARONO129
11-06-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
I am just curious, since every report I read or monthly/quarterly chart that I see puts PS2 first, then GameCube and Xbox in the third place in Japan.

What does big BILL need to do to promote my beloved Xbox in the Land of the Rising Sun?

One answer.

Nintendo and Sony = Japanese companies. End of story.

Squidpie
11-06-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129

One answer.

Nintendo and Sony = Japanese companies. End of story.

I agree... thats exactly why.

l Maximus l
11-06-2002, 09:14 PM
The Japanese traditionally, on average, lean toward kiddie type games with goofy characters. This is definately not the XBox.

I believe that XBox Live will show the Japanese what the XBox is all about. Just give it a little more time.

carlbme
11-06-2002, 09:45 PM
American products in general are not recieved very well in Japan.
On average the only American comapnay's that seem to do well over there seems to be the fast food chains.

Knight
11-06-2002, 09:50 PM
Because they have hate for any thing not made in japan or sold by japanses Company!

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-06-2002, 10:09 PM
I think that Knight has hit the nail on the head.....but i won't say hate ..i would say more of a dislike.....I think it's a matter of national pride with them. Much the same way that some of the fanboys defend the xbox and bash the other consoles that aren't made in the US. I still feel like taste in games aren't the same country to country... Some of the japanese feel like the xbox has very little of the games they would like to play.....Still i am not japanese and i won't try and second guess them.

Kortiz
11-06-2002, 10:14 PM
to be honest i do not really care how well they do in Japan.....not to be insencere.....just, not worried too much how they are doing over there.

it is great they are in 2nd place in the UK......whoopie.

as long as i get my games over here in America........then i am all good and happy.

and honestly, i dont think bill cares much how well xbox does in japan.

and dont worry, you will still get your games over in japan/uk/austrailia(maybe) but xbox is doing well over here in the U.S. home of Microsoft.....that is all i need.

yeah i know, if xbox was doing very well in japan i would be smushing it in other xboxhaters' faces, yet it isn't so i dont really give a dagumflippidydooo!

l Maximus l
11-06-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH

and honestly, i dont think bill cares much how well xbox does in japan.

I agree with everything you said except for this sentence. Hey, not bad considering that I also agree with dagumflippidydooo! :D

I think that Bill wants to conquer Japan with the XBox really bad. But, he isn't naive to the fact that it will be a challenge. :)

SPARTAN VI
11-06-2002, 10:41 PM
They just don't like anything bigger than them..:D

Kortiz
11-06-2002, 10:47 PM
ok lets say this.......bill knows xbox will fail in japan right now....so he doesn't care much at the moment........in the future, however, japan may play a bigger role on how well MS does with console gaming in the future. right now, a foot in the stadium is good enough for MS, am i right? conquer.......not for awhile, possible...........maybe

maybe.........brainwashing will play a huge role i bet.......the beer thing is the start to this new brainwashing thing i just mentioned......WOO-HOO!!!!

D'oh (8(l)

FuNkY mOnK
11-07-2002, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
They just don't like anything bigger than them..:D

A friend of mine went to japan and said the apartments were like four by four, so you could understand that the xbox would consume 1/4 of the room, not very practical.also the Japanese like their technology very small like games on their phones and game boy advance. and don't forget they originally purchased the ps2 for the dvd playback not games, dvd players were much more expensive then the ps2. Dumb A ss's they could get dvd players as low as 59.00 after rebate.;)

SPARTAN VI
11-07-2002, 05:35 PM
Thats true, they like their lil mini gadgets. They don't like how in America, we stress power, bigger is better, and husky Football. (Japanese guy : WHAT?!:eek: There is actually contact?!?!:confused: :eek: ) Too bad for them, I can wrap my hands around the "cute" little GameCube controller, and the PS controller, though it is comfortable, rubs skin off my fingers after playing for a while, OUCH:confused:.

Well, to the Dutch people (THEY ARE REALLY TALL!), our XBOXs and stuff are "the puny american toys":D

ltfa
11-08-2002, 12:55 AM
even if it doesn't do well in JPN, it will be #1 in the US soon. xbox doesn't need JPN to #1