PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive: Vapourware Xbox 2 exists!



xboxtito
11-06-2002, 08:31 PM
I got this info from another site- here is the link

http://www.spong.com/

We can reveal that several of the world’s leading development studios have received the initial specifications for the machine that will become Microsoft’s Xbox 2. Following on from the news that Rare is already at work on a project for the as yet unnamed next-generation Xbox, several other key firms, including Lionhead, have been consulted on the project. At present, rumour is suggesting that the machine will again be a high-end PC in a box, featuring a Pentium 4 2GB or higher processor and an in-development GeForce 5 hybrid graphics chip. It is a fair assumption to make that these development specs will mirror to a greater degree the finalised consumer product, due to launch in late 2004 or early 2005.

As soon as we find out, we’ll let you know.

GokuX
11-06-2002, 08:37 PM
2.8Ghz Pentium 4 , 512MB of RAM, NV30 graphics chip.

EHWfedPres
11-06-2002, 08:44 PM
Who gives a shyt about the Xbox 2, we already have one, so lets play that one, ok?

carlbme
11-06-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by xboxtito
featuring a Pentium 4 2GB or higher processor and an in-development GeForce 5
As soon as we find out, we’ll let you know.

A 2GB processor? Ummm, that a new way of measuring performance?

GF 5? Why would they settle for something so low if they are aiming for something so far in the future? By then with Nvidia's common 6 month cycle the GF5 will be extremely old.

And who is we? What give's you such a knowledgable insight?

Jarvis
11-06-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by carlbme


A 2GB processor? Ummm, that a new way of measuring performance?

GF 5? Why would they settle for something so low if they are aiming for something so far in the future? By then with Nvidia's common 6 month cycle the GF5 will be extremely old.

And who is we? What give's you such a knowledgable insight?

nothing, the guy has his head up his a ss.

-jarvis

xboxtito
11-06-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Jarvis


nothing, the guy has his head up his a ss.

-jarvis


Who are you talking about? I got this info from another site. Never did I say it was mine.

xboxtito
11-06-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by carlbme


A 2GB processor? Ummm, that a new way of measuring performance?

GF 5? Why would they settle for something so low if they are aiming for something so far in the future? By then with Nvidia's common 6 month cycle the GF5 will be extremely old.

And who is we? What give's you such a knowledgable insight?


Again- I got this from another site...........

carlbme
11-06-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by xboxtito



Again- I got this from another site...........

Can you post a link to it so we can make fun of them? :)

xboxtito
11-06-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by carlbme


Can you post a link to it so we can make fun of them? :)


The link is in the original post. I had forgotten to paste it in, so I edited and added it.

carlbme
11-06-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by xboxtito



The link is in the original post. I had forgotten to paste it in, so I edited and added it.

My appologies for attacking what you posted. I seriously thought that it was something that you did.

But it appears it was a straight copy and post.

My bad. :confused:

xboxtito
11-06-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by carlbme


My appologies for attacking what you posted. I seriously thought that it was something that you did.

But it appears it was a straight copy and post.

My bad. :confused:


Thats okay. Its my fault for not immediately pasting the link.

Hugh_Jass
11-07-2002, 08:34 AM
If you recall, before there was XBOX there was an XBOX developers' kit. This kit was simply a PC with components similar to what would be available in the retail XBOX. The developers need this kit very early so that they have time to create launch titles. I'm pretty sure that is the case here as well.

These specs do seem very conservative to me, but I think I remember demos on the XBOX developer kit at trade shows being described as running at 1/2 power or 2/3 power. So, even if there is truth to this announcement I wouldn't say the final XBOX2 specs are set in stone.

Rochey69r
11-08-2002, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
2.8Ghz Pentium 4 , 512MB of RAM, NV30 graphics chip.

that sig looks sweet GokuX!!


:p :)

GokuX
11-08-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Rochey69r


that sig looks sweet GokuX!!


:p :)

Thanks Rochey. I appreciate it.