PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance will Rule!!

Pyro_678
11-06-2002, 10:12 PM
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance in my opinion is going to resurect the Mk series. I was a huge fan of mk followed all the games up to 4 which was a disappointment to me and the side mk projects like subzero and the special forces one or what ever it was called i disliked those big time also the mmortal kombat ahnilation disappointed em as well. so yes in my gloriouse times of kombating there were disappointments but without disappontments/failures then they cant figure out what to fix and not to do. So far what i have seen adn reviewed the game is going to be a huge hit, might even allow MK to compete with the other fighters. like tekken,doa3,virtual fighter,soul caliber etc. Mk DA is going to have between 22-24 characters plus hidden characters. the list of characters i know of so far are: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Jax, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Rayden, Blind Kenshi, Mavado, Kitana, Moloch, Drahmin, Kung Lao, Sonya, Li Mei, Cyrax, Reptile, Kano, Johnny Cage, Frost, Bo Rai Cho, Khan, and Nitara. There are also tones of real fighting styles not made up styles actual reall styles. And the hand to hand based styles are: Ba Gua, Baji Quan, Crane,Dragon, DrunZken Fist Escrima, Fu Jow Pai, Hapkido, Hung Gar, Jeet Kune Do, Judo, Karate, Kendo, Kenpo, Leopard, Long Fist, Lui He Ba Fa, Mi Zong, Muay Thay, Nan Chuan, Ninjitsu, Pi Gua, Praying Mantis, San Shu, San Shou, Shaolin Fist, Shotokan, Snake, Tae Kwon Do, Tai Chi, Tang Soo Do, Tong Bei, Wing Chun, and Xing Yi. theres alot of weapons in the game as well ionly know of 18 and the weapons are: Ball n' Chain, Broadsword, Broadswords, Butterfly Swords,Club, Double Daggers, Hookswords, Kali Sticks, Kama, Katana, Kori-Blade, Ninja Sword, Nunchaku(s), Pulse Blade, Staff, Steel Fans, Straight Sword, and Tonfa. i belive theres going to be more than that im actually almost positive. This is just some of the things MK DA has instores for its players i mean as you fight your clothes can get cut up and you face and body can gte bruised up and cut and u will bleed and if you stand in one spot long enough u will leave puddles of your blood and if u step in it you trample it around. You also sweat. You could even die from to much blood loss so i wounder hwo thats going to be. so there you have it an almost professional reviw/post about a game thats everyone should check out. theres going to be lots of hidden adn new things. Also i belive they got rid of those annoyingly dumb animalities and friendships, and babialities. and all there is is the classic fatalities. well thats enough if u want to knwo more this forums where to ask.

Pyro_678
11-13-2002, 10:47 PM
Ok people its not like your not fans of MK so post your replies, or disagreements. .or else that means im right and no one can say differ hahaaha!!!!!!!!!!!

mmattai
11-14-2002, 03:36 AM
I didn't want to rain on your parade and be the bad guy, but you asked for disagreements...

I think Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance will suck. I used to like Mortal Kombat, but any other MK game after that was just new treads on an old tire. I've seen some videos of MKDA, and I have to say, the character animation looks a lot like the old MK animations. You know how everybody jumps with one knee sticking out and the other leg straight back. It just looks like the same old, same old. I doubt the weapon fighting will be as deep as Soul Calibur, 1 or 2. It doesn't look like there will be any new good fighters for the Xbox soon. that's okay, because DOA3 still kicks @$$. Kakuto Chojin looks horrible. Actually, the characters look nice, the gameplay is what looks craptacular. I haven't seen enough of Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus, but it looks promising so far. It's being made by the other half of the MK originators, so I'm not a total MK-hater. I'm still waiting for news of a Soul Calibur 2 release and Virtua Fighter 4 port. I've never played VF4, but I would like to see it. Anyways, MKDA looks bad, but maybe they can prove me wrong. Stranger things have happened ;)

tWoTOMA
11-15-2002, 11:57 PM
ahem...

WHAT??

mortal kombat 1 and 2 were the best 2d fighters ever, period. the jump you spoke of will probably look like that becuase it is a trademark. with a license like this, do you think they would change EVERYTHING?? this game should and will be great.

as for you liking DOA 3, all i can say is...

WHAT??

since you brought up soul calibur, i thought you were a respectful gamer, but when you compared it to the button-mashing-fest that is DOA3, i was appalled! DOA3 takes virtually no skill! it looks beautiful, but the fighting mechanics are poor and the "story" mode has no story!!!! but you are right, you probably wont like mortal kombat, which promises to actually require skill and the use of 3 different move sets.

MK looks great, has an innovated fighting system, great stories, a great lineup of fighters, and who can forget fatalities!? :D

XBX_Junior_XBX
11-16-2002, 12:07 AM
I think Mortal Kombat DA, will rule the fighting genre again. I love MK series and this time i know, that they didn't come to make the same mistake that they did with MK4.

mmattai
11-16-2002, 04:10 AM
Maybe you think DOA3 takes no skill because you and your buddies have no skill in it. I can tell you that a skilled DOA3 player can clean the floor with a button-mashing idiot. They will usually throw their controller down in disgust after having every attack they launch get reversed. The only reason I like DOA3 is because of the reversal system. The characters do need a few more moves. But playing a match with two grapplers against each other is a blast. Or a tag team with all four grapplers (Tina, Bass, Bayman, Leon). DOA3 was a button masher for us at first. But spend some quality time with it and your matches will come down to skill and tactics if you have two very good players. I don't see you being able to change your fighting style as innovative in MK. They suck at hand-to-hand fighting so they threw in some weapons. I'll wait for SC2 for my weapons fighting, thank you very much. Because I doubt it will be handled well at all in MK. Sounds like they will try to cover to many areas and succeed in none. I don't play fighting games for the stories. I play them to kick some @$$. At least SC was innovative in their stories. They had your character be poisoned and made you complete certain goals to win. Now that made the story mode worth playing.

PS: In no way did I compare SC to DOA3.

EdDiE
11-16-2002, 09:07 PM
YEs ur very right i reserved mkda!

Pyro_678
11-17-2002, 01:47 PM
:) Ok First of all DOA3 takes no skill at all the damn game is a fighting game based on damn countering...i beat the game with ease and got all the hidden things like costumes and the one character. Yes i did get Zacks Alien dildo costume and it was too easy the game is no skill at all it has nbothing but beautiful graphics....the games repetitive and it basicly gets down to who can counter the other persons counter......2nd you compared SC2 to MK DA saying you have to have skill for SC2 and that MK DA is going to be a button smasher...well your wrong MK DA is going to take major skill to play i mean over 35 different fighting styles no one can memorize them all and plus weapon based fighting you have to memorize that too theres just no way.....SC2 is a huge button smasher the game takes no skill whats so ever *smash smash smash* wow i wooped the games @ss bah you have no experience the fighting game genre and should stop talking....I mean who the hell compares a game specififcally based on weapon usage to a game that uses hand to hand and weapon based fighting? bah two different fighting games my friend and two different categories they fall into.....I can understand u disliking 4 but dont be so closed minded let the past go and just see what Mk DA is trying to do to the fighting game industry....i mean why would the creators of MK create another game like 4? i would assume they learned from there mistakes and are realeasing a Legendary fighting game that will be a hit for years to come.......But hey i coudl be wrong too it could be a major dissapointment and u could be right but from everythign ive seen adn read its not and i will find out the 19th if it truley is what im hoping it will be......hell i reserved the game a month in advaced sure peopel said i was sick but it paid off i got a 1 out of 10000 subzero coin......so its all good... i just say dont be so closed minded and actually think before u trying to comparea fighting game to one another and try to remeber theres different catagories of fighting games

studepaber
11-17-2002, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the info pyro, I'll be picking this one up Friday and can't wait to hear the infamous "Finish Him!!" phrase on the xbox.

mmattai
11-18-2002, 02:30 AM
Pyro_678, first you ask for ppl to reply even if they have disagreements and then when I do so you jump down my throat and take it personally. I just gave you my honest opinion of what I think MKDA will be like and stated at the end that I hope they prove me wrong. If you didn't want an intelligent conversation on the subject, then you shouldn't have asked for one. Anyways, since I love fighters I will at least give MKDA a rent. And if I do enjoy it, I will be sure to recant my objections and post my jubilation over it the first chance I get. But until then, I will remain skeptical.

Pyro_678
11-18-2002, 09:57 AM
mmattai, i still stand by what i say but i guess it was a little hectic, more mean sounding that i intended, and i apologize for that.. And i too will take back all that i have said if im proven wrong by my purchase of MKDA, but if u think about it i dont think theres any fighting game out there that takes skill....maybe tekken but so far alot of fighting games were button smashers and well MK was one of the first ones to actually trake some skill to pull off fatalities...BU t i still apologize for my ignorance in the other post i didnt mean it to be as mean as it sounds....for your post i see your not ignorant at all and i seem to have almost called you that with my post.....but again i apologize so keep posting and i guess just keep defending your belief untill MK DA is released....again it released tuesday NOV. 19th

mmattai
11-18-2002, 03:20 PM
np Pyro_678. I thought it wasn't going to be released until "Fatality" Friday. But I have read other places stating it ships on the 19th and is for sale on the 20th (my b-day).

I don't understand why ppl take differences of opinion so personally. Sometimes I can see why, because responders attack the poster on a personal level. But whenever I give an opinion I try not to make fun of anybody else's opinion and just state what I honestly feel.

I still have to disagree with your insistance that fighting games don't take skill tho. Somebody who knows how to play a fighting game can, more often than not, take down a button-masher. Reversals aren't exactly easy to pull off. Especially against a skilled opponent who switches up his attacks. I never cared for the Fatalities that much. After I saw them at least once that was good enough for me. And the interactive enviornments add even more strategy to DOA3.

My reservations against MKDA may also be based on the fact that it will be a cross-platform game with nothing extra being brought to the Xbox version. That I know of. I have read reports that SC2 will look better than the Arcade version! But that is only rumor I guess. VF4 is supposed to have a new fighter and arena for the Xbox. And Tao Feng is Xbox Exclusive, so I hold out the most hope for it. Kakuto Chojin is also Xbox Exclusive, but from the gameplay videos I saw before it was released, I expected it to fail to begin with.

studepaber
11-18-2002, 03:54 PM
I never cared for the Fatalities that much.

huh???????....... errrr how else are you gonna show a friend what you think of him? BTW there appears to be lots of unlockable fatalities and maybe.....fatalities with weapons??? one could only wish....

Snoopy7548
11-18-2002, 05:50 PM
i loved the mk series. but i dont think that this game will be really good. it just looks a little boring. and i dont really like that fighting styles thing. and i dont really like weapons in fighting games. the best mk games were the first 3

No Fear 23
11-18-2002, 06:20 PM
im with stupid ^
::

meaning im with snoop
hehelol:)

Snoopy7548
11-18-2002, 06:22 PM
me stupid? thats unpossible

No Fear 23
11-18-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
me stupid? thats unpossible

hehe:)

mother
11-20-2002, 11:46 AM
i dont doubt that mkda will be great, but i am worried about the use of fatalities and babalities. there were getting to be tomany. there is a such thing as overkill. and yes the first 2 mk games were the best, but not the best 2d fighting games. Streetfighter will always hold the spot for greatest 2d fighting game. any street fighter game.

well there was also pitfighter lmao jk

mother

studepaber
11-20-2002, 12:27 PM
I got MKDA yesterday and am somewhat pleaseed with it. To answer the issue about fatalities I haven't seen/read anything about there being animalities, babalities, friendships, etc. but I know each character has at least two fatalities (most of them are pretty bloody as well although some are sorta lame). The game plays somewhat smooth although there seems to be a couple of noticable slowdowns on some levels. As far as the blood there's a setting as to how much gore you want displayed but the blood seems to be more globbed (is that a word?) up rather than splatterred. I like the whole koin collecting system as it gives the game lots of replayability (for single player users) and you can use the koins you collect to unlock over various thing (players, arenas, skins, etc.) from 676 different koffins, cool idea! (although some koffins have NOTHING in them!). Overall is you're into the fighting genre at all give this at least a rent.