PDA

View Full Version : God Bless Target(live)

Game_Geek
11-07-2002, 10:30 AM
I called Target about 20 mins ago to see if they had Live in, and they sure as hell did!!!!! I put my name on one, and went to go pick it up. I was driving 5 mph under speed limit and listing to the Halo soundtrack on the way up.. Got to Target, they had 3 left!!!
Now I'm home rdy to set it up!!!

See ya online!!!

w00t!!!!

:) :)

RudedogX
11-07-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Game_Geek
I called Target about 20 mins ago to see if they had Live in, and they sure as hell did!!!!! I put my name on one, and went to go pick it up. I was driving 5 mph under speed limit and listing to the Halo soundtrack on the way up.. Got to Target, they had 3 left!!!
Now I'm home rdy to set it up!!!

See ya online!!!

w00t!!!!

:) :)

OK...how? Live doesn't come out till the 15th for everyone else does it?

Game_Geek
11-07-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX

OK...how? Live doesn't come out till the 15th for everyone else does it?

Target is selling them early...It was reported first on the TXB forums!!

RudedogX
11-07-2002, 10:39 AM

Target is selling them early...It was reported first on the TXB forums!!

Good to know for those who don't have Live yet.:cool:

JJaX
11-07-2002, 11:18 AM
Word? If targets got it, Ill see you guys online tonight!!!!

But wait......

I dont have any XBL games. :(

XBOX MSSC
11-07-2002, 12:09 PM
it comes with games biiiotch....

RudedogX
11-07-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

But wait......

^^^^What MSSC said.:confused:

You've got Demos that come with it and those will keep you busy for a while.;)

bbchs_trash
11-07-2002, 12:11 PM
As both myself and a friend work at Target, and neither of us have seen any boxes containing any Xbox Live kits. Go try and bull**** somewhere else troll.

Dre
11-07-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

But wait......

MotoGP and Whacked online demos are actually really fun and come with the kit. I got an online Fever demo disc but that hasn't even gone into my box. You gots to hook up with some nfl2k3 so myself and the rest of the general population can whoop on yer ass.

Game_Geek
11-07-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
As both myself and a friend work at Target, and neither of us have seen any boxes containing any Xbox Live kits. Go try and bull**** somewhere else troll.

Target got them last night....EB is receiveing their shippment today, I work there...I'll take pictures... L-O-S-E-R

It was first confirmed at IGN an the Xbox Forums....Check the Vestiblue....

bbchs_trash
11-07-2002, 12:22 PM
You work there but you had to call and ask if they were in when you knew they were? I don't think so... and so far no shipments in the Target I work at... nice of you to post the exact same message at Team Xbox....M-O-R-O-N

Game_Geek
11-07-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
You work there but you had to call and ask if they were in when you knew they were? I don't think so... and so far no shipments in the Target I work at... nice of you to post the exact same message at Team Xbox....M-O-R-O-N

Your stupid.. I you see my sig? I'am Revit_X_man, I was banned a long time ago, but Jeremy-XBA let me back...

I have pictures, I'm resizing them.....

Game_Geek
11-07-2002, 12:35 PM
bbchs_trash your are

http://www.lamer.net/owned-domo2.jpg

RudedogX
11-07-2002, 12:41 PM
That pic looks about right to me.:) So maybe you two should probably check this thread out to relax and enjoy again...

Anger Management (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26784):D

By the way...Game Geek, you still have the old Nintendo chillin' there! How is it still holdin' up?!?:eek:

Game_Geek
11-07-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
That pic looks about right to me.:) So maybe you two should probably check this thread out to relax and enjoy again...

Anger Management (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26784):D

By the way...Game Geek, you still have the old Nintendo chillin' there! How is it still holdin' up?!?:eek:

The NES is showing its age, I tried it last night and the colors are screwed....Thinking about boxing it and buying a "newer" one...

RudedogX
11-07-2002, 12:49 PM

The NES is showing its age, I tried it last night and the colors are screwed....Thinking about boxing it and buying a "newer" one...

Hell...I'm surprised it lasted this long! Enjoy the 'newer' one when you snag it (One box is enough for me right now);)

Leviathon
11-07-2002, 12:51 PM
Only to have a new computer and broadband...

LynxFX
11-07-2002, 12:57 PM
From what I've heard from other boards is that you still can't play the demo versions of Whacked and MotoGP with beta testers...not until the 15th. This is coming from people that tried and failed, not myself personally.

RudedogX
11-07-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
From what I've heard from other boards is that you still can't play the demo versions of Whacked and MotoGP with beta testers...not until the 15th. This is coming from people that tried and failed, not myself personally.

Since they're sending the beta testers out a second version of Live (retail version), I wouldn't doubt this at all!

CrazyCougar
11-07-2002, 01:34 PM
Yes...kits are showing up in the stores.

No...You cannot play them until Xbox LIVE launches officially on November 15.

Beta Testers began receiving the retail disks today....They will be totally set up by next Tuesday for launch.

I am scheduled to receive my disk on Monday.

Game_Geek
11-07-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar
Yes...kits are showing up in the stores.

No...You cannot play them until Xbox LIVE launches officially on November 15.

Beta Testers began receiving the retail disks today....They will be totally set up by next Tuesday for launch.

I am scheduled to receive my disk on Monday.

The only games the work with the Live Kits now(ones in stores) is Sega Sports games...

CrazyCougar
11-07-2002, 01:43 PM
And there ya go. Thanks for clarifying for me Game_Geek.

Brevity
11-07-2002, 02:08 PM
From Team XBOX
http://forum.teamxbox.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=1638226

Game_Geek
11-07-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
From Team XBOX
http://forum.teamxbox.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=1638226

Thanks for posting my pic ;)

CrazyCougar
11-07-2002, 02:18 PM
M$ has responded and told Target to pull it off the shelves! Ooooops!

Game_Geek
11-07-2002, 02:56 PM

Link...If true then whoo hoo I was lucky!!!

carlbme
11-07-2002, 02:57 PM

I was wondering how long that would take.

LynxFX
11-07-2002, 04:21 PM
I was wondering how long that would take.

Yeah I wasn't sure if they had a strict street date for the kit or not. It is a $100,000 fine if you break the street date on a copy of Windows and they ARE strict on that. When win98 got released a compUSA I worked at got fined, and the manager that sold it got canned. Ooops

CrazyCougar
11-07-2002, 04:33 PM
Yes, I worked in a cd manufacturing facilty for 6 years and a Distributon Center for 4 years. And release dates were a strict must follow! EB and Babbages were on the phone with me 24 hours a day it seemed making sure one's shipment didnt go out before the other. They were a pain in my ass!

l Maximus l
11-07-2002, 04:54 PM
November 15th is the launch of XBox Live. By purchasing broadband kit early, they are only good for looking at. They won't work until the 15th.

Personally, I'm more stoked for Unreal Championship arriving in stores on Nov 13th!!

XBOX MSSC
11-07-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Personally, I'm more stoked for Unreal Championship arriving in stores on Nov 13th!!

word. :D

Game_Geek
11-07-2002, 08:56 PM
November 15th is the launch of XBox Live. By purchasing broadband kit early, they are only good for looking at. They won't work until the 15th.

LOL....For the people asking the same questions and not realizing that the answers had already been posted a few times.

I will explain again.

Beta Version Of XBL:

Beta version of NFL Fever2003 - Works NOW
Beta version of MotoGP/Whacked - Works NOW
Retail version of Whacked - Works NOW
Retail (Full) Version of NBA 2k3 - Works NOW
Retail (Full) Version of NFL 2k3 - Works NOW
Retail (Full) Version of Fever2003 - DOES NOT WORK (Will on 11/14)

Retail Version Of XBL:

Retail Demo Version of MotoGP/Whacked - DOES NOT WORK (Will work on 11/14)
Retail (Full) version of Whacked - Works NOW
Retail (Full) Version of NBA 2k3 - Works NOW
Retail (Full) Version of NFL 2k3 - Works NOW
Retail (Full) Version of Fever2003 - DOES NOT WORK (Will work on 11/14)

This might help

Discretion
11-07-2002, 09:13 PM
Yes, but the beta servers ONLY WORK. You cant use the main ones till Nov 15th

Game_Geek
11-07-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Discretion
Yes, but the beta servers ONLY WORK. You cant use the main ones till Nov 15th

They work thats good enough for me....

Discretion
11-07-2002, 09:59 PM
They do? Im surprised. I think MS is gonna bust down on these stores because the trush is MS has a release date and it will end up back firing. check xbox.com. its counted down

Game_Geek
11-07-2002, 10:15 PM
They do? Im surprised. I think MS is gonna bust down on these stores because the trush is MS has a release date and it will end up back firing. check xbox.com. its counted down

How will it back fire, granted some peeps might think that the Live service doesn't work, because the demos don't work, but NFL 2k3 does work with my retail kit.... I've heard that MS called Target and they(target) pulled XBL from the shelves....I got lucky:D

Discretion
11-07-2002, 10:20 PM
Like u said. Target might of had to pull them. It backfired if its true

PapaSKooT
11-09-2002, 11:15 PM
Target might of had to pull them.

nope. I just went 3-4 hours ago, and i just got off XBL :)

BTW: demo disks in retail version work :)

l Maximus l
11-10-2002, 02:25 AM
This thread makes me dizzy :eek:

PapaSKooT
11-10-2002, 10:02 AM
This thread makes me dizzy :eek:

Itll be ok, Max, just keep both feet on the ground and your seat in an upright position. :confused:

TegSkywalker
11-10-2002, 10:40 AM
I was driving 5 mph under speed limit and listing to the Halo soundtrack on the way up..

HA! Gotta love rushing to a store for a video game while listening to a video game soundtrack in the car to "prep you up" for the hot new item.

:sigh: the memories :cool: