PDA

View Full Version : Who got an X today?

Bible Of Boxing
11-15-2001, 07:02 PM
Luck is the word! I never made a reserve for the XBOX, but I figured I would eventually get it. Well, I called funcoland last night trying to see if I could get lucky. They said that they are getting 10 extra systems, and that I called be put on a list ($$ free) but that there are about 50 people on the list, so they put me on it. Well, I thought the chances are very slim, but today earlier today I called again. This time, they told me that they were going to call in random order. At about 4:30 today they called saying they have 1 left and its first come first serve, and luckly I made it on time and got it. Talk about luck, no reserve, no waiting outside for X amount of time, and still got it on the first day. Hell, last year I put a reserve on PS2 about a year ahead of time and they called me like a month after it came out to pick it up. Anyway, who else got an XBOX and how? Oh, I bought two controllers and Halo & Gothem Racing.

l Maximus l
11-15-2001, 07:04 PM
I camped starting at 5:30pm last night and was first in line when the store opened this morning at 7:00am. I'm whiped out, but, it was well worth it :D Coincidentally, I also bought a second controller, Halo, and PGR :D Nice taste, pal :p

Oh yeah, I also ended up purchasing the Advanced AV Pack since I have an S-Video TV

Azimiza-XBA
11-15-2001, 07:17 PM
Maximus, everyone knows you're the happiest of all.

If I knew in real life, I would've camped out with you.

Bible Of Boxing
11-15-2001, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I camped starting at 5:30pm last night and was first in line when the store opened this morning at 7:00am. I'm whiped out, but, it was well worth it :D Coincidentally, I also bought a second controller, Halo, and PGR :D Nice taste, pal :p

Oh yeah, I also ended up purchasing the Advanced AV Pack since I have an S-Video TV

What is the AV pack? Is it because of the back of your tv? Also, man it just shows how lucky I was, you camped out. How do you like Halo, I think it's great! Also, I only tested Phantom Racing out for a few minutes because most of the cars were locked, and I wanted to test out Halo... The graphics in PRacing are also great.

Bible Of Boxing
11-15-2001, 09:42 PM
Next thing I'll probably buy is a memory card.