PDA

View Full Version : Does paintball and xbox mix?

scarecrow kfj
11-07-2002, 01:53 PM
I was thinking of what a wonderful scenario HALO would make for paintball. Three teams, the flood , the covnent, and of course master cheif and the gi's. I was wondering what some fellow XBA's had to say. PLease in your responce stat if you have ever played paintball or not. How far would you be willing and able to travel for something like this if Bungie or Xbox helped support the scenario. Thanks

ThomasHun
11-07-2002, 01:56 PM
You talking real life or in the game?

CrazyCougar
11-07-2002, 01:56 PM
I play paintball several times every fall. It's a blast and intense as it is. I don't see the need for anything relating to Halo. Paintball is just kewl in itself. Depending on what field you are playing on it can get totally INTENSE!

We have a local paintball field with 11 different scenarios. I have also played at Sgt. Peppers.

scarecrow kfj
11-07-2002, 02:08 PM
I am refering to treal life. scenario games can get lots of players some games can range from 600-1200 players on acres of fields. Oh and I wasnt stating that they had to mix but if people would be interested in the game and attending. I wanted just to see how many people who have not played would be interested as well as how many people who have played would be interested. They do scenarios off of movies and other games, off of movies, reall battles so I sarted thinking that this might be a great idea.

Batman2372
11-07-2002, 04:54 PM
I'm a former tourney player (last tournament World Cup '99), but I've never played a scenario game. Never could get into that, was too busy practicing. Maybe now would be a good time to start...

I've heard of stupider (is that a word?) scenarios. Wouldn't hurt to try. But organizing a scenario is a huge task, and to be done right, you have know what you're doing.

Reclaimer
11-07-2002, 07:34 PM
I play and I think that it would be interesting to say the least.
The logistics of organizing the thing would be a nightmre though. I read about scenario style events and they seems to work pretty well. But good luck coordinating a game where you expect over 100 particpants. These people will need a good place to stay, eat, toilet Then you need the obligatory medical arrangements. Plus all these people will need CO2 and paintballs. Rest assured some people will show up without and you need to consider reloads. No one will come if you don't sell paint at the site. You will need a lot of CO2 if there's is going to be alot of people. Then there's legal liabilities and you need a ton of judges and staff. All terrain vehicles and site security for overnight events and a place to park. I personally wouldn't drive out of the state of TX to particpate in something like this. But someone might.

It's a good idea, but a lot to ponder in the meantime.

scarecrow kfj
11-07-2002, 07:58 PM
I waas just wondering what people would think. I suggested the idea to both Bungie as well as challenge Park. Both are basicly neighbors and I figured it would be a good promotion idea for MS. Oh well

# 1 Stunner
11-07-2002, 08:11 PM
yea ive played paintball before and i think this would be kool to have it set up like halo

POD13259
11-07-2002, 09:06 PM
It would take a lot of effort to get it organized, but it would still be pretty cool.

NINE BREAKER
11-07-2002, 09:52 PM
Hell yeah! I'm the captain of a three man tourney team, Spinal Tapp, and we also play scenerio games. I love paintball and Xbox and would surely travel to play, say a 48 hour HALO based game, hell I traveled to the IAO from here in Kansas, now that was a drive.

I also think a game based in tourney and scenerio paintball would great, but haven't heard anything yet.:( Yeah setting up this game would be difficult, time consuming, and a bit $$$, but is a great idea none-the-less.

scarecrow kfj
11-08-2002, 08:16 AM
Thank you all for th positive feedback. Hopefuly I will here something back from them soon. If this does go off I am thinking maybe the event could be scheduled just before halo2 release. Maybe have the storey line match halo2 s a little bit. Get people ready and excited for the game. Plus I think the age group of ballers out there is pretty much theage group MS goes after with the XBOX.