PDA

View Full Version : What every game must have...

Highlite23
11-07-2002, 04:15 PM
In this day and age of gaming i'm sure i'm not the only one in awe of some of the fantastic games out and around the corner.

Unfortunatlly i feel that some "Basic" game necesities are missing in some games today.

What 2 "Must Have" features should be in ALL games.

My Features...

#2-Muti-player<Every game has the ability to incorporate some sort of multi-player action. At bare minimum, split screen or Sys. Link.

#1-An adequate "Save" system. With todays technology why do i need to start from the begining of a level if i die? Checkpoints are ok, but give me a break.

LynxFX
11-07-2002, 04:25 PM
If we are talking Xbox I would say:

1. Widescreen support
2. Live support (if any multiplayer mode exists)
I don't think every game needs to be multiplayer. There can be great games that are a sole user experience.

l Maximus l
11-07-2002, 04:56 PM
I'm with Lynxfx...I'm wish XBox required all games to be in Widescreen and produce a minimum resolution of 720p :D

Zion
11-07-2002, 05:31 PM
1) Widescreen, with customizeable split screen options.

2) Dolby 5.1 audio.

3) Custom soundtracks.

DZNUTZ
11-07-2002, 05:41 PM
violence
drugs
alcohol
nudity

and yea..what u guys said.

xboxmaster2002
11-07-2002, 05:58 PM
downloadable content

FuNkY mOnK
11-07-2002, 07:14 PM
Virtual reality.

Hugh_Jass
11-08-2002, 12:04 PM
1) Solid single-player experience
2) 720p+

DIGITAL
11-08-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
violence
drugs
alcohol
nudity

and yea..what u guys said. couldnt agree more:)

bbchs_trash
11-08-2002, 12:07 PM
I find more and more often that games fall of their mark in the thing they were originally intended to do...

Let you have fun!

There are a lot of games that hit the shelves nowadays that just aren't fun. For example:

I bough Test Drive, yet the game we played most on this was Pong multi-player. You don't need great graphics to have fun... but you definately need to let people have fun...

Ethereal S. D.
11-08-2002, 04:42 PM
For me... it's all about gameplay. If i find it fun, then great! And if i find it boring, then I spend my time (while playing at the same time) finding glitches and model/rendering errors or looking at dead bodies (mmmm food).

The golden rule for a video game is:
(drumroll please)

Thy game shalt have a multiplayer option whereas thine be divine button smashing fun thee whole time. Thy game shalt have healthy competion and be capable to make tournaments on thee fly. Thy game shalt be noisy with gunshots, profanities and explosions. And above all, no lag with thy framerate no matter how messy thine make it.

Casper
11-08-2002, 05:03 PM
I agree with Lynx and DZ....

But nobody said Soundtrack support? :confused:

Mercury
11-08-2002, 07:15 PM
Soundtrack support is a must.
The save features are up to the developers. What they feel is best. I don't want to play any game where all I have to do is save every minute so if I die I just load back in my game from a minute ago. Oh ya, that's fun! :rolleyes:

That's why some games don't let you save until the end of the level. It gives the game a sense of tension. It makes you nervous and tense trying not to die. It's what we can fun. It's a challenge.

l Maximus l
11-09-2002, 12:47 AM
Personally, I think every XBox game should come with a half rack of beer :D

SPARTAN VI
11-09-2002, 12:53 AM
I think every XBOX game should come with a .....

CABBAGE!