PDA

View Full Version : 2 quick questions

Mace-Windu
11-07-2002, 07:35 PM
I have had Morrowind for some time now and have done the main quest in all. But, I have one problem; I can't enchant items. I soul trapped a golden saint and have a daedric tower shield to be enchanted. I tried to enchant it but it broke them gem so I tried another time and whenever I try to use it, it tells me I have failed to cast the spell. All of my "abilities" are at 100 and my enchant is somewhere between 50 and 60. Do I need more enchant? Or am I not doing it correctly?

Next, I have joined House Hlaalu and have done all the missions until the stronghold. I asked the guy in Balmora about it so I did what he told me. When I went back to him he told me construction on me stronghold will begin any day. So I go back to Crassius Curio and he tells me I need a stronghold. So again, I go back to Balmora and the guy tells me the same thing as before. Am I supposed to do something in my stronghold because I don't even know where it is?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
I thank you!

mmattai
11-08-2002, 03:18 AM
1) Even with an Intelligence Attribute of 100 and Enchantment Skill of 100, you will be mildly successful at making 20-30 point enchantments. If you're looking to completely max enchant a Daedric Tower Shield, then you're gonn have to pay an Enchanter, or do the potion thing. The potion thing is where you drink A LOT of Fortify Intelligence potions until your Intelligence is really high. About 2000 to 3000. I usually just pay an Enchanter since it's much easier and I have too much money anyways. But to make the potion you will need two of the following three ingredients and some Alchemy Equipment: Ash Yam, Bloat and Netch Leather. Or you could find a Merchant who sells Fortify Intelligence potions.

2) I'm not part of House Hlaalu, sorry. I belong to Great House Telvanni. But I believe the Hlaalu Stronghold is South of Balmora. Not very far. It's Odai Plateau on the map that came with the game.

Dulacc
11-10-2002, 09:56 AM
In making a stronghold, you usually have to wait about 5 days for things to change. Basically, after construction starts and about 5 days have passed, you'll get a random journal update. The update will say something like, 'I should ask so and so about the progress on my stronghold.' Then you check in with the construction guy(I believe Hlaalu's is in Balmora), and he'll give you an update and a quest, I believe. Then you do the quest, and after you complete it, you have to wait 5 more days, until your journal updates, again.

EHWfedPres
11-10-2002, 03:02 PM
The easiest way to enchant to to have an enchanter do it for you...may cost a huge amount of money, but its worth it.

Mace-Windu
11-12-2002, 05:42 PM
The problem is not that I the I can't enchant; it is that the enchantments never work. How do I get my enchantments to summon a golden saint? Because it never gives me that option even though I have it soul trapped. And when I do get an enchantment right it doesn't cast.

Dulacc
11-13-2002, 05:54 AM
Once you have successfully enchanted something, you use the item just like a spell.