PDA

View Full Version : This is not good news for SEGA

Heavens Gate
11-08-2002, 08:18 AM
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/376/376646p1.html

I don't know why. Their games are incredible

GokuX
11-08-2002, 08:35 AM
They got a little over confident. It happens, but in the business world it costs a ton money.

Ninja Scroll
11-08-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
They got a little over confident. It happens, but in the business world it costs a ton money.

You sure it was a lil GokuX? I think selling 300,000 overall NFL2K3 games compared to their expected 1.5 million if very over confident.

And shoot, I thought this was da year for NFL2K3, but they did not market it right.
Those commercials were aight, but never showed off da games killer visuals.
And da same goes for NBA2K3. It's da greatest basketball game ever, but dat commercial sucks they have out.
Just look at EA's! They have several nice NBA LIVE TV ads, even though their b-ball franchise is garbage.

See needs to fire whomever is in charge and start all over.

Or just stop da bleeding and allow M$ to buy dem,.. it will eventually happen if this continues.

Sega has not had a pofitable year since da early 90's when Sonic 2 & Genesis were da 16-bit console to own.:(

Jacob
11-08-2002, 09:13 AM
JSRF is an awesome game.
There football game should of sold more, from everything I hear about it on the xbox that it is actually better than Fever.

I don't like Madden cause no online support.

GokuX
11-08-2002, 09:51 AM
I kinda think Sega needs to do some new things if they want to reach further into the mainstream than they are now. They're resurrecting old franchise via games like Shenmue 2, Pazer Dragoon Orta, HOD 3, TJ & E 3, Shinobi, Crazy Taxi 3, etc. These will appeal to gamers who are already familiar with Sega and of course they're gonna love em, but those not familiar with the old titles won't have nostalgia to "gloss over" the faults, etc. in all these games that earn them low scores. It's time for a change. I dunno whats on the horizon for Sega since I really don't keep tabs on what they're developing, but something new and fresh would be nice.

DIGITAL
11-08-2002, 10:00 AM
i think sega still kicks ass ,i liked that panzer demo more then splinter cell,i think this is a good think for microsoft,if thy just bought sega!

Ninja Scroll
11-08-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
I kinda think Sega needs to do some new things if they want to reach further into the mainstream than they are now. They're resurrecting old franchise via games like Shenmue 2, Pazer Dragoon Orta, HOD 3, TJ & E 3, Shinobi, Crazy Taxi 3, etc. These will appeal to gamers who are already familiar with Sega and of course they're gonna love em, but those not familiar with the old titles won't have nostalgia to "gloss over" the faults, etc. in all these games that earn them low scores. It's time for a change. I dunno whats on the horizon for Sega since I really don't keep tabs on what they're developing, but something new and fresh would be nice.

I dont agree with you on this one GokuX. Awhile back when Saturn & Dreamcast were around everyone was saying how much Sega would succeed if they brought back da classic franchises.
Now dat they have given da kids what they want, peeps are still b!tchen.:rolleyes:

I say bring back Streets Of Rage series and continue to milk out top series ala Sonic (without all da stupid Chaos & lead characters), as well as better marketing. It's all about marketing, Sega has da software.
They are doing just what M$ is going with Xbox,... poor marketing.

GokuX
11-08-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

I dont agree with you on this one GokuX. Awhile back when Saturn & Dreamcast were around everyone was saying how much Sega would succeed if they brought back da classic franchises.
Now dat they have given da kids what they want, peeps are still b!tchen.:rolleyes:

True true. Though I think Sega fails to deliver on re-tooled sequels. IMO Sonic CD was they're greatest creation. That's how a game should evolve, not the way most of they're other franchises have gone. Perhaps they need to take a note from Nintendo on how to successfully carry a franchise through multiple iterations.

Afro Aura
11-08-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
I say bring back Streets Of Rage series and continue to milk out top series ala Sonic (without all da stupid Chaos & lead characters), as well as better marketing. It's all about marketing, Sega has da software.
They are doing just what M$ is going with Xbox,... poor marketing.

yep bring Streets of Rage back on the scene
And why do you think Segas deal with the XBOX a poor deal?

chili325
11-08-2002, 02:09 PM
Think about it this way. If sega has some trouble in the future financially, a company like msft or sony has a good chance to get the franchise completely exclusive. We know that xbox wont let sony get sega, so maybe this will help us.

Discretion
11-08-2002, 02:24 PM
I expected this. Well, sort of. Let's look at the good things and bad things. Madden NFL 2003 doesn't support XBOX LIVE but NFL 2k3 does... Weird? Well, and Madden is still doing better. Personally, I prefer Madden 03 over any football game. So, it comes to no shock for me. It's just, Sega is too confident. JSRF failed in their eyes. So did NFL 2k3... Any word on Sega GT 2002? I don't know but it look's bad

Bigwig
11-08-2002, 02:34 PM
I agree Madden 2003 is better then 2k3 but I think Sega has the better baskeyball and baseball games and EA still gets them there too.

robnyack
11-08-2002, 03:58 PM
SEGA needs to not panic, and continue what it's doing.....and that is making games that are TOPS in their genre. NFL2k3 is unquestionably, the best pro football game in 2003. I've never read a review that said any different, and I own both games and while Madden 2003 is pretty dam good, 2K3 is w/o a doubt the overall superior game.

Problem is, Madden is so entrenched and has such a lock on the market, that even if you put out a superior product, it's going to have a tough time going up against the giant. What it will take is time....just stay the course and keep putting out a superior product, and slowly word will get out.

Kinda like Xbox and ps2, ain't it?