PDA

View Full Version : The hype?

Shop Vac Wiser
11-08-2002, 08:57 AM
There was no hype for metalgear solid substance, why not? Its a great game with new everything in it.

Highlite23
11-08-2002, 09:11 AM
I never played the PS2 version, but got my copy last night and played for an hour or so before bed.

Yes, it's a great game, the camera system takes a little getting used to but i like the stealth, but it's a port. The extras are VR missions and "Snake Tales" plus you can play as different charecters. I wonder how all that rain and stuff would have looked if this was an XBOX built game........hmmmmmm?

Don't get me wrong, I like this game alot.

Why no hype?? To be honest ...the Splinter Cell demo alone has killed MGS2:S, it's out next week. The choice comes up every day in our store and Splinter Cell wins every time.

PS2 port with PS2 graphics

OR

XBOX exclusive (Temporary), with XBOX graphics, not to mention PS2 is gonna have a problem pulling this game off, it's just not going to do it justice.

As this new crop of games comes out that have been built with XBOX in mind, the PS2's short commings are going to be more noticable.

scarecrow kfj
11-08-2002, 11:03 AM
The ame got a lot of hype a while ago but it took forever to come out. And than it decides to come just before splinter cell. Splinter Cell will be taking most of the hype factor for a while. If MG would havecome out at least some what closer to the P2 version it would have had a lot more but to basicly come out a year later with not all that much more special ( in the way of graphics and that) its just going to be a game you either stoil want or dont.

Ultron-9
11-08-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by scarecrow kfj
....it took forever to come out. And then it decides to come just before splinter cell.

N'uff said.