PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 2003: More like 01 or 02

Keltiks
11-08-2002, 03:26 PM
I've been a long time fifa fan and I was wondering if 2003 is more like 2001 or 2002 because there were alot different.

Keltiks
11-13-2002, 05:31 PM
Is this game even on the market yet?
No one has reviewed it or spoke about it on this website.

stilly
11-14-2002, 07:17 AM
i have, i got it 2 weeks ago, played it every night untill i got blinx.(damn u blinx, far to addictive) forget every other fifa, this is the greatest one ever, in fact it's more in line with iss 98 on the n64 in game play, no more stupid red trails when a blinding shot is unleashed, no more stupid curved shots, none of that star player cack. everything is better, i had to double check it really was a E.A fifa game. you can't create a player, you can't create your own team, you get about 7 proper leagues, and around 10,000 players, loads modes, cups, seasons, friendly, custom cups. believe me if your mad about footie, and own an xbox, untill we get pro ev, this will do nicely.

dronezero
11-14-2002, 04:28 PM
Are they acutual leagues (which ones?) and players or are they made up? That ****es me off that they did not include a create a player or team. :mad:

salmiak
11-15-2002, 03:55 AM
All the main european leagues are there except the dutch league (anyone know why that is?). All the players are real and if they are from one of the top clubs they actually look like the players (not like old fifa where it was one of a few basic haristyles, etc but actually like the players! there is a lack of out of game features like practise. i also liked the indoor arena of some of the older fifa games. who cares that you cant create players, that makes the game more unrealisitc, wouldnt you prefer to have all real players? only criticism of that is that some of the players rating are a little strange in my mind. the fact that zidane only get like 90/100 when other guys are rated higher is a bit weird. still, the best soccer game ever produced, 9.5/10

dronezero
11-30-2002, 10:34 PM
who cares that you cant create players, that makes the game more unrealisitc, wouldnt you prefer to have all real players?

Yea I like to create the team that I play for (of course I have to make them better than in real life) though and pit them against the various clubs.

BTW I also really enjoyed the indoor mode of the earlier fifa's and wish they would bring it back.

Leviathon
12-02-2002, 09:24 AM
I bought FIFA 2003 with much anticipation, knowing already that it did not have create-a-player and teams. And I took it back to EB games after 3 days and got Splinter Cell. Why? I love soccer and have played for years and have always been a fan of the FIFA games.

FIFA 2003 has great gameplay, great graphics. But nothing else other than a ton-o-teams and players. Put the game in and play a game. That's it. I want more in game. Like Madden or Fever where there is franchise modes. I want something that will submerse the player in the realism of the total sport, not just the game itself. Maybe EA will get it right in 2004.

The game IMO did have some AI flaws as well. Still not perfect.