PDA

View Full Version : Those who review

Fozzledink
11-08-2002, 06:05 PM
I'm beginning to notice how worthless the reviews section has become. sooooo many goames (almost all) have in the 4.6-4.9 why??? because people are ot properly or accurately rating these games....those who rate them are either fan boys who are so pumpedabout the game that they right the review with bias. or they are just a bunch of ps2 punks and hate anything with green and black (on a side note those kids get nothing but a giant middle finger from me).....but to those who like the xbox...these reviews are rendered worthless.....on every game (give or take) you get .."this was the best game EVER!!!1" or "this game sucked..it sucked because it was retarted..blah blah flippin blah" im sayin wait until youve had the game for a good month or two or at least beaten it by the time you write these reviews....its making it harder and harder to decide what games are worth buying...do not take this whole thing in a manner of which im trying to lash out at you all .. i just think we need to quit throwin around and giving out 5.0's like candy..see where im coming from...(BTW i wouldnt **** on either ps2 or gamecube to put out a fire ..im all about the big green and black)

Highlite23
11-09-2002, 09:17 AM
Valid points, but reviews are still opinions.

If someone is that excited about a game, well, it's gonna get 5's.

I think the problem is most who review, myself included in the begining, only reviewed games they had and liked, but never took the time to review the ones they didn't like.

I definettly agree with playing a game for a substancial amount of time before posting a review.

And, no matter what you will always have worthless comments and reviews in an "open" forum. Although the mods do a good job of eliminating the completlly useless ones.

Bottom line...judge a game for yourself.;)

Fozzledink
11-09-2002, 06:10 PM
I completely agree with you man.. the only thing i disagree with is that im not trying to say "dont give youre opinion" because you think it's the best game ever... im just sayin that we should all wait for that initial "i just got it" high to come down before we right a review...

Fozzledink
11-09-2002, 06:12 PM
while were on the topis...everytime i check ou ta review for shenmue its either the best game or the worst game ever..so....giving the circumstances that i love in depth games..mostly fightin an rpg's.....would i dig it..especially asking because i never played the first one??

EHWfedPres
11-09-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Fozzledink
while were on the topis...everytime i check ou ta review for shenmue its either the best game or the worst game ever..so....giving the circumstances that i love in depth games..mostly fightin an rpg's.....would i dig it..especially asking because i never played the first one??

Its funny you mention rpg's...considering Shenmue isnt one...

Fozzledink
11-09-2002, 11:40 PM
i dont know what kind of gasme it is thats why i was asking.... i was telling him what kinds i liked...

JGennaro
11-10-2002, 01:11 PM
Well, Shenmue isn't really in any "category" because it's the only game of its type...it isn't an rpg like some reviewers claim...it's an exploration/cinematographic story driven masterpiece in my opinion...it's quite difficult to describe but I don't think that you would be disappointed..I think it's a very awesome game and I suggest you give it a try..see how you like it..just my 2 cents.

:cool:

Fozzledink
11-10-2002, 01:26 PM
cool thanks bro

natewebb
11-12-2002, 03:02 PM
take a look at average review score they give. Of the top 25 reviewers, only a couple give an average below 3.5. I guess you have to ignore the numbers and read the comments.