PDA

View Full Version : My XBOX launch experience

netranger6
11-15-2001, 11:49 PM
Got a bundle with Halo, DOA3, Munch, and Advanced AV pack, DVD remote.

First: The video quality is outstanding. Using S-video connection on 36" Trinitron. Sound rocks, using Sony speakers system.

Second: Halo, first level was not so hard, of course had it on easy to get used to controls, which took about 5 minutes and I was fine. Am restarting on harder setting. Graphics were o.k. on first level, but come the second, after crash landing, man, what a freakin piece of art! The gameplay, visuals, sounds, AI, are astonishing. I shot down one of the Convenant planes, and when it crashed, right in front of me, some alien was ejected, like right in my face. So far, I have just gotten to the point where I met up with my marine squad and we are smoking the aliens as they are being dropped off at the launch site thinggy. Anyway, was too excited and went to next game...

DOA3, what can I say, beutiful.

Munch..I like it, very creative, fluid, exacting controls. ****ed my wife off because she can't get ahold of the fact that thet joystick is analog and pressure sensitive. She can't make a jump across platforms. I, had no prob.

The interface rocks! Controller rocks!! This is the bomb! Anyone seen the Colin Mccrae Rally photos yet? That is the potential our box has!! Sony better beware, and Nintendo can't shake a stick.

Best $$ I've spent in a long time. Been saving it for this purpose for over a year and a half.