11-08-2002, 11:24 PM
I say master chief.

Knight
11-10-2002, 10:16 AM
Master chief & all the DOA girls!

Hugh_Jass
11-10-2002, 12:10 PM
Master Chief cannot be a mascot for two reasons:

1) A mascot must have a silhouette that immediately identifies the character. Master Chief is just a suit of body armor. It could be anybody.

2) A mascot must have personality. Master Chief has none.

A suitable mascot for XBOX has not emerged. The third criteria is to be the star of a highly successful game. You need all three criteria for a mascot to emerge.

A mascot is not appointed. It is chosen by the gamers through sales.

It would also be good if the mascot came from a first-party title.

I would say the next promising contender is TORK, coming in the Spring of 2003.

http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/tork/sim-tork-0017.jpg

LINK TO TORK INFO (http://www.xbox.com/tork/default.htm?cs_catalog=cat%2dus)

Laxeph
11-10-2002, 01:05 PM
It does have to be first party. People argue that Donkey Kong along with Mario was N64 mascot and DK is made by Rare. Also Crash Bandicoot wasn't made by Sony CEA, I'm not sure who made it, but that was PSones mascot. I think that Abe or Munch would make a good mascot. Just my opinion, though.

xboxmaster2002
11-10-2002, 01:08 PM
PS2 had Crash Bandicoot
GC has Mario
but wasnt raven and her robot like the un oficial mascots?

Qbas
11-10-2002, 03:07 PM
Well i don't think Xbox has a mascot at this time, but it will have recognicable mascot when time passes on :)

Dark Enemy
11-10-2002, 03:11 PM
if they make splinter cell exclusive for xbox than that guy can be the mascot. otherwise ill say its mastercheif.

Liquid Gears
11-10-2002, 03:45 PM
Master Cheif for sure. I mean Halo got all the hipe up for the XBox release.

Koopa
11-10-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Laxeph
It does have to be first party. People argue that Donkey Kong along with Mario was N64 mascot and DK is made by Rare. Also Crash Bandicoot wasn't made by Sony CEA, I'm not sure who made it, but that was PSones mascot. I think that Abe or Munch would make a good mascot. Just my opinion, though.

donkey kong was first made by nintendo..they later let rare borrow the characters for their games...kinda of like how capcom made those zelda oracle games on GBA, and how camelot made mario tennis/golf, and how sega is making fzero GC, and how rare made starfox adventures, and how namco is making another starfox game:D

SPARTAN VI
11-10-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
[B]Master Chief cannot be a mascot for two reasons:

1) A mascot must have a silhouette that immediate identifies the character. Master Chief is just a suit of body armor. It could be anybody.

2) A mascot must have personality. Master Chief has none.

A suitable mascot for XBOX has not emerged. The third criteria is to be the star of a highly successful game. You need all three criteria for a mascot to emerge.

A mascot is not appointed. It is chosen by the gamers through sales.

It would also be good if the mascot came from a first-party title.

I would say the next promising contender is TORK, coming in the Spring of 2003.

Hell, Master Chief's armor is all u need... he doesn't need a personality, he's kinda a military cyborg...:rolleyes: He's cool, tough, strong, fast, and a killing machine... and if you've noticed all of those also describe the XBOX. :D

But, since Halo seems like it's going to the PC, he might not be the best choice... though Master Chief in MJOLNIR Mark VI armor (HALO 2 armor, see sig) would be bad @$$.:cool:

fowlowl
11-11-2002, 02:13 PM
Master Chief is the perfect Xbox mascot for other reasons than Halo just being so damn good.

Just think about it. He's big and green, complementing the XBOX perfectly.

Leviathon
11-11-2002, 02:35 PM
I say to all who will hear, let it be Master Chief.

I am tired of Crash, Sonic. And I don't want some Blinx cat either.

I would want something that is all xbox, green and mean....

Master Chief...

LynxFX
11-11-2002, 04:25 PM
I say Toof from Whacked!.
http://xbox.gamezone.com/images/s19801_XB_5.jpg

He has plenty of character and is easily identified by a silhouette. Of course now he just needs his own game which with his appetite should be easy.

tWoTOMA
11-11-2002, 07:18 PM
Master Chief. Xbox has always been geared towards a more mature audience, see BMX XXX uncensored, DOA Volleyball, etc. We don't need anythng cute and cuddly beuase no that isn't MS's target demographic. Halo is our best game, it was a launch game, and Master Chief is immediately recognizable.

I think Xbox is a big green badass machine, just like the Chief.

oddworld20-3000
11-11-2002, 10:14 PM
Say Master Chief or Munch from Oddworld.

Hugh_Jass
11-12-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I say Toof from Whacked!.
He has plenty of character and is easily identified by a silhouette. Of course now he just needs his own game which with his appetite should be easy.

Who owns Toof now that Presto is out of business?

skysaw
11-12-2002, 08:35 AM
XBox does not need a goofy cartoon character to sell. That's for systems that need a gimick. All XBox needs to do is show actual game footage in their commercials, and it sells.

Fozzledink
11-12-2002, 11:32 AM
..how could it not be master chief.......the idea behind him is that he's green and black .......he doesnt run his mouth...and he kills anything he sees that poses a threat .....not to mention he dont take crap from anything.....screw that whole shadow thing...xbox is breakin all the rules i think it should break that one.

LynxFX
11-12-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
Who owns Toof now that Presto is out of business?
I'm not sure, there is no mention of who got all the rights on presto's old website. I'd assume that Microsoft owns the rights now since Microsoft Game Studios is the one that published the game. It is "Only on Xbox" so that would make sense.

Tork looks interesting as well.

Only reason why I wouldn't go with Master Cheif is because he is more of an ambassador to the Xbox rather than a mascot. BTW, mascots can appeal to all ages and demographics. Just because they are cartoons doesn't mean they have to be for children.