PDA

View Full Version : Do you recommend to buy Unreal Championship 2003?



Leo
11-09-2002, 05:48 PM
Do you recommend to buy Unreal Championship 2003?

robnyack
11-09-2002, 06:07 PM
of course!

aircobra
11-09-2002, 06:12 PM
it isn't called Unreal Championship 2003, just Unreal Championship. and are u sure your old enough to play that kind of game?

WeeMan
11-09-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by aircobra
it isn't called Unreal Championship 2003, just Unreal Championship. and are u sure your old enough to play that kind of game?
maybe he's talkin about unreal tourniment 2003 :eek:

Leo
11-09-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by WeeMan

maybe he's talkin about unreal tourniment 2003 :eek:

No I talking about Unreal Championship for Xbox.http://storage.bwgame.com/intrepid/2_05.jpg

ventullo1
11-09-2002, 06:44 PM
Unreal has always been a great title and will most likely be unbelievable on xbox because well Xbox owns all :eek:

Mercury
11-09-2002, 07:01 PM
I've been reading that it isn't so good.

l Maximus l
11-09-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Mercury
I've been reading that it isn't so good.

Any FPS fan will love Unreal Championship. If they are not addicted to Halo, like many of us are, then, they probably will think of this as just "another game".

I play Halo almost every single day on XBConnect...and hundreds of other people do, too. On XBConnect, there are atleast 200+ people on-line at any given time of the day and Gamespy has over 600+ nearly every day at any time, practically.

These type of hardcore FPS fans will soak up Unreal Championship for all it's worth...and that includes me :D

I can't wait for UC!!!

smack119
11-09-2002, 08:22 PM
Leo maybe you could write me a guide for it???

mitchrules1
11-09-2002, 08:25 PM
ya pick it up, but if you have a choice i say pick up unreal tourny for pc, its an aweosme online game as well as single player

Dre
11-09-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA


Any FPS fan will love Unreal Championship. If they are not addicted to Halo, like many of us are, then, they probably will think of this as just "another game".

I play Halo almost every single day on XBConnect...and hundreds of other people do, too. On XBConnect, there are atleast 200+ people on-line at any given time of the day and Gamespy has over 600+ nearly every day at any time, practically.

These type of hardcore FPS fans will soak up Unreal Championship for all it's worth...and that includes me :D

I can't wait for UC!!!

Doesn't change the fact that its been getting crappy reviews though. Hopefully the kinks will be fixed via downloadable patches or what not on XBL. I haven't read any of these "bad" reviews personally, so I can't really comment on them, but I think I remember hearing that the controls were sort of clunky and that your guy didn't react exactly the way you wanted him to. Control issues are something that no matter how much of a hardcore FPS fan you might be will still irritate the hell out of you. Especially if you are playing on XBL were everything is all that more intense.

MerimacHamwich
11-09-2002, 08:29 PM
For the average gamer who owns a PC and an xbox UC is a better buy than UT2003. UC allows you to play on xbox live with a communicator you get when you sign up. The pc version you can type or else get the Microsoft headset (i have) and you can talk. However, in order to talk with it you have to go through alot of technical stuff. Sooo, I think that UC is a better buy. You don't have to customize anything. It will pretty much all be set up for you and ready to go.

l Maximus l
11-09-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Dre


Doesn't change the fact that its been getting crappy reviews though. Hopefully the kinks will be fixed via downloadable patches or what not on XBL. I haven't read any of these "bad" reviews personally, so I can't really comment on them, but I think I remember hearing that the controls were sort of clunky and that your guy didn't react exactly the way you wanted him to. Control issues are something that no matter how much of a hardcore FPS fan you might be will still irritate the hell out of you. Especially if you are playing on XBL were everything is all that more intense.

You see, I have heard to the contrary. I heard that the control scheme on it was unbelievable (in a very positive way) and that the only "bug" they needed to fix was to increase the frame rate 10 more frame per second per Microsoft's request. This was the reason for the 2 week delay.

One thing is for sure, I have yet to run into a soul that plays Halo on XBConnect that is not getting UC...I can't wait for lagless gameplay and full range bloody combat! :D

I also understand that Unreal Championship is very gory...I mean, bloody as hell...Oh man, I just had a movement! Or was that my bowels? :D

Dre
11-09-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA


You see, I have heard to the contrary. I heard that the control scheme on it was unbelievable (in a very positive way) and that the only "bug" they needed to fix was to increase the frame rate 10 more frame per second per Microsoft's request. This was the reason for the 2 week delay.

One thing is for sure, I have yet to run into a soul that plays Halo on XBConnect that is not getting UC...I can't wait for lagless gameplay and full range bloody combat! :D

I also understand that Unreal Championship is very gory...I mean, bloody as hell...Oh man, I just had a movement! Or was that my bowels? :D

LOL

well thats good to hear! (controls...not your bowel movement :))

l Maximus l
11-09-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Dre


LOL

well thats good to hear! (controls...not your bowel movement :))

hehe...

Actually, I heard that the control scheme is what you are very used to while playing Halo :D Therefore, you know it's going to be bad ass!

A long time ago, I heard that the control scheme was totally different than that of Halo...but, now I understand that it's going to be very similar.

Frostberg
11-10-2002, 12:03 AM
Yo Maxy, what do you think about MechAssault...

I'm starting to think about getting MechAssault over UC

Leo
11-10-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Frostberg-XBA
Yo Maxy, what do you think about MechAssault...

I'm starting to think about getting MechAssault over UC

If you getting Xbox Live then get Unreal Championship or Both.

Don't get Mechassault. If you want to get MechAssault then get also Unreal Championship.

mitchrules1
11-10-2002, 12:42 AM
Get unreal tournament for PC. The XBOX version they really slowed it down, so dont be expecting the speed of the pc version

Frostberg
11-10-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Leo


If you getting Xbox Live then get Unreal Championship or Both.

Don't get Mechassault. If you want to get MechAssault then get also Unreal Championship.

Are you trying to confuse me with your riddles? :D

No doubt I will be picking up both...

Actually I will prolly be buying all of these...


Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (5)
Medal of Honor: Frontline (7)
MechAssault (XBL) (12)
NHL 2k3 (XBL) (12)
Ghost Recon (XBL) (12)
Unreal Championship (XBL) (12)
Splinter Cell (18)
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (19)


The only trouble is that I know I won't have time for all of em...but I can say my game collection will grow drastically in the next few weeks

Dre
11-10-2002, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Frostberg-XBA


Are you trying to confuse me with your riddles? :D

No doubt I will be picking up both...

Actually I will prolly be buying all of these...


Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (5)
Medal of Honor: Frontline (7)
MechAssault (XBL) (12)
NHL 2k3 (XBL) (12)
Ghost Recon (XBL) (12)
Unreal Championship (XBL) (12)
Splinter Cell (18)
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (19)


The only trouble is that I know I won't have time for all of em...but I can say my game collection will grow drastically in the next few weeks

Frosty! Wassup!!?? I haven't seen a post from you in ages! Hopefully you be following Maxy's trend and start posting a helluva lot more. Comon bro.. step up :>

l Maximus l
11-10-2002, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Frostberg-XBA
Yo Maxy, what do you think about MechAssault...

I'm starting to think about getting MechAssault over UC

Hey, buddy! Well...I know for a fact that I'm getting UC, so, that's confirmed. About Mechassault, I will probably rent it to see if I like it before making a purchase. After playing Halo, I've really become a die hard fan of Team Deathmatch type games and CTF. A good free for all is always great, too...and, that's what I understand Mechassault is mainly about. I just need to learn more about it as I'm still unsure at this point.

By the way...I need my old sig back! I'm using this one as a temporary :D

DOOM
11-10-2002, 09:49 AM
UNREAL Is Gona FrEaKiNg ROCK!!!:)

yall
11-10-2002, 10:18 AM
Frostburg, you may want to rent MOHFL first. There are no multiplayer bots, and if there were it might make things even worse since the AI is atrocious. I'm going to try and finish the game this week so I can take it back to EB and trade it in for some other game. Probably MechAssault or Unreal.

As far as these 'bad reviews' for unreal that everyone is talking about, does anyone have a link? I have heard nothing about the game, good or bad.

xboxman_1
11-10-2002, 02:44 PM
I also understand that Unreal Championship is very gory...I mean, bloody as hell...
I've got UT2K3 for pc, and yes, it is bloody as hell! When you get killed, you get to watch your body fly, sometimes missing an arm or leg, or sometimes just your torso! You really know when you got owned when your bloody, flaming torso flies against a wall! When playing with the instagib mutator, everytime you kill someone their body explodes in a bloody mess!

Knight
11-10-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Leo
Do you recommend to buy Unreal Championship 2003?

If you have a fast computer with a Good Video card get UT2003(there's some good mods in the works for it), if not get UC!

Frink
11-10-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA


Hey, buddy! Well...I know for a fact that I'm getting UC, so, that's confirmed. About Mechassault, I will probably rent it to see if I like it before making a purchase. After playing Halo, I've really become a die hard fan of Team Deathmatch type games and CTF. A good free for all is always great, too...and, that's what I understand Mechassault is mainly about. I just need to learn more about it as I'm still unsure at this point.

By the way...I need my old sig back! I'm using this one as a temporary :D Though at launch Mechassault won't have a CTF mode, it does have a Team Deathmatch mode. Check out IGN's review on Mechassault for the whole scoop. It has me foaming at the mouth from anticipation.

I am also however picking up UC. Any game from the Unreal series has been great, so I'm sure UC will be the same. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you online the 15th.

Dark Enemy
11-10-2002, 04:16 PM
im getting both mechassault and uc. there gonna be really good games and it mwould suck to miss out on one. and yes leo i recomend uc.

EHWfedPres
11-10-2002, 04:18 PM
In MechAssault, there is a version kind of like a full scale Command and Conquer game, so whoever does not get that game is a pure idiot.

# 1 Stunner
11-10-2002, 06:55 PM
im a diehard fps gamer and this is a no doubt for me im playin xbc everydayy is very addicting but the thing is i want to get all these game but i dont have the money!!!!!:(