PDA

View Full Version : EA and MICROSFT ..make Deal ..

Slacker
11-09-2002, 07:31 PM
EA & Microsoft Ink The Dotted Line

A while back, we brought you the story about Microsoft wanting to give EA more influence on Xbox Live. Well, we can now tell you that the deal is soon to be officially finalised which will result in a huge selection of EA titles exclusive and Xbox LIVE compatible. It’s a tough life for Sony and Nintendo aint it?

this is from Xboxgamers rumor mill #9 they are usaully right on because its a Devolopers site and they get good inside info ,

Maybe EA pulled there head out of thier a$$

mitchrules1
11-09-2002, 07:35 PM
kewl good to hear

carlbme
11-09-2002, 07:57 PM
While this would be good news indeed, I'll hold off until it's actually announced.

wweomaniac
11-09-2002, 08:10 PM
I don't believe it for one second

CharlieHustle
11-09-2002, 09:05 PM
If it is true, then bill gates is grinin from cheek to cheek. Thats a top dev. And they move consoles.

XBX_Junior_XBX
11-09-2002, 10:36 PM
It's all about money and MS has it all!!! : P

Frostberg
11-09-2002, 11:09 PM
EA is no doubt the biggest publisher out there...and we need em...

MerimacHamwich
11-09-2002, 11:11 PM
I would be so happy if that is true. Then EA games wouldn't suck on xbox. I mean they could be sooo good but they favor Playstation so they don't do anything but port the games to xbox. I really do hope this is true.

Frostberg
11-09-2002, 11:21 PM
I just thought about that. If they make games for the xbox first, all the games will look so much better. I would'nt care if they were ported over, xbox games would still look much better...

e.x.
If they made Nightfire using xbox dev kits and whatever they would be able to get really awesome effects and graphics and then when they went to port them over to GC and PS2 they would have to take out things...

The way they do it now is make games for the PS2 by using the maximum the PS2 can handle and when they port to xbox they pretty much dont do anything and the FSAA of the xbox video card makes things look much better...

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-10-2002, 12:31 AM
wasn't the whole EA and Microsoft fallin out about the servers and money from online gaming? I think that EA is going to have games on all 3 online gaming console........I guess money heals all wounds......I would love to see the next version of buffy or SSX tricky on xbox live :D

y2kash_14
11-10-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by CharlieHustle
If it is true, then bill gates is grinin from cheek to cheek. Thats a top dev. And they move consoles.

heh........i doubt it, i bet Bill Gate doesn't know crap about videogames, he probably doesn't even know who Sega is, let alone EA

MerimacHamwich
11-10-2002, 12:36 AM
Actually he probably does. However, seeing as he has nothing to do with the xbox, except being a kind of Mascot, it wouldn't matter much what he wanted or didn't.

The Hitman
11-10-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by y2kash_14

heh........i doubt it, i bet Bill Gate doesn't know crap about videogames, he probably doesn't even know who Sega is, let alone EA

I agree. Bill is more like a parent handing out money to his kid to do whatever with it.

iksboks
11-10-2002, 04:46 AM
fifa 2004 with xbl :cool:

FuNkY mOnK
11-10-2002, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by y2kash_14

He knows gaming is a 9 billion dollar a year market, thats all he needs to know, and his solders do the rest.

Koopa
11-10-2002, 08:05 AM
I really hope Ms and EA get a deal hammered out before Battlefield 1942 is released...i need to kill some damn nazis online on my xbox:D

chili325
11-10-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by The Hitman

I agree. Bill is more like a parent handing out money to his kid to do whatever with it.
I dunno though....We must remeber that Bill is a computer geek. I wouldnt be surprised if he took geat interest in the xbox

MerimacHamwich
11-10-2002, 11:44 AM
Still, it doesn't matter seeing as it is not his department. He is head of software OS development I believe and that is it. He does not own Microsoft. He does not control microsoft either. He is a figurehead.

It is people like J. Allard that will make things happen with the xbox.

CharlieHustle
11-10-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK

He knows gaming is a 9 billion dollar a year market, thats all he needs to know, and his solders do the rest.

Exactly what i meant. He doesnt have to play games to see where the money is. Do you have to smoke crack to sell it??? Truthfully, he probably doesnt give a f$%k about games, but he will do whats best to take this market. Or shall i say his soldiers will do whats best to take this market.

LynxFX
11-10-2002, 04:19 PM
I hate EA, just look at my avatar, because of their lack of support for anything Xbox. (I still play their games on the PC because they actually are good there.)

This is good news if it is true. I won't be holding my breath though until an EA game is on Live and actually looks better than its twin on another console.