PDA

View Full Version : UK Xbox Sales Explode

Knight
11-10-2002, 10:21 AM
UK Xbox Sales Explode
-=G=- Posted on November 9, 2002

In the week that Xbox finally advertises on TV and launches the brand new Sega bundle in the UK, Sales start to blow through the roof!

No Official details have surfaced yet but certain retail stores are claiming a 25% more xbox sales than the previous week in which the Xbox sold its most units since its European launch.

This is excellent news for us xbox fans as it can only mean more popularity for the xbox which should result in more developer support.

We will bring you the official word next week!

Microsoft were right, Its Going To Be A Green Christmas.

http://www.xboxgamers.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1036864056,21304,

That's good but I want to see a 100% up in sales!

TegSkywalker
11-10-2002, 10:45 AM
Now if only Microsoft can learn to advertise the Xbox on TV showing the latest games in the US... then it would probably see an increase in sales over here.

They are just shooting themselves in the foot keeping the non Xbox magazine and website reading general public out of the picture.

dougi3000
11-10-2002, 11:03 AM
Xbox has commercials???

I never seen an xbox commercial on TV yet.
But ooh boy.. gamecube and PS2 commercials up the wazzooo!

rio2012
11-10-2002, 11:41 AM
The only Xbox TV ad i ever saw was the Halo ad and its was airing at 12:00 midnight.

MerimacHamwich
11-10-2002, 11:46 AM
I usually see xbox commercials.

carlbme
11-10-2002, 12:37 PM
I see them every now and then, but generally only on MTV or during some extreme sports event.

Other than that...nothing.

Hopefully this will make MS realize they need to do more TV advertising.

xboxmaster2002
11-10-2002, 12:42 PM
they show comercials but the are for stupid games like Fever they should be advertising like mechassualt and UC all that new stuff coming out, they should just make an xbox live commercial and show a bunch of xbox live games they people could see what its all about.

i forgot to add splinter cell, they better have a comercial for that.

Steve1987
11-10-2002, 01:50 PM
I've noticed that alot of people have started to talk about the xbox over here, and more people want to buy one.
The only problem for uk xbox owners is that broadband is extreamly limited. Only about half of the UK can get Broadband even though BT say different, but they don't include the people that live in an adsl enabled area but cant get it due to the phone line being so crappy. :mad:

I'm lucky enough to have adsl, but the only speed that the public can really afford is 512kbit download with a 256kbit upload. Cable companies are starting to offer a 1mb service at a reasonable price, but it's only the major cities than can get cable really.

But as long as Microsoft keep on making decent single player games too, then i can see the xbox becoming very big over here. Shame most of public think that a console, means ps2! :confused:

xboxmaster2002
11-10-2002, 02:06 PM
when does xbox live lauch in the UK?

ARONO129
11-10-2002, 02:22 PM
With all the $ that MS has I can't understand why they aren't advertising more on TV and in magazines. I have never seen an Xbox commercial. I bet if MS advertised heavily at the beginning the Xbox would have more sales at this point.

EHWfedPres
11-10-2002, 02:38 PM
I saw a halo commercial maybe 3 times, some snowboarding one once that was only 10 seconds long...the birth commercial...and thats about it.

How about advertising some Xbox exclusive games?

At least the next WWF (wwe sounds retarded) ppv is being sponsered by Xbox.

I saw about 10 animal crossing commercials in 60 minutes last night...i was really mad.

Dark Enemy
11-10-2002, 02:55 PM
i remember before the xbox came out and when it first came out there were alot of commericails, like DOA3 " she could kick high", halo, project gotham racing, ect. there more commericails back then then there is now.

EHWfedPres
11-10-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by PublicEnemy2k3
i remember before the xbox came out and when it first came out there were alot of commericails, like DOA3 " she could kick high", halo, project gotham racing, ect. there more commericails back then then there is now.

Well sponsering a WWF PPV would get the word out quicker than a tv station would.
Well, a whole lot more people would see it advertised than a select few tuning into a tv channel at a specific time...

Dark Enemy
11-10-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Well sponsering a WWF PPV would get the word out quicker than a tv station would.
Well, a whole lot more people would see it advertised than a select few tuning into a tv channel at a specific time...

yeah ive been seeing that ad on wwe raw and smackdown, but they should advertise at everytime rather than just wrestling cause not everybody watches wrestling.

Steve1987
11-10-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
when does xbox live lauch in the UK?

You can buy it from the xbox uk site from late november, as it will be in the test drive phrase.
But it will be out in the shops on March 14th, same day as the xbox was launched over here. :D