PDA

View Full Version : Svideo??

DenniZz81
11-16-2001, 05:25 AM
Will there be better quality if i use svideo insted of the rca´s...
kan i connect svideo into the xbox or do i need something with it

i also have on final question.
Im not sure with my tv
on the back it says svideo but there is a cover over it wich i cant open it... and next to it there is a sign. an arrow that goes into a circle.. i think it implies that i have to use a knife to open it or what?

tnx

AlBoogy
11-16-2001, 09:01 AM
I honestly wasnt going to get the advanced av pack. It allows you to play with s video. But I was given 20 bucks off my purchase so i bought it. I am so glad that I did! I didnt think it was going to make any difference at all and let me just begin telling you that I WAS WRONG!!!!! The colors are brighter, the picture is more defined. If anyone has Svideo you have to get the cables. It makes a big diference IMO.

J98GT
11-16-2001, 10:20 AM
regarding the inaccessible S-video input on your TV:

Your TV probably does not have an S video input. There is probably some higher model that used the same mold that does have an S video, kind of like in stripped down no-option cars, you have just a blank panel where the fog light or convertible or whatever switch would be.

Pimpn419
11-16-2001, 11:14 AM
Hey guys...

I was just wondering If you have the S-Video cable hooked up wrong will you still get a picture on your TV or since the S-Video Is the only video input you wouldn't get any picture?

I'm asking because I have the advanced AV pack and I can't really tell a difference with the sound or quality of the pictures. The only real problem I've having Is with the Dolby Digital 5.1.. I can't get that to work and I'm sure I'm doing everything right.. maybe my cable's busted?!?

-Matt

Chaotic
11-16-2001, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Pimpn419
Hey guys...

I was just wondering If you have the S-Video cable hooked up wrong will you still get a picture on your TV or since the S-Video Is the only video input you wouldn't get any picture?

I'm asking because I have the advanced AV pack and I can't really tell a difference with the sound or quality of the pictures. The only real problem I've having Is with the Dolby Digital 5.1.. I can't get that to work and I'm sure I'm doing everything right.. maybe my cable's busted?!?

-Matt

You have to boot up your box without a game disk in it, and go to the audio option and enable Dobly Digital and DTS if your reciever supports it.

It should work after you enable those features in the Control Center.

Pimpn419
11-16-2001, 12:11 PM
I enabled the Dolby Digital but I didn't enable the DTS. What exactly Is DTS and how do I know If my system supports DTS?

Thanks,

-Matt

mojo__31
11-16-2001, 12:21 PM
I bought the Advanced AV connector as well, and am glad I did, like someone else said, the colors and contrast with it is outstanding. I mainly bought it though so i would have the right connections to be able to route the sound connectors to my bookshelf stereo.

l Maximus l
11-16-2001, 01:54 PM
To be able to use the Advanced AV Pack, you have to have an S-Video TV...it will have a connection most likely on the back of the TV...it is a plug that is able to put the five prong S-Video cable into.

I bought the Advanced AV Pack and it is amazing! I have never seen clarity and heard sound from any game console until now! It is great...I can't wait to play it tonight and all day tomorrow. Yesterday, I only got a tease...since I was only have awake after camping out to get my XBox...I was soooo pooped!

DenniZz81
11-16-2001, 03:35 PM
i hear you man.. but what if i use svideo with the advanced av pack
and convert it into scart on the tv
will that make any difference to rca?

l Maximus l
11-16-2001, 03:42 PM
Denizz...I'm not quite sure what you mean, unfortunately.

Personally, I would just use the Advanced AV pack if you have an S-Video TV. If not, the RCA cables will do you just fine

DenniZz81
11-16-2001, 03:56 PM
i meant i could convert svideo to scart. and connect it to the tv set

l Maximus l
11-16-2001, 03:57 PM
Sorry dude...I'm not sure what Scart is....lol

DenniZz81
11-16-2001, 04:33 PM
hehe ehm.. its like --------------------
- -
----------------
kind of shape.... hmm...

darn:D :D

DenniZz81
11-16-2001, 04:34 PM
oops that didtn come out right...

its

----------------------------
- -
- -
-------------------------

shaped

l Maximus l
11-16-2001, 04:34 PM
lol...oh, okay, dude...that clears up everything! lol......huh!?

DenniZz81
11-16-2001, 04:39 PM
Maybe you dont have scart in the U.S....
hrmm. but thats not important anyway..
the original question is: will the picture get better if i use svideo from xbox throu ad pack.. and if i use scart (lets call it converter, to easy things for you) and plug that converter into the tv?

IS.. here it comes.. IZ that better than rca??

l Maximus l
11-16-2001, 04:45 PM
Denizz...in my opinion...anything is better than RCA :D (Except for an RFU Adapter lol - talk about stone age!!)

If you have an S-Video TV, just go straight with the Advanced AV Pack...you'll dig it :)

DenniZz81
11-16-2001, 04:53 PM
k... tnx for the help:p