PDA

View Full Version : WHY BUY FRONTLINE?! (about EA's ***ness)



Koopa
11-11-2002, 02:22 AM
Ive seen lots of people ask about frontline...now, if you dont have a decent PC and a decent internet connection (broadband!), just skip this rant...

....

....

*are they gone yet?*

okay good

now...honestly, why would ANYONE (minus the aforementioned people) buy frontline? its just a PORT of some nice little ps2 shooter that was better in its PC incarnation (allied assault). Now i have to admit, its nice of EA to include split screen, but honestly, how much time did it take to rehash some single player levels (i think, not sure) and make it so you can have a choppy-framerated deathmatch.with ps2ish graphics?! and NO LIVE SUPPORT? the PC version has online support, why settle for less?! i'd have bought it if it had live support, just for all the cool buddy list, voice chat goodness.

which brings me on to my next part of my rant.
IF EA DOESNT PUT BATTLEFIELD 1942 ON XBOX LIVE I WILL KILL THEM
my comp cant handle it, so im gonna get it on xbox anyway...so COME ON EA give us what we want, advertise it well, and i guarantee you you'll make a ****load of money. what normal heterosexual adolescent male wouldn't love shooting stuff on land, sea, and air, ON LINE, with voice chat? NONE! EA needs to get their heads out of the sony exec's money-filled undergarments and SEE THE LIGHT! the XBL service is infinitely better, IMO, than anything else out there..WHY CANT THEY SEE THIS?! we've got to get bill gates to shove a large wad of cash in their faces to "convince" them about the merits of xbox


yeah thats my rant...feel free to comment, flame, or whatever :D

LynxFX
11-11-2002, 02:48 AM
Yeah I've had the same kinda rant with them. It is almost like they hope that console owners don't know that PC's exist. That way they can sucker you into the same game with a new name.

EA is such a huge publisher and a much needed supporter for any console. I just wish they would take their lips off of PS2's ass (not much room left since Rockstar's lips are planted firmly in the center) and try making the best game possible available on the best hardware out there.

Variation-XBA
11-11-2002, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Koopa

IF EA DOESNT PUT BATTLEFIELD 1942 ON XBOX LIVE I WILL KILL THEM


Lol.....you wont do anything cept be mad and disgruntled ;) But I agree, Xbox 1942 Live would be awesome, but I play my comp version to death already ^_^

LynxFX
11-11-2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Variation
but I play my comp version to death already ^_^
Same here, it is a great game!

Koopa
11-11-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Variation


Lol.....you wont do anything cept be mad and disgruntled ;) But I agree, Xbox 1942 Live would be awesome, but I play my comp version to death already ^_^

hey, a disgruntled koopa is a dangerous thing;)

yeah, ive been considering upgrading my pc if ea doesnt make bf1942 xbl compatible...
[edit]- 900th post, YAY!

SPARTAN VI
11-11-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Koopa


hey, a disgruntled koopa is a dangerous thing;)

yeah, ive been considering upgrading my pc if ea doesnt make bf1942 xbl compatible...
[edit]- 900th post, YAY!

I KNOW I'VE SEEN EM'!
Interests |Walking back and forth in a preset pattern trying to touch Mario, Luigi, AND EA and kill them!

MerimacHamwich
11-11-2002, 02:25 PM
I hate EA as well. They have some good games but they seem to absolutely hate xbox. I mean they put the least effort into making games for xbox as possible. I wish they would smarten up, becuase some of their games could be damn good on xbox.

studepaber
11-11-2002, 02:47 PM
BF 1942 is an absolute blast online (except I hate elite fliers that do barrel rolls 3 feet from the ground and proceed to mow me down). If for some ungodly, unforgivable reason it doesn't come online I would still recommend for those who havent played it on the PC to buy it. If it IS online, I may still buy it even though I have it on the PC, because sometimes when I play online it's choopy and laggy (with lots of ppl anyway). But yea I have MOHAA so I don't intend to even rent Frontline.

Koopa
11-11-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I hate EA as well. They have some good games but they seem to absolutely hate xbox. I mean they put the least effort into making games for xbox as possible. I wish they would smarten up, becuase some of their games could be damn good on xbox.

yeah, if theyd develop the games on xbox and dumb them down for ps2/gc instead of making them for the worst system and porting them...i'd be happy:D

beef747
11-11-2002, 03:02 PM
I hate EA however I cannot help but think of the old days with playing SKATE or DIE on the C64, great computer...

back then EA used to be good, but now they are just a ****ty as the next company, all in it for the almighty dollar, and could care less for anything else, even if it means betraying their own customers... this sounds kinda like Enron doesn't it.

MOHAA could have been even greater had they not gotten rid of the 2015 team, who could have made a very decent addon instead of this spearhead addon, which looks pretty much like crap, and a large portion of its multiplayer maps aren't even official, they are custom I believe. (from the contest)

I wont begin with what else is wrong with them because of how greedy they are, Global Operations anyone? how about that 007 game that was supposed to come to PC but was too ****ty? and the list goes on...:mad:

Variation-XBA
11-11-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx

Same here, it is a great game!

Lets play sometime :) msn, icq?

Koopa
11-11-2002, 04:52 PM
ummm. i agree. accoprding to A MICROSOFT COORPERATE EXECUTIVE OR SOMETHING, EA IS A GOOD PARTNER OF MICROSOFT, and that they make absolutely godd games for xbox.

Did anyone see the reviews for NEED FOR SPEED:HOT PERSUIT 2? On ps2 it was game of the month and held with high regard, but for the first time ever....EA actually dumbed down the game from ps2 to xbox!

What a cheap way to make money but still make a crappy game for xbox.

EA does not have a good reputation on xbox.Battlefield 1942 may do the trick with it being a killer app xbox live game and all, but im willing to bet that something, SOMETHING will keep it from being spectacular. Something small but yet literal.

Im willing to bet that the controls will be messed up or an unstable XBL infrastructure code. Something.

Also just to add a suspicios note......was anyone aware that as of now, EA is ps2's only online partner? why wouldnt ps2 pay them off to show poeple how crappy xbl really is?

ITS A CONSPIRACY MAN!

anyway i guess were just gonna have to wait and see what EA is up too, but i think battlefield 1942 really is their last chance to impress us...........
:cool:

aircobra
11-11-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
ummm. i agree. accoprding to A MICROSOFT COORPERATE EXECUTIVE OR SOMETHING, EA IS A GOOD PARTNER OF MICROSOFT, and that they make absolutely godd games for xbox.

Did anyone see the reviews for NEED FOR SPEED:HOT PERSUIT 2? On ps2 it was game of the month and held with high regard, but for the first time ever....EA actually dumbed down the game from ps2 to xbox!

What a cheap way to make money but still make a crappy game for xbox.

EA does not have a good reputation on xbox.Battlefield 1942 may do the trick with it being a killer app xbox live game and all, but im willing to bet that something, SOMETHING will keep it from being spectacular. Something small but yet literal.

Im willing to bet that the controls will be messed up or an unstable XBL infrastructure code. Something.

Also just to add a suspicios note......was anyone aware that as of now, EA is ps2's only online partner? why wouldnt ps2 pay them off to show poeple how crappy xbl really is?

ITS A CONSPIRACY MAN!

anyway i guess were just gonna have to wait and see what EA is up too, but i think battlefield 1942 really is their last chance to impress us...........
:cool:


uh no, because Tony Hawk 4 is only. get your facts straight. and please stop *****in' about EA. do you think they care about u no, so get off of it.

LynxFX
11-11-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by aircobra
do you think they care about u no,
I think that is the problem.

aircobra
11-11-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx

I think that is the problem.

even so, that doesn't mean you have to ***** about it. nobody seems to care about them, but do you see them *****ing about it, no because they are still making money.

LynxFX
11-11-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by aircobra
even so, that doesn't mean you have to ***** about it. nobody seems to care about them, but do you see them *****ing about it, no because they are still making money.

Of course it does, this is America. If no one *****es then nothing gets accomplished. They will continue to keep on with their **** poor practices and we the consumer will be the ones that it hurts. Constructive complaints work best of course. :)

Koopa
11-11-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx


Of course it does, this is America. If no one *****es then nothing gets accomplished. They will continue to keep on with their **** poor practices and we the consumer will be the ones that it hurts. Constructive complaints work best of course. :)

yup, the constitution gives us the right to protest stuff, so we should DO IT! ITS OUR PATRIOTIC DUTY!

or ya know...i just wanna play bf1942 online without paying lots money to upgrade my pc

hook-worm J
11-12-2002, 12:17 AM
Thats what I love about having a nice PC and an Xbox, you get the best of both worlds... Only one problem still though, no broadband :(

Highlite23
11-12-2002, 02:13 PM
I wish i could remember where i read/heard this but, EA and MS are acctually inking some deal for future games with online support and some XBOX exclusives.

This actually may have already happened, i'm not sure.

As far as Frontline...I don't play games on my PC or own a PS2, so i gotta say i really am enjoying this game and the addition of multiplayer opens up the gameplay.

XboxGamers
11-12-2002, 02:50 PM
I'm loving the Xbox MOH: FL! :)


Koopa, are you the same person at Gaming Age boards?

JimmieDoogan
11-12-2002, 04:11 PM
There would be ABSOLUTELY NO reason to buy Battlefield 1942 if it doesn't have Live support. The game was DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY for multiplayer. If it lacks the only thing worth purchasing the game for, then why would anyone in their right mind even consider thinking about buying a game that has NOTHING to it. I personally don't really buy EA games, because of their horrid graphics and no live support. EA PORTS "Their f*ckn lame"!