PDA

View Full Version : Scary things on halo

Codemaster211
11-11-2002, 12:09 PM
Hey, thought I'd list some of the scary things to happen in halo when your playing with your friends. Feel free to add or subtract from the list.

5.going for the rocket launcher, and it's already gone.
4.When playing boarding action(team sniper) you hear someone call out your level number and color.
3.Going for the invisibilty and it's already gone.
2.Walking down a hallway and hearing "tink, tink,tink"
1. Getting close to someone so you can hit them from behind, and all you see is a smoke trail, and the other person fall.

OppiumNitrates
11-11-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Codemaster211

2.Walking down a hallway and hearing "tink, tink,tink"

I like how you spaced the "tinks" to show the break in the first 2 and how close the other 2 are (I hope this was done on pourpous)

scariest thing in Halo:

Playing agaisnt SSj4 Vegeta

Reclaimer
11-11-2002, 11:04 PM
What makes me flinch is right when I'm about to jump into the Warthog, theres a huge explosion and the things flips over right as I'm on it. (Someone shot a rocket at it as I'm getting in)

Seeing the tank shell tracer whiz by right as you poke your head out the door to check if the coast is clear.

Hearing the crackle of a plasma grenade burning and I have no idea where it is, but it sounds close.

Heading for the teleporter and your foe appears there at the same time.

Ford Mustang
11-12-2002, 08:28 PM
1. suddenly dying and seeing a white line through your body on your screen
2. dying instantly when you get smashed from behind
3. standing below a ledge and seeing someone with a rocket launcher fall two inches from your face.....looking at you

Ford Mustang
11-12-2002, 08:30 PM
looking through the sniper scope and seeing a flash of a suit right in front of you and then getting shot

Ford Mustang
11-12-2002, 08:33 PM
walking across blood gulch and hearing the warthog but not seeing it.....looking in complete circle and not seeing anything....and then getting mowed down

seeing a rocket flying at your face, dodging it, and having another one collide with your body

jumping in the air and suddenly being shot to death

running across a field in a hail of white lines

E Nomini Patri
11-12-2002, 08:39 PM
1 post
2 post
3 post
Triple post!

Use the edit button dude...keep down the spam.

It's scary when you fall into a big pit and die.

Reclaimer
11-13-2002, 10:04 AM
Respawing to life and then getting ran over from behind by any vehicle at that same moment.

Chasing someone down only to get meleed by the invisible man.

You hear a plasma grenade burining, then you notice, that it's on you.

Driving in reverse in the Warthog to turn around and seeing tank shells, rockets and sniper tracers flying over your hood.

Getting sniped out of the air in mid jump.

Killing someone and then you just suddenly blow up because the fool dropped a grenade as you where killing him.

Climbing up a ladder and noticing the blue flame of a plasma grenade on your head.

Lining up the perfect shot with the sniper rifle and forgetting you ran out of bullets. Then you get killed by that person.

Up close and personal combat and the fool whips out the rocket launcher and blows you both up.

Accidentally running off a cat walk and falling to your death in combat.

The guy with a plasma grenade stuck to him is running up to you.

symposiumx
11-14-2002, 02:37 PM
I just have to say that I'm sitting here, reading all of these posts and laughing my arse off.

ok...a funny "scary" moment was playing co-op with my ex, and having a covenant dropship coming in to drop of some ground troops.

she was running away as fast as she could, scared, and then she finally looks up and and *WHAM!* she realizes that, instead of running AWAY from the dropship, she just ran to the exact spot it was landing.

she screamed so hard I about p*ssed myself laughing.

Reclaimer
11-14-2002, 04:23 PM
This is more of a stupid mistake than anything scary.

Throwing the wrong grenade, a plasma, at the flood and they charge right at you, with a lit grenade stuck to them.

Your beating some covenant to death in the later levels and that flood guy you killed got back up and is standing behind you whipping you. Your standing there thinking, where is this coming from.

My partner in co-op decides to melee a flood shrimp thing off of me. Cool thanks for the assist. But this time try not to do it from behind and kill me.

Partner covers a doorway I'm running through, engages a small flood thing running past me with the shotgun and kills me accidentally.

Shooting a group of flood with a rocket, except for one jumps in towards you and intercepts the rocket, blowing it up and killing you in the radius.

The damn banshee you shot down in flight falls out of the sky and lands on you.

Getting shot down from behind by a fuel rod burst while flying a banshee.

Running headlong into the invisible elite. Or having an invisible elite step into the path of a outgoing rocket killing both of you.

Running down a corridor in AOTCR and your co-op partner behind you gets teleported in front of you, into your line of fire.

Commandeering a covenant gun emplacement, start kicking ass, and getting flipped by a fuel rod blast.

The Cov drop ship won't leave you alone because it interpreted that shot in it's direction as a direct threat.

Playing the Halo level for the first time, not knowing where to go and driving off a cliff with the warthog because you where leading the coveneant into the line of fire.

EHWfedPres
11-23-2002, 12:10 PM
when i was playing 8 player CTF on Sidewinder...my friend and I were going for their flag. He was cloaked and i was behind him a little bit. then oll of a sudden, a guy from the other team jumped down from the top and landed right in front of us, stood there for a second, and then ran off...we were so lucky not to get seen.

Reclaimer
11-24-2002, 02:00 AM
Assualt on the Control Room,

There's a outdoor sequence where you can drive the tank down a sloping ramp from a ridge, the natural ramp turns towards left like a corkscrew. When you get to the bottom, there is 2 Hunters at the bottom waiting, and a Cov jump ship drops in at the ridge and unloads a squad. You have 4 marines on your tank and there are 4 more marines, running up the ramp to meet you.

Anyway, I stopped my tank to prevent myself from running over the extra marines. Well, the tank slid down the hill anyway. I angled the treads to try and miss the group of marines, but I ran over 2 in the process. Something happened that freaked me out. The four marines on board got mad, jumped off and started trying to kill me. THe remaining 2 marines joined in. All the yellow radar markers turned hostile red and they all started whipping on me. It was pure pandimonium. I had to kill 6 of my own marines. One kept saying Chief's gone crazy. They're the ones that went crazy. Oh well, that was scary.

bada-bing
12-01-2002, 08:56 PM
When your camped out with a sniper rifle and then a guy comes up behind you with a shotgun.