PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid =Best game ever

oddworld20-3000
11-11-2002, 10:01 PM
Just to say but I bought Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance on the fifth and it is a kick ass game. But one question where is the skateboarding mode. Anyone can you tell me?

Dre
11-11-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by oddworld20-3000
Just to say but I bought Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance on the fifth and it is a kick ass game. But one question where is the skateboarding mode. Anyone can you tell me?

I dunno, but try going to www.gamefaqs.com. You'll definitely be able to get an answer in a FAQ or the discussion brd for MGS.

dougi3000
11-11-2002, 10:28 PM
I thought metal gear solid2 was a horrible game compared to the original.

I just finished the game today. The entire game consists of running through the rooms going from point A to point B.. then going back through the rooms from point B to point A. I was like, where the hell are the special things? there is absolutely no stealth in this game.. the stealth in this game consists of waiting till the enemy turns around, then making a dash for it.
If you get alarmed, just run out of the room and come back in, and everything will be fine, and all the enemies you took out will still be out...

GAHhhhhhh......

Variation-XBA
11-11-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by oddworld20-3000
Metal Gear Solid =Best game ever

Welcome to last year ;) hehe

y2kash_14
11-11-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by dougi3000

If you get alarmed, just run out of the room and come back in, and everything will be fine, and all the enemies you took out will still be out...

GAHhhhhhh......

well, some of us don't play on "Very Easy" ;)

l Maximus l
11-11-2002, 11:48 PM
I would recommend Splinter Cell over MGS2...but, that's probably a given :D

SPARTAN VI
11-11-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I would recommend Splinter Cell over MGS2...but, that's probably a given :D

Me too... just hits the Stealth genre harder than MGS2.

Koopa
11-12-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

Me too... just hits the Stealth genre harder than MGS2.
yup..once we finally get MGS2, noone wants it:D

GO SAM FISHER!

y2kash_14
11-12-2002, 01:40 AM
sure.....but will it match up to Metal Gear Substance's EXCELLENT story line? or the Replay value? Don't count Snake out yet........this is gonna be one tuff fight ;)

JJaX
11-12-2002, 07:49 AM
I too bought MGS:substance. It is a very cool game with lots of extras. But i do agree with Dougi2000. The first MGS was just put together better. Story wise, scenerio and location. But MGS:substance seems very polished and is fun to play as well.

But i can say this, it aint splinter cell. ;)

*question for all you MGS junkies. When im trying to shoot, if i fire to fast my guy reloads or stops shooting. I cannot do rapid fire!!! This has become a pain in the ass. Because if im detected i cannot fight of the patrols. (im talking with a USB or socom, not the tranq gun)

And i know you can do rapid fire, because i was playing it at a friends and i could shoot fine.

Koopa
11-12-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
sure.....but will it match up to Metal Gear Substance's EXCELLENT story line? or the Replay value? Don't count Snake out yet........this is gonna be one tuff fight ;)
have you ever read a tom clancy book?

Leviathon
11-12-2002, 09:40 AM
I haven't read all the comments on here, but I rented MGS and so far I think it is somewhat of good game, maybe a great game, but I don't think it is going to compare to Splinter Cell.

MGS has good graphics, but not nearly as close to what SC is going to provide. The camera angles are ok is MGS but from the demo of SC, the complete control of the camera angle is by far IMO the best. MGS controls are somewhat awkward, took a little getting used too.

Someone did mention how stupid it is how the enemy will spot you and all you need to do is run down some steps or get out of the room and the AI seems to reset itself. I still have the game for the rest of the week and want to play it a little more extensively....

Leviathon
11-12-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
sure.....but will it match up to Metal Gear Substance's EXCELLENT story line? or the Replay value? Don't count Snake out yet........this is gonna be one tuff fight

What...? Dude, you need to read the OXM review of the game...
The story line is going to be huge and indepth... There is one level where Sam Fisher has to break into the CIA. The irony is that he works for the CIA, so something is going on internally in the orginization... When he does break in, he can not be seen or kill anyone... Has to do everything undetected....

As for the relplay value. OXM states that there are many ways in which levels can be beat. There is really is not an absolute route through each of the levels. The replay value is going to be great... Shoot the demo, limited as it is, still has good replay value.... Run and gun, or hide in the shadows and sneek up on people..... I can't wait for this game.

JJaX
11-12-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Leviathon

As for the relplay value. OXM states that there are many ways in which levels can be beat. There is really is not an absolute route through each of the levels. The replay value is going to be great... Shoot the demo, limited as it is, still has good replay value.... Run and gun, or hide in the shadows and sneek up on people..... I can't wait for this game.

Agreed, Ive played the demo level of splinter cell more than i play most of my games. Including MGS.....

Acid Snow
11-12-2002, 10:14 AM
this game is GETTO compared to Splinter Cell

MerimacHamwich
11-12-2002, 12:46 PM
I just want to say this. Metal Gear Solid on PLaystation was not the first Metal Gear game. If you had Nes or Snes and were old enough that you can remember playing the systems games you should know.

Dre
11-12-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I just want to say this. Metal Gear Solid on PLaystation was not the first Metal Gear game. If you had Nes or Snes and were old enough that you can remember playing the systems games you should know.

LOL... wasn't that a game where you had like a tank/mech'ish suit and you could flip gravity's direction? That game was tough..

JJaX
11-12-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Dre

LOL... wasn't that a game where you had like a tank/mech'ish suit and you could flip gravity's direction? That game was tough..

No.

Metal gear on NES you ran around as snake from like a bird eye view. I forgot how many they made.

But when people say "MGS" they mean Metel gear solid, the PS version, Not metal gear in genral.

JeremyX
11-12-2002, 02:17 PM
but will it match up to Metal Gear Substance's EXCELLENT story line?

MGS2 Had to have the most stupid story line and cut scenes I've seen in a long time. All my friends fell the same way. Splinter Cell even made Hideo Kijima rise an eyebrow. He thought that it looked really good. We no longer need PS2 left-overs!!

HA HA :cool:

MerimacHamwich
11-12-2002, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I was talking about the one JJax said. It was hard as hell. Anyhow, I just htink of Metal Gear Solid as a sequel to Metal Gear. You know, becuase they Just to Snakes first name and put it behind the title. Solid Snake + Metal Gear = Metal Gear Solid.

studepaber
11-12-2002, 02:25 PM
No no no, Donkey Kong is the best game ever.

Leviathon
11-12-2002, 02:38 PM
lol

Batman2372
11-12-2002, 04:56 PM
Like I said in another post... the storyline kinda weirded me out a bit at the end. And I wasn't keen about the whole fighting naked thing.

It also bothered me that I spent more time as Raiden than Snake. Snake is infinitely cooler.

Oh well... Sam Fischer, here I come!

oddworld20-3000
11-12-2002, 07:00 PM
I just need to know how to get Skateboarding Mode.

y2kash_14
11-12-2002, 08:55 PM
all i am saying is that you guys may be counting out MGS a little too soon, and yes i have read a Tom Clancey book (quite a few actually), and i have played his games before. It just may be that i am a huge Metal Gear fan, but i am certain it should be a close race. And to whoever thought the original Metal Gear was a mech game........tsk....tsk