PDA

View Full Version : Ign reviewed Unreal Championship

Dark Enemy
11-11-2002, 10:20 PM
Any body whos an ign insider please give us the score it got at ign. thanx in advance

oddworld20-3000
11-11-2002, 10:22 PM
Yeah tell me about Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance. Gamespot are Fuc*ing *******s for giving it 8.7

Dark Enemy
11-11-2002, 10:26 PM
i dont really believe gamespot reviews, i usually like taking peoples opinions, but i aslo like the way ign reviews games.

just my $.02

Dark Enemy
11-11-2002, 10:31 PM
i just found the reviews from another board so here it is:

Presentation
Lots of text describing arenas and characters and a few movies here and there to convey the "sport" theme, but not much glitz and glamour otherwise. 7.0

Graphics
Very good considering there's no difference between the look of online and offline games. Occasional stutters in framerate. 8.0

Sound
Good sound effects from guns, explosions and characters, but annoying game announcing can get to you. 8.0

Gameplay
Aim. Shoot. Repeat. But it's done well enough in both the single player and online modes that you will not get bored. 9.0

Lasting Appeal
Enjoyable multiplayer game modes and the potential for downloadable content through Xbox Live will keep you and UC fresh. 10.0

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 9.2

EHWfedPres
11-11-2002, 10:49 PM
The gamespot reviewers are just PS2 fans reviewing all games...they dont give a shyt.

l Maximus l
11-11-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by PublicEnemy2k3
i just found the reviews from another board so here it is:

Presentation
Lots of text describing arenas and characters and a few movies here and there to convey the "sport" theme, but not much glitz and glamour otherwise. 7.0

Graphics
Very good considering there's no difference between the look of online and offline games. Occasional stutters in framerate. 8.0

Sound
Good sound effects from guns, explosions and characters, but annoying game announcing can get to you. 8.0

Gameplay
Aim. Shoot. Repeat. But it's done well enough in both the single player and online modes that you will not get bored. 9.0

Lasting Appeal
Enjoyable multiplayer game modes and the potential for downloadable content through Xbox Live will keep you and UC fresh. 10.0

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 9.2

Thanks for the info, buddy....

In looking at their scores and what they have to say about each column...I got to thinking that the 7.0 for presentation kinda bugged me. But, who cares about the presentation? Isn't that just the cut scenes before actually playing the game?

I'm also a little concerned about their score in regards to graphics. 8.0? I understand that UC looks identical to the graphical brilliance of Unreal Tournament 2003. If that's the case, then, it definately should be above 8.0...Unreal Tournament 2003 looks sweet!

SPARTAN VI
11-11-2002, 11:42 PM
IM STILL BUYIN!:D

l Maximus l
11-11-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
IM STILL BUYIN!:D

Hell, yeah, dude! I'm all over UC like stink on dung! :D

SPARTAN VI
11-11-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Hell, yeah, dude! I'm all over UC like stink on dung! :D

Great! See ya on LIVE this friday! Oh yeah, and check ur PMs.

l Maximus l
11-11-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

Great! See ya on LIVE this friday! Oh yeah, and check ur PMs.

I can't wait! But, unfortunately for me, I won't be able to get on XBL until after 9:00pm PST this Friday... :( But, I'll be playing late...VERY LATE (or should I say early :D)

By the way, I responded to your PM :)

Dark Enemy
11-12-2002, 12:12 AM
i have this and mechassault preordered

l Maximus l
11-12-2002, 12:41 AM
i have this and mechassault preordered

The more I've been reading about Mechassault, the more I'm becoming interested. But, I think I'm going to rent Mechassault first before I spend the cash...

My hesitation at this point in actually buying it is due to fearing that I'll get smothered by too many good choices in games and not paying enough attention at Unreal Championship which I plan on mastering :D

Dark Enemy
11-12-2002, 01:45 AM
what do u guys think of ghost reacon, im getting that too.

J Dub
11-12-2002, 01:56 AM
Well that is an EXCELLENT score. I might just buy this instead of NHL 2k3. But jeez, I don't know. This is such a hard decision. I love hockey, but UNREAL!!! C'MON!!

*dies*

Dark Enemy
11-12-2002, 02:08 AM
i would get both, but if u can get uc first and get a nhl later, sports game prices go down faster than fps games

JJaX
11-12-2002, 09:05 AM

Gameplay

Aim shoot and repeat? What F'n Morons........

Leviathon
11-12-2002, 09:18 AM
If I could get XBL, this would be a definite buy...

BL4ZE
11-12-2002, 09:46 AM
I cant decide between Mechassault and Unreal Championship. Im also gettin XBL and Splinter cell, so I can only pick one.

Dark Enemy
11-12-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

lol i never realized that. that guy is a dumb***

tWoTOMA
11-12-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

why? isn't that the case with all first and third person shooters?? even halo is aim shoot and repeat. whos the F'n moron?

XBX_Junior_XBX
11-12-2002, 07:58 PM
It's going to be a 9.0 or higher!!! : P

l Maximus l
11-12-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by tWoTOMA

why? isn't that the case with all first and third person shooters?? even halo is aim shoot and repeat. whos the F'n moron?

I think what JJaX is talking about is justified. I mean, let's be reasonable. The reviewer obviously hinted to downgrade UC. I mean, I can make any game *sound* dumb, but, it doesn't mean it is. Besides, there is a lot of skill that takes place instead of "aim, shoot, and repeat". I agree with JJaX...they are morons.

In fact, let me attempt to make all racing games sound stupid: "Gas, brake, turn". Does that make all racing games bad? Of course not...but, it sure sounds like I could be putting down the genre or a specific racing game. Know what I mean?

POD13259
11-12-2002, 08:25 PM
9.2 sounds good to me. I know where my next paycheck is going. (That and about 40 other games XD )

SPARTAN VI
11-12-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I think what JJaX is talking about is justified. I mean, let's be reasonable. The reviewer obviously hinted to downgrade UC. I mean, I can make any game *sound* dumb, but, it doesn't mean it is. Besides, there is a lot of skill that takes place instead of "aim, shoot, and repeat". I agree with JJaX...they are morons.

In fact, let me attempt to make all racing games sound stupid: "Gas, brake, turn". Does that make all racing games bad? Of course not...but, it sure sounds like I could be putting down the genre or a specific racing game. Know what I mean?

I agree, one of the strategies/skills includes...RECOIL! Yup, that SPRAY AND PRAY strategy won't work online, CS veterans (like myself:cool: )and Ghost Recon veterans know that. Depending on ur speed and/or position of ur body greatly affect the destination of your bullet. Crouching and shooting in short controlled burts increases accuracy but, running, going full-auto, or the combination of the two (OR U JUST CANT AIM:rolleyes: ) will get you licking your blood off the floor. If all you(JJAX) plan on doing is aim, shoot, repeat... lets just see how long you'll last online, though it might work better for UC than Ghost Recon or Counter-Strike.

Koopa
11-12-2002, 11:00 PM
Ghost Recon veterans (like myself

you played it ONCE at my house:D

SPARTAN VI
11-12-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Koopa

you played it ONCE at my house:D

ARE YOU A MORON!? I wasn't talking about being a GR vet, I was talking about being a CS vet. Think before you talk Koopa, or else I'll drop ur house on you!:mad:

Shiet, Ghost Recon is like my Rainbow 6, and Rogue Spear anyway. That's why I kicked @$$ at it when I was at ur house, and u couldn't figure out how to pick the right weapons...:rolleyes:

DIGITAL
11-13-2002, 07:45 AM
i cant wait to pick this game up !