PDA

View Full Version : need help!!!!

sniperdoggy
11-11-2002, 10:56 PM
im trying to connect to xbox live using a direct connection but its not confirming my IP can anyone help please!!!!!!!

sniperdoggy
11-11-2002, 11:00 PM
please!!

l Maximus l
11-11-2002, 11:02 PM
I don't believe that XBox Live is usable for non-Beta testers until the 15th.

sniperdoggy
11-11-2002, 11:18 PM
no i swear it was working i was online playing the motogp game i got mine early i think i know theres a way to set up xbox live through a home network??

Casper
11-11-2002, 11:19 PM
Try rebooting your cable/dsl modem/router. If that don't work, then try and go into your Settings on XBL and try a connection test

l Maximus l
11-11-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by sniperdoggy
no i swear it was working i was online playing the motogp game i got mine early i think i know theres a way to set up xbox live through a home network??

You mean by having your internet hooked up to your computer and for your XBox at the same time? If that's the case, simply use a HUB, Switch, or a Router and you'll be fine :)

sniperdoggy
11-11-2002, 11:39 PM
i still dont get it???

l Maximus l
11-11-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by sniperdoggy
i still dont get it???

Dude...if my first hunch was right...then, this is all you need to do:

Just get a HUB (really inexpensive)...and run a patch cable from your broadband modem into the "uplink" port on the HUB. Next, run a second CAT 5 patch cable from an available port on the HUB (Port #1, for example) into your ethernet card on your CPU. Then, finally, run a third patch cable from another available port on your HUB (Port #2, for example) and run the other end into your XBox.

This installation will allow you to play XBox Live on your TV and use the internet on your computer. I hope that helps :)