PDA

View Full Version : Just got off the phone with EB and.....

Casper
11-12-2002, 11:37 AM
Well, 2 good things...and 1 that will make Maxy-XBA drink a few more beers (like an excuse is needed :D)

The games that are for XBL that will be released this week are:

Tomorrow (Wednesday)

Ghost Recon
MechAssault

Friday the 15th (Happy B-day Xbox)

XBL Retail Kit
Unreal Championship <<~~ Yes, they did push it to the 15th now!!!

Well, for those of you that don't have XBL yet, this is ok for you, but for those of us that are beta testing.....WHY??!!?? :mad:

XBOX MSSC
11-12-2002, 11:40 AM
thanks for the info, lester. sucks about unreal, tho... :)

Dark Enemy
11-12-2002, 12:15 PM
i thought unreal was suppose to be out on the 13th and then they changed it to the 14th, the wait is gonna seem longer.:(

MerimacHamwich
11-12-2002, 12:40 PM
It is better on the 15th becuase then no one will have had practice yet and plus, it is friday.

Dark Enemy
11-12-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
It is better on the 15th becuase then no one will have had practice yet and plus, it is friday.

yeah i guess it will be better, so no one can have an advantage and everybody can start out equal.

Brevity
11-12-2002, 01:18 PM
Two things I JUST got a email from EB "thanks yada yada your order of UC will be sent out the 14 sorry" but if your right and I get another that says they are shipping it the 15, will I get it on Sat? I got a friend that it says his order of XBL wont ship till 15 so can he expect it on sat? We both have overnight but I fear that they wont do that.

MerimacHamwich
11-12-2002, 01:48 PM
Caspers dates are INSTORE dates. Therefor they will be shipped out on the 12th and arrive on the 13th and shipped on the 14th and arrive on the 15th.

Brevity
11-12-2002, 01:51 PM
That still leaves my friend thing to be answerd, thanks

MerimacHamwich
11-12-2002, 01:55 PM
If your friends package ships on friday teh 15th and you have 1 day shipping it will get there on saturday. Well it should. It depends who is shipping it. UPS won't get it to you until sunday earliest. They might not deliver on sunday anymore though, so maybe monday is the earliest you can expect it. If I were either of you guys, or both, I would go to a local store and buy the kit. You can get it from pretty much anywhere.

Walmart, Futureshop, superstore, EBworld. I guess in the states that would include Babbages and BestBuy.

Batman2372
11-12-2002, 02:45 PM
Overnight shipping that is done on a Friday is still not delivered until Monday unless expressly requested for Saturday delivery and that's with an additional cost.

Running a paintball field, I had to deal with this constantly (trying to get a gun in for the Saturday rush, etc.) I learned quickly that if it is Friday unless you REALLY want it on Saturday, pay for two-day shipping and get it on Monday, because you'll still get it on Monday if you do regular overnight.

That make sense?

l Maximus l
11-12-2002, 08:52 PM
I called the store that I reserved UC at, and, they said that it still appears to be shipped and arriving on the 13th. The store is called Game Crazy, who is associated with Hollywood Video. So, hopefully it comes! I'll find out tomorrow for sure. :D

Dudes...that would be sweet to have a couple days of practice before playing against you dudes! :D hehe... I hope :D

Casper
11-13-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I called the store that I reserved UC at, and, they said that it still appears to be shipped and arriving on the 13th. The store is called Game Crazy, who is associated with Hollywood Video. So, hopefully it comes! I'll find out tomorrow for sure. :D

Dudes...that would be sweet to have a couple days of practice before playing against you dudes! :D hehe... I hope :D

Too bad you didn't have beta bud, or else this wouldn't be a new thing :p

Anywho.....MechAssault and Ghost Recon are now at my local EB. I advise anyone who is interested in these and didn't order them online, to call their local EB or store of their choice, and get these. I'm picking mine up at 4:00 EST.