PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 2003...Anyone played it Yet?

Leviathon
11-12-2002, 02:45 PM
I know that this is possibly in the wrong forum, but I want this to be seen, so don't tell me that this should have been posted in the sports thread.

Anyways, has anyone played this yet? Reviews say that this is possibly the best ever, I just want to hear some real reviews from some respected gamers here.

ARONO129
11-12-2002, 03:20 PM
I bought FIFA 2003 a few days ago. I'll give you the lowdown.

Graphics:
Amazing. I would give it a 10\10. Everything from the jerseys, stadiums, faces, grass texture and even the goal netting looks great. EA even makes the playes hair look real. I was actually surprised about the hair looking so real.

Sound:
John Motson and Allie McCoist (I know I misspelled his name) sound good too. The English accents make the game feel even more authentic. There is even Spanish commentary and menus you can select.

Gameplay:
This is the best EA soccer yet. The controls are tight. The game plays as good as it looks.

Replay value:
There are so many teams I can't begin to list them all. Play a friendly match, tournament, or season.

Sounds too good to be true? Yup. I'm surprised that Canada isn't in there. No create a team and no create a player. And no online play.

Would I buy this game even with the negatives. Yes. The graphics and gameplay are that good. Hope this helps.

BTW...You wanted an opinion from "respected players" well I babbled through over 100 posts so far.....

ARONO129
11-12-2002, 09:04 PM
Also in FIFA 2003 what the players are saying on the field is real too (at least in Spanish which is my wife's first language).

I was playing USA vs. Argentina and the players were speaking in Spanish. What they were saying was "Up", "Down", "Now", "Give it to me", and "Pass me". Another nice Ea touch that adds to the realism.

mitchrules1
11-13-2002, 12:59 AM
No canada Team WTF> God damn Americans controlling all the games