PDA

View Full Version : Pistols

pickle
11-12-2002, 03:47 PM
Ok, I often get my azz handed to me in xbc.
The main thing I notice is the accuracy of lots of players have with the pistol.
Them: 3 shots, I'm dead.
Me: 43 shots, they're still alive. :confused:

Do you pistol pros always aim directly at the head?
Do you use the scope at all in the tighter arenas like rat race and prisoner? What about in the more open ones like Hang Em or Derelict?

Any tips are appreciated.

clutch
11-12-2002, 03:54 PM
Yes . Most likely the players on xbc aim for the head. I tried out some thing with halo multiplayer one time and it takes exactly three shots too the head with the pistol to kill Master Cheif. So if u wanna win aim for the head.

pickle
11-12-2002, 03:59 PM
Yeah for sure... its 3 head shots, 5 body shots, or 6 leg shots.
But its freakin hard to aim for the head all the time in the heat of battle. I just go for trying to get a hit, let alone focus on a head shot.

E Nomini Patri
11-12-2002, 05:53 PM
I like the melee kill the best. Pi$$es people off when they have a rocket launcher and I melee them to death. Mwahahaha! I only use the scope on the pistol if it is really long range, otherwise, no.

ShannonX
11-13-2002, 08:55 AM
my favorite map is the longest hall one. Last night i played and me and him won 3 or 4 games on that one with scores like 50 - 8, 50 - 13 ect... was fun.... i wish it was live capable... but oh well. Thats life i guess.

pickle
11-13-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
my favorite map is the longest hall one. Last night i played and me and him won 3 or 4 games on that one with scores like 50 - 8, 50 - 13 ect... was fun.... i wish it was live capable... but oh well. Thats life i guess.

Well did u use the pistol lots, or the shotgun?
Whats your pistol technique? Always going for headshots or what?

OppiumNitrates
11-14-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by pickle
Ok, I often get my azz handed to me in xbc.
The main thing I notice is the accuracy of lots of players have with the pistol.
Them: 3 shots, I'm dead.
Me: 43 shots, they're still alive. :confused:

Do you pistol pros always aim directly at the head?
Do you use the scope at all in the tighter arenas like rat race and prisoner? What about in the more open ones like Hang Em or Derelict?

Any tips are appreciated.

I am a pistol Jedi, known for 1 shot kills from accross Hang 'em in no shield games

3 shots for a kill, but all dont have to be the head only the last one . . .

2 quick shots to take down the shield and 1 head shot for the kill(i try to put all 3 shots in the head just cauz. . . .)

-I usually zoom if the person is not moving or long and med range . . ..
-I dont zoom if im strifing a ledge and shooting or they are shotgun range.

Always go for head shots. . . . ALWAYS. . . . even if your on the red base in Hang 'em and they r at the Blue . . . if you can hit their head at this distance then close range should not be a problem. . . Also using both analog sticks together with a sensitivity level that works well for you is also very important

pickle
11-18-2002, 02:41 PM
Thanks ON.
Curious... what do you have your joystick speed set to?

I will admit... when I host I do WAY better.

I think that hosts have a HUGE advantage.

OppiumNitrates
11-18-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by pickle
Thanks ON.
Curious... what do you have your joystick speed set to?

I will admit... when I host I do WAY better.

I think that hosts have a HUGE advantage.

I play on sensitivity level 7 but i moved it up from 3(default) to 7 by 1 point a day to get used to it.

Yes but latly I find the host advantage to be BS. . . . yeah when u host u get no delay but when you join all you have to do is aim half an inch in front of the guy moving .. . . .. when its choppy and LAGed out, thats a different story.