PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue 3 a no-go!?!?

Dre
11-12-2002, 04:09 PM
For those that haven't seen the front page of XBA:

With Shenmue 2 recently being released in America for the Xbox, it’s emerged that, should it not sell well, Shenmue 3 will never see the light of day.

Given the less than impressive Xbox sales in any region, we’d be surprised if Shenmue 3 isn’t thrown into the trash compressor. A crying shame given the brilliant gameplay that was had with the first two games.

Course, could be a rumour, so you never know.

K, I didn't buy the first Shenmue seeing how I didn't own a DC. I bought Shenmue II on Xbox because of the way Ninja was talkin about it. I played it, and loved it.

Anyone who's played this game knows that this story needs to be told through to its completion. You just can't stop half-way through!

I do agree with a comment Hugh-Jass said, that Sega should have exploited the Xbox's hardware a bit more, but I still think that the gameplay and storyline were MORE than enuf to make up for this.

If Shenmue 3 doesn't see the light of day, I can say for sure that there will be an incredible amount of peeved and dissapointed gamers around the world.

Mercury
11-12-2002, 04:31 PM
I'd for one would be happy.

JimmieDoogan
11-12-2002, 04:50 PM
Merc, have you played any of the Shenmue's? If not no wonder you'd be happy. You have no idea how awsome those games are. One of the greatest RPG's ever made, plain and simple. I would be ****ed as hell to not have the opportunity to see the end of this story... who knows where it leads, the possibilities are endless. I hope to god they make all the Shenmue games, but I hope the next one actually takes advantage of the Xbox's power!

Laxeph
11-12-2002, 05:20 PM
Merc, why the hell would you be happy. Even if you didn't like the game, why would you be happy if it didn't come out. It's not like you have to buy it. Others enjoy it, so why should you care if it comes out.

xboxmaster2002
11-12-2002, 05:29 PM
yu Susuki (spelling is off) annuced that he had some technology that would make in game graphics look like CG movies so why would he not make shenmue 3 if he really has this

Kortiz
11-12-2002, 05:52 PM
i just read this......and i still dont have SHenmue2 for finacial reasons, but why not do some advertising the game on T.V.?

wish i had this game already, but i dont cuz i so broke til my birthday, also i got college to worry about, games delay my studies.

monkeyman
11-12-2002, 06:03 PM
Yu Susuki or however you spell his name has actually announced that there will be a shenmue III so there is nothing to worry about

guessed it sold pretty well so yay:D

thunderkiss2k1
11-12-2002, 06:22 PM
Y-u S-u-z-u-k-i. :D

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-12-2002, 06:31 PM
I think that sega could make a killer app/ system seller if the made shenmue 3 from the ground up useing the xbox's true power!!......i still have hope for shenmue 2 on the xbox....i just ordered a copy after renting it......all the game needs is a little marketing....

Mercury
11-12-2002, 06:44 PM
Yes, I did play them.

Ok, maybe not happy, but I wouldn't care.

FuNkY mOnK
11-12-2002, 06:51 PM
Please no spoilers as i'm not finished with shenmue 2, but if it ends like 1 we will be left hanging with no where to go?

Dre
11-12-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
Please no spoilers as i'm not finished with shenmue 2, but if it ends like 1 we will be left hanging with no where to go?

No spoiler, don't worry. The story does leave you hanging, but it also finishes well at the same time. Sort of like the Lord of the Rings books.. the books each end well, but you want to read all of em to get the whole picture from beginning to end.

Afro Aura
11-12-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Dre
If Shenmue 3 doesn't see the light of day, I can say for sure that there will be an incredible amount of peeved and dissapointed gamers around the world.
too right mate I'd be well peeved it there wasn't a Shenmue 3 being developed as we speak
You just can't leave Shenmue 2 without an ending, if Shenmue 3 is the last then so be it just make sure you finish the story Yu Suzuki (although you did say there were 16 chapters in Shenmue, I just want to know how your gonna fit these 16 chapters on Shenmue 3, if this will be the last outing?)

I have to say there wasn't that much difference in the graphics for the XBOX version, as my friend brought his DC down so we could do a comparison, I bought the XBOX version looking for a well improved version of Shenmue 2 but all I got was a little bit more colour, faster loading times and a bit of smoothing for the characters (but not enough) and thats it I'd think Yu Suzuki would have gone flat-out to improve his greatest creation 'Shenmue' on the XBOX giving the power it has.

Lets see what happens in Shenmue 3, becuz if there ain't no Shenmue 3 I'll be dropping down to Sega and string up Yu Suzuki and start prodding him with a red hot metal prod

I'm playing Shenmue 2 (XBOX) again this time to get all the cut-scenes, it is still a great game