PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell already has over 1.1 million preorders...

carlbme
11-12-2002, 06:15 PM
And to think most of the media is saying the Xbox has no games that people are looking forward to this season :rolleyes:

A bit from the article is below (http://www.xboxgamers.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1037123291,82997,)

"The Splinter Cell buzz keeps getting louder thanks to our local marketing efforts with Microsoft," said Alain Corre, Ubi Soft's Managing Director for Europe, Asia-Pacific and South America. "We already have 1.1 million pre-orders across the world for the game, and the momentum is building as more people discover how we've taken stealth-action gaming to a whole new level."

wweomaniac
11-13-2002, 04:16 PM
this is b.s to the max. I don't believe that 1 in 4 xbox gamers have reserved splinter cell.

Itll be an amazing game... but no... not that many reserves. GTA4 got 4 million reserves. 1 Million is a lot for a game that isn't even really that known about to non-xbox owners.

It could become "that 3rd person shooter you NEED" for xbox, but I bet itll just surprise a lot of ppl and make ppl wanna buy it.

and plus... its just the company saying this. Microsoft said they were doing well in Japan when they started.

Itll be a cool game anyway :)

mitchrules1
11-13-2002, 04:18 PM
I think this game is over rated I think it is a good game but not by far the best.

fowlowl
11-13-2002, 06:10 PM
4 million reserves for Vice City also means 1 in 3 PS2ers reserving Vice City. Why is that statistic so easy for you to believe and impossible for Splinter Cell?

I can believe 1.1 million reserves for Splinter Cell. Sh*t, I reserved two copies. wweomaniac said 'how can it reach one million when non-xboxers hardly know about it' WTF. I dont think non-xboxers are going to reserve a copy of Xbox's SC for their PS2/Gamecube.

Knight
11-13-2002, 06:13 PM
This is world wide preorders! So it's not just US preorders!

wweomaniac
11-13-2002, 07:54 PM
i'm just saying that Splinter Cell hasn't yet been established that much. Maybe if this were Splinter Cell 2 and SC came out on launch date (theoretically)... Splinter Cell could have a lot of reserves.

And when I said that "not really known by non-xbox owners"... I meant it wasn't going to impact sales as much as metroid and GTA 4 will for their consoles come christmas.

XBX_Junior_XBX
11-13-2002, 08:03 PM
Awesome, I wonder why??? : P The best game ever maybe.

XBX_Junior_XBX
11-13-2002, 08:06 PM
sdsd

rio2012
11-13-2002, 08:23 PM
WOW!!!!! Maybe i should join those 1.1 million!!!!:cool:

Xbox Owner
11-13-2002, 08:33 PM
Sorry, but I got to go with WWE on this one..I don't think it's that well-known..

Woocifer
11-14-2002, 12:11 AM
IF the game is being toted as the MGS killer...I have a feeling that there is a lot of knowledge about this game. 1.1 million...I could care less... all I know is that the game is pushing the idea of espionage gaming to a more realistic level with a more comprehensive plot.

But if the game is called the Metal Gear Solid Killer...you better damn well expect people to know it either to praise or to punish it when it comes out.

That's like saying the Halo killer or the Mario killer or the Grand Theft Auto Killer....

MerimacHamwich
11-14-2002, 07:36 PM
Does anyone know what the online aspects are in this game? I tried to find em out but couldn't.

XBX_Junior_XBX
11-14-2002, 08:03 PM
You'll be able to download new maps, guns and much more in Splinter Cell via Xbox Live. Can't wait to see the new maps. OXM november issue tells everything you need to know about it. Splinter Cell is going to be the best Stealth Game ever made in any console!!! : P

MerimacHamwich
11-14-2002, 08:13 PM
That's cool. I was hoping that they might put somegameplay into live though. Ah well. It should still rule.

carlbme
11-14-2002, 08:28 PM
I thought it was the December issue. The one that has the demo disk with the Splinter Cell demo.

Dre
11-14-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
That's cool. I was hoping that they might put somegameplay into live though. Ah well. It should still rule.

What would you have made multiplayer? Its a stealth game developed for single-player. I don't see much fun in a game like this (and I played the demo alot) of being online. I like the fact that you can get downloadable content on live though.

What will it take for people to be happy?!?!?

MerimacHamwich
11-14-2002, 08:49 PM
Well I was thinking the same thing as you. Then I thought about having multiple people sneaking around a level on live trying to ambush eachother. It would be pretty cool. You could even have teams. Imagine sneaking up behind a guy. As you get closer you purposely breath louder to intimidate him. He cannot see you. Finally, out of the black of the shadows you pounce, screaming, guns blaring. He flees in terror shooting randomly through open space. Ahhh, that would be sweet.

Dre
11-14-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Well I was thinking the same thing as you. Then I thought about having multiple people sneaking around a level on live trying to ambush eachother. It would be pretty cool. You could even have teams. Imagine sneaking up behind a guy. As you get closer you purposely breath louder to intimidate him. He cannot see you. Finally, out of the black of the shadows you pounce, screaming, guns blaring. He flees in terror shooting randomly through open space. Ahhh, that would be sweet.

That does sound like lots of fun!! It also sounds alot like Ghost Recon from what I've heard... hmm... :>

MerimacHamwich
11-14-2002, 08:59 PM
Yeah, it would be close. Splinter Cell would be even less shooting though. Better graphics too.

chili325
11-14-2002, 09:53 PM
Over one million at $50 a game. Thats pretty cool. Those developers are millionares now just cuz they worked hard at what they loved to do....HAVE FUN. After everyones paid how much u think the devs get each? 500,000?