PDA

View Full Version : Xbox and Game impressions!

mojo__31
11-16-2001, 11:40 AM
First off, the Xbox rocks, its all I expected and more, I am indeed pleased. The system and interface is top notch. Here is the list of games I purchased and my impressions:

Halo: purely awesome, very engrossing, especially if you read the novel prequel to it. Graphics are superb, controls become easy after an hour or two, enemy AI is very well done, difficult. I am playing on Normal mode, and at points it was very hard, especially trying to get to the the gravity lift to board the enemy ship. This game is a winner!

DOA3: Graphics are jaw dropping, game play is easy and smooth. Story mode is brief and unfulfilling though. But for pure fighting it doesn't get much better. This is a multiplayer game, single mode is only good for honing skills, but its still a winner overall.

Project Gotham Racing: Sweet graphics, good physics and real driving feel. Kudos system is cool. My biggest complaint is the interface, it is not clear all the time and not intuitive on how you go through and advance, overall, sweet racing title, as good as I have ever played!

NFL Fever: Pure NFL Bliss!!! This was better than I could have ever expected. Much smoother playing than Madden, easier to pick up the finer points, WAY better graphics, balanced play, it really makes you feel part of the game, as animations are much more complete and smooth. Must have for any football fans!!!
(I have played Madden 2002 as well)

Mad Dash Racing: I have spent the least time with this game so far of my bundle, just played one trial course. The graphics are just what you expect from this type of game, very nice. Gameplay is fast and fluid. I just can't say alot yet, need to play it more. Looks like it will be a fun head to head racer, I doubt it will have much for single player.

Xbox ROCKS, if you don't have one, Get One!!!

scarecrow kfj
11-16-2001, 12:06 PM
Halo is amazing best game I ever played. DOA3 graphics and game play are great.. It will take a long time to master all those moves. Oddworld is funney and a lad back fun game. Still waiting for my other two games to be deliverd. I played fusion frenzy on odds demo and it looks like it will be a fun game.. Hell I had fun playing the demo. I will rent just to make sure it is the buy I think it is.

jeah
11-16-2001, 02:44 PM
I wanna know more about mad dash!

l Maximus l
11-16-2001, 02:53 PM
Halo: Absolutely amazing! The hype surrounding this game didn't live up to the the actual game! In other words, the game is much better than the hype! Beatiful graphics (try looking down on the grass, it looks like real grass!)...the game play is smooth. The controls were a little strange at first, but, after getting used to it, I wouldn't want them to be different! They are perfect! I love how you can play coop and that the game is set up for the System Link Cable...I can't wait to get home and play more!

PGR: I only played this for 20 miinutes so far...I was so dead tired after camping out all night to get my XBox. The graphics are beautiful...the best I have ever seen...200 tracks...and they even give you a great car selection (only three) when you begin the game before you unlock even better cars....I'm liking the Benz :D I'm still trying to figure out the controls...and so far, I have only earned a bronze...I need to get a little better...bring on the Kudos...I'm going gold tonight :D