PDA

View Full Version : advanced av pack

aliaga61
11-16-2001, 11:48 AM
what is the difference between the advanced av pack and the regular av jacks that come with xbox?

l Maximus l
11-16-2001, 03:04 PM
Here you go:

Advanced AV Pack:
http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/logos/219.jpg For TVs with S-Video inputs, AV inputs, and digital or surround sound audio receiver, enabling higher quality images and sound during gameplay and DVD movie viewing.

The cables that come with the XBox are RCA cables. This is not the bottom of the barrel, but, it is when it comes to cable connections. The worst is the RFU Adapter.

It's noteworthy to mention that the Advanced AV Pack has gold connections...which make the connection nice and clean. I have the Advanced AV Pack and let me tell you...the clarity is amazing! The audio is crystal clear. If you have an S-video TV, get the Advanced AV Pack....if you don't have S-Video, the regular RCA cables will do you just fine :)

aliaga61
11-16-2001, 03:06 PM
ok, i gotcha...thanks

aliaga61
11-16-2001, 03:10 PM
one more question...does the adapter plug straight into the tv or do you need additional cable to connect the two?

l Maximus l
11-16-2001, 03:52 PM
The Advanced AV Pack has four wires...one plugs into your S-Video Jack on your TV (it is a five prong jack - has five tiny holes so the prongs on the cable connection go straight in...plug this in carefully otherwise you could damage the prongs - just in case :))

The other three are your traditional white, red, and yellow cables...put these into your audio and video inputs...closest to your S-Video jack. All connections are gold for maximum perfection :D So, plug those cables into the Advanced AV Pack and then the other side into your TV :) The picture above doesn't show the other set of wires that come with the Advanced AV Pack...it will make sense when you buy it...it's a must buy if you have an S-Video TV

The other side plugs straight into your XBox...all you have to do now is plug in your juice (main power cable) into the wall and into your XBox and you are in business :)

Hugh_Jass
11-17-2001, 09:17 PM
I have two complaints about the Advanced AV Pack:
1) The cable that runs from the XBox to the break out box should be much longer.
2) The stereo/S-Video cable they include is only useful if your s-video input is right next to your stereo input. Mine isn't. I had to supply my own cables.