PDA

View Full Version : "Official" Halo thread.

VAN
11-16-2001, 12:08 PM
Geez. The best game, and no specific thread? Well lets get one going.

The Warthog combat vehicle is Friggin' amazing after you master the controls. Expect to spend 15-30 minutes honing your driving skills. I wouldn't recommend driving too far until you get the hang of it. You wouldn't wanna get surrounded by Covenent soldiers and forget how to steer the vehicle. :D

ALso, did anyone bother to modify their soldiers body armor? I was so quick to hit "play", that I didn't take the time to read the options. Currently I'm playing with orange body armor in place of the default yellowish-green.

Twisted J
11-18-2001, 09:01 AM
if you think the warthog is cool wait to you get in that snowy area and get to drive a tank with 4 other marines!

SquirrelJam
11-19-2001, 10:38 AM
VAN, traffic is low because everyone is playing HALO.

This d a m n game has taken over my life. I'm on mission 8, "two betrayels". I tell you, I'm having trouble getting anything else in my life done. It was two days before I cracked the seal on any of my other games!

Halo is deep man. If you're having trouble now, there is some stuff that you will encounter that will freak you out.

GOOD LUCK!

VAN
11-19-2001, 11:27 AM
I posted the day after I got the xbox, so I'm much further along in the game now. Just finished the assault on the control room, getting ready to head to Level 6. :)

Wish I could play straight through, but I've gotta juggle my time carefully. I've worked out the perfect daily time management equation:

8 hours at the job
+2 hours Halo
+2 hours Munch
+2 hours PGR
+2 hours Nascar Thunder
+2 hours DOA3
+2 hours miscellaneous
+4 hours sleep

PurpleShamrock
11-19-2001, 01:39 PM
Nice Van but when do you eat?

VAN
11-19-2001, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by PurpleShamrock
Nice Van but when do you eat?

I'm on the xbox diet plan. :D

Screw Jenny Craig. Wanna drop some pounds? Buy an xbox. You won't eat for days.

xboxman_1
11-20-2001, 07:46 PM
I dont play Halo as much as I should, but I was wondering. On some sites I've seen weapons that aren't in the instruction manual. Like a machete or a flamethrower? Anyone seen weapons not described in the insruction book??

RandyJom
11-23-2001, 09:48 AM
On one of the Capture the Flag multiplayers--Iron CTF I think--you get a tank for each team, It's awsome on Blood Gultch. You can drive the tank while your team mate is riding along with the other team's flag!

xboxman_1
11-23-2001, 12:03 PM
On one of the Capture the Flag multiplayers--Iron CTF I think--you get a tank for each team, It's awsome on Blood Gultch. You can drive the tank while your team mate is riding along with the other team's flag!
No way? Are you seious? Thats awesome. I have to go try that right away.

Twisted J
11-23-2001, 12:11 PM
I BEET IT I BEET IT I BEET IT !

Cortana: Looks like its all over
Cheif: no, i think its just getting started

gtaplayer
11-24-2001, 06:17 PM
how many hours is this game????

And how many hours is each level???

VAN
11-24-2001, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by gtaplayer
how many hours is this game????

And how many hours is each level???

Well that is almost impossible to guage. I think a modest estimate for a first time playing completely through on Normal mode would be 15 hours to complete the game. You can shave a lot of time off of this by bypassing a lot of the areas, and simply running past some of the baddies. You can also add time to this estimate if you make an effort to kill everything you come across, and search out all hidden areas of the game.

addict733
11-24-2001, 10:12 PM
ne one play more then 2x2 yet?
i hope to play 4x4 sometime. the only promblem is have 2 tvs close enough.

l Maximus l
11-26-2001, 04:46 PM
Personally, I don't want to play Halo anymore on the Co-op function without using the system link. I want to put this bad boy on four TVs with four XBoxes, four buddies, and four cases of beer :D Then, put this mamma jamma on Legendary and start kicking some Covenant ass :D

RandyJom
11-26-2001, 06:46 PM
You can't use the system link in co-op. You can only have 2 people do Co-op campaign, you can do up to 16 player split-screen (regular multiplayer) with linked systems.

RandyJom
11-29-2001, 02:21 PM
Hate to post two times in a row, but I think we should keep the "Offical" Halo Thread alive. Does anyone else really hate the one multiplayer level where there are all those red teleporter doors?

Toonz
11-29-2001, 05:07 PM
In response to the post about " weapons " I am not sure about the machette but there were plans for a flamethrower originally but I read somewhere that it was taken out of the game for final product.

The shotgun is so much fun who needs one anyways :^)

xboxman_1
11-29-2001, 10:08 PM
The shotgun is so much fun who needs one anyways :^)
I hea' ya Toonz! Anyone else love to blow up the flood baddies with the shotgun?

shoulda2
12-01-2001, 05:14 AM
yes the red teleport door one does suck.

ShannonX
12-03-2001, 06:52 PM
ahh, yes, the shotgun, my favorite weapon....i wish we could get that sword that the sword guy from the covenant uses...that would be awesoem.

ShannonX
12-03-2001, 07:10 PM
lets make this the official thread for halo... :)

(i wanted to play with the sticky thing...haha)

lets go on a quest to find the secret areas and easter eggs (if any)..... post them here if you find them.... we can use this thread to share our findings with each other..... good luck!

bonk
12-07-2001, 02:59 PM
Look at my web page to see what I did with a Warthog: http://homepage.mac.com/bonk1221/

ShannonX
12-07-2001, 04:59 PM
you have to much free time... :D

Alec
12-08-2001, 05:04 PM
OMFG I hate the teleport level so bad....... its very annoying best thing you can do is camp and I hate that. ( unless I got my handy dandy Sniper Rifle. ) hehe

xboxman_1
12-09-2001, 08:37 PM
Does anybody else hate it when you are playing Halo multiplayer on split screen, and your buddy kills you because he looked on your screen to find out where you were? That annoys the hell out of me, especially when he camps out with a sniper rifle waiting for you, and just sits there watching your screen and not his until you get close. My friends always think I'm just bit**in, but I think it's bull when they kill me like that. That's why I can't wait for one of my friends to et himself an xbox, so we can use separate TV's..... No more bullsh** kills after that!

RandyJom
12-10-2001, 01:44 PM
on the first level if you look around the bridge and the mess hall, you find a few buillitin boards, on one of them is a paper saying:
For Sale
Pentium XI

and a few other interesting posts.:)

LynxFX
12-10-2001, 03:37 PM
Finally sat down last night and finished it. Wow that last level was intense.

Toonz
12-10-2001, 06:11 PM
I need some help plz. I am playing HALO on legendary and I have just boarded the Ship via that teleporter beam in the middle of the circle. To Start I have the sniper rifle with 21 shots and a full Assault Rifle along with my marines. So far this is how it goes. A invisible Elite with sword appears and I take him out with 2 shots of the sniper rifle. Than 2 doors open up allowing about 15 convenant in. I take theses all out with minamal losses ( maybe loose 1 marine ) but now all hell breaks loose. In comes Invisible Elite #2 with sword. As soon as I spot him I plant a plasma grenade oh him ( bye bye ) but by now there are about 20 convenant on my tail most of them with shields and marines are all dead. This is where I always die. I usually grab the camoflage and take out what I can with melee and than plant myself in safe corner or hallway. Unfortunately 2 more Invisible Elites enter the picture along with all the others. I see no way out of this level. Even if I snipe whats around I am stuck in that the Elite eventually charge in and BAM tis all over. Any help getting through would be great

Thanks in advance

ShannonX
12-10-2001, 07:45 PM
thats currently where i'm at as well..but i'm doing co-op.... we got it down to a science....we run into the hallway that has the 2 openings and the long back hallway. Then one of us stands in the back corner and the other goes out and takes out what he can before he dies. Then he respons (hince why one of us stays in the hallway) using this method (on about the 15th attempt) we got out of the main room in about 10 minutes or less. Course, we each died about 10 - 15 times in that amount of time. :D

Toonz
12-10-2001, 08:52 PM
Kewl dude wish I had partner but I am flying solo. GL on the rest

XboxFreak666
12-11-2001, 03:26 PM
:eek: I finally beat this game.It took me roughly about 17 hours cause i just kept shooting things. the last level was sweet. I love this game.

LynxFX
12-14-2001, 04:29 AM
Anyone drive a warthog out into the ocean with two marines? It is pretty funny.

Shooting under water makes a real nifty sound.

RandyJom
12-14-2001, 05:26 PM
I did that on Silent Cartographer. I thought once we got like 5 feet from the land, we would hit a wall, but we kept going. Then I thought we would drown once the water got over the gunners head, but we kept going. You don't stop till your like 60 feet below the surface. I showed my friends, and they thought I found a secret level.

monkeyman
12-16-2001, 07:24 PM
halo is the best game for x-box right now duh but any who this is great and i love my x-box how nice is that but i dont really love it i like its just fun

Mario
12-17-2001, 07:52 PM
Halo has to be the most challenging on legendary (its kinda obvious being thats the hardest diffuculty).. It takes me about 1 day to beat one level on legendary, it dont help to die all the time. Right now I'm on the 3rd level, I just boarded the ship from the gravity lift and I haven't got anywhere from there. I beat the game on the other diffuculty, and I remember all the monsters that jump you when you first board the ship, so I got my work put out for me, for now.

I like the warthog the best, the other vehicles you cant really pull stunts when you jump over pig clumps of dirt, try doing a 360° in the warthog on one of the levels, its pretty awesome.

Alec
12-23-2001, 10:05 PM
He he. It took me 4 hours to beat the Pillar of Autumn on Legendary and now I can't get past the very beginning of the second level. You know what I'm talking about.... when the banshees start to attack you and the dropship drops aliens after you.

Any advice to get past this? Im very stuck right now.

RandyJom
12-24-2001, 11:24 AM
Hook up with a buddy, usually just having two people is really helpfull, but if that doesn't work I think Shannon's tactic is the best:

Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
thats currently where i'm at as well..but i'm doing co-op.... we got it down to a science....we run into the hallway that has the 2 openings and the long back hallway. Then one of us stands in the back corner and the other goes out and takes out what he can before he dies. Then he respons (hince why one of us stays in the hallway) using this method (on about the 15th attempt) we got out of the main room in about 10 minutes or less. Course, we each died about 10 - 15 times in that amount of time. :D

You can use it on any level, just get one person to a safe spot, you don't even need a buddy, just use two controllers and get on of them to a safe spot, then just use the other and keep respawning. Works for me:D

E Nomini Patri
12-31-2001, 12:41 AM
I was playing Halo with my cousin and we tried the last level on Legendary. We got through to the lift w/ the Covenant that goes up to the vehicle room. But, when going on the final run where you're timed, I got within 18 meters of the end and time ran out! That was as close as I ever got (and yes, I skipped the first pickup). I can't believe it! It was pretty fun trying to throw the grenades into the manifolds :)!
I can't quite beat the first level on co-op in legendary mode because of the stairway. That part is pretty difficult! I can't imagine what level 7 would be like on Legendary! Ow!

shannon22
01-01-2002, 01:58 PM
i wish i had a cusin who didnt blame everything that goes wrong on me like when he runs a couple rooms ahead and brings back tons of guys its my fault.:mad: and then if i go and melee attack someone he ends up shooting me when everyother time he hits squat and it doesnt help that he is 1000 times bigger and i cant tell him to go away:(