PDA

View Full Version : Mario on XBOX?

xboxtito
11-13-2002, 01:38 PM
This isn't exactly XBOX news, but when I caught wind of this rumor I just had to pass it along. Much like Sega, it seems that Nintendo is unable to keep up financially with Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo's top developers like Rare have left Nintendo's camp and headed elsewhere. Considering the state of their current financial position, Nintendo themselves have admitted that it would be more profitable and a better business decesion to become a 3rd party developer. Does this mean that the GameCube will be Nintendo's last system? Will we see Mario on the XBOX or one of Microsoft's future systems? No one knows for sure, but anything is possible. Could you have ever imagined Sonic on a Nintendo system ten years ago? Well, as the past has showed us, anything can and eventually will happen.

:)http://www.xboxexclusive.com/news.shtml

JimmieDoogan
11-13-2002, 01:44 PM
Nintendo already stated in STONE that they will be making a succesor to GCN. They said there in the games business to stay, and they'll still be making Nintendo systems. Your rumor has just been defunct.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2896491,00.html

Kortiz
11-13-2002, 04:30 PM
speculation hippiehippie DOOODOOOO

rumor until it happens. so both yalls sources suck donkeynutz aight?

mitchrules1
11-13-2002, 04:34 PM
Ya I thnk they will continue making them

BeerMonkey
11-13-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by xboxtito
This isn't exactly XBOX news, but when I caught wind of this rumor I just had to pass it along. Much like Sega, it seems that Nintendo is unable to keep up financially with Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo's top developers like Rare have left Nintendo's camp and headed elsewhere. Considering the state of their current financial position, Nintendo themselves have admitted that it would be more profitable and a better business decesion to become a 3rd party developer. Does this mean that the GameCube will be Nintendo's last system? Will we see Mario on the XBOX or one of Microsoft's future systems? No one knows for sure, but anything is possible. Could you have ever imagined Sonic on a Nintendo system ten years ago? Well, as the past has showed us, anything can and eventually will happen.

cool mario on x box,i wish they had it on ps2 also!
PS2 DOES NOT SUCK:mad:

mitchrules1
11-13-2002, 04:42 PM
PS2 is a good system.

robnyack
11-13-2002, 05:11 PM
No...NEVER!

mitchrules1
11-13-2002, 05:13 PM
PS2 has its up's and down's just like xbox does

Nameless
11-13-2002, 05:19 PM
This is old "news".

mitchrules1
11-13-2002, 05:20 PM
ya

Qbas
11-13-2002, 05:47 PM
Nintendo allready confirmed that they are in the console business to stay and they are making next GBA and GC whatever those will be then.

Veno
11-13-2002, 05:49 PM
Frankly both systems i've come to be bored of. I'm not seeing anything that cool or new out of either.
PC seems to be today's best gaming machine.
Unreal 2 is coming, so is breed, condition zero, planetside, raven shield, world of warcraft, doom III, elite force II, vietcong, quake iv, delta force: black hawk down, command and conquer: generals, everquest II, asheron's call II, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, the sims online, star wars galaxies.

There are more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Paradox
11-13-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
Nintendo already stated in STONE that they will be making a succesor to GCN. They said there in the games business to stay, and they'll still be making Nintendo systems. Your rumor has just been defunct.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2896491,00.html

They kinda have to say that, but it doesn't mean it's true. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Gamecube is their last console.

The Informer
11-13-2002, 08:05 PM
Not this topic again....

LINKAGE (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26531)

rio2012
11-13-2002, 08:22 PM
I really think Mario died a long time ago.

JimmieDoogan
11-13-2002, 08:39 PM
Eat a turd biscut ChickenSHHHH. I provided a link with PROOF. So suck on a dirty diper for a little while, cause you know you gotta keep yourself full of crap!

Qbas
11-14-2002, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Veno
Frankly both systems i've come to be bored of. I'm not seeing anything that cool or new out of either.
PC seems to be today's best gaming machine.
Unreal 2 is coming, so is breed, condition zero, planetside, raven shield, world of warcraft, doom III, elite force II, vietcong, quake iv, delta force: black hawk down, command and conquer: generals, everquest II, asheron's call II, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, the sims online, star wars galaxies.

There are more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
You forgot Shadowbane from that list :)

XBOX MSSC
11-14-2002, 02:34 PM
you're be beating a dead horse :rolleyes:

FiLo
11-19-2002, 09:03 AM
Great use of metaphor, there..
I remain non-plussed. I prefer to think of the present, and what games I SHOULD be playing right now, instead of posting.

HellSpawn
11-19-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by xboxtito

What you fail to grasp is that although they lost Rare, they had 49% of the company's shares which they sold to Microsoft for A LOT OF MOOOLAH............yes.................They are NOT poor.

No Fear 23
11-19-2002, 05:10 PM
mario sucks ass, so does POS2 (lousy graphics)

its my opinion and fact, so dont flame me

CrazyCougar
11-19-2002, 06:52 PM
Fact no! Opinion nothing wrong with that.

There is nothing wrong with the PS2. Both Xbox and PS2 have their own pros and cons. Online deifnitely goes to xbox.

As for Nintendo, I too forsee them jumping into just the gaming arena. Possibly continuing to produce consoles for Japan only. But I definitely see Mario and Sonic on the Xbox in the future. There's no doubt this could happen.