PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon.. pls review....

Jdag
11-13-2002, 11:16 PM
Could someone review this game for me,, I live overseas (in the military) and want to buy it, but would like someone to review it first,, thanks,, also,, friend of mine has made some awsome message boards that (in addition to the xba brds of course hehe) might be worth checking out. Hit the link baby
http://members.lycos.co.uk/allxbox/phpBB2/index.php
seriously,, they are nice:cool:

FuNkY mOnK
11-14-2002, 06:29 AM
I have it and have not gone through the training, from what I see, you better get training and know what the hell your doing or it's pretty much a no win situation. very realistic indeed. from where you're stationed you should consider Hitman.;)

siayajin
11-14-2002, 08:12 AM
I picked up a copy this morning. So far, I'm impressed. Can't wait to try multiplayer with a friend and when Live is activated.

*might be me, but does anyone else have a problem trying to "zoom in" using the scope? I'm doing what the training lady says but to know avail.

siayajin
11-14-2002, 08:30 AM
Bah.

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Again, great game so far.

DrDave
11-23-2002, 05:34 PM
I picked up GR two days ago and have to say that it's awesome. I went through the training missions and played a bit of the single player mode before getting broken in on XBOX LIVE! If you want to get good at GR, play it on XBOX LIVE. Your level of proficiency increases exponentially! It's also hella fun! Just talking to teammates about where the enemy is and how to attack makes the replay value on this game infinite. The graphics are amazing, and if you play as a sniper, the outfit that you wear looks just like a tree, making it incredibly difficult to see you if you're in a forested environment.
The sound effects are great, but there really isn't a musical score, which basically adds to the overall realism of the game. I was literally sweating after playing last night. The tension is incredible when you're hunting out a sniper and keep getting shot!! The worlds are huge and there's plenty of places to hide and ambush other teams.
I havn't played through the single player missions yet, so I don't yet know how great the single player mode is, but I think that the real value of this game is definitely in its multiplayer and XBOX LIVE capabilities!

I definitely recommend this game! A++